Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

After changing new bulbs:

From bottom left to upper right:

1. DD - Geisemann Actinic (back of tank)

2 & 3. BLV Nepturion 150W (double-ended) 14000ºK

4. DD - Geisemann Aquablue (front of tank)

The fixture comes with 2 external electronic ballasts... so take the heat away from the tank... also helps in a sleeker, lighter fixture (those 2 ballasts are heavier than LR, lol). The 2 T5s are controlled by a single power plug.

So all together, 3 power plugs... perfect for individual timer control... now I can even control the 2 MH individually... cool :whistle

As mentioned before... the fan is a little too audible...

Special appearance (for the first time)... my Apple PowerMac G5 Duo... another powerhouse :nuke:

post-34-1144078334.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So what u guys think? If you ask me... hehe... I'm a very happy man :upsidedown: The overall build quality and design is quite up-to-expectations (for that price)... of course, I've spent another $300 changing the 4 bulbs.

The original fixture comes with Aquaflux MH and T5 bulbs... will probably sell it to other reefers that need a replacement bulb or something...

Verdict? I will still get myself a German made fixture... when I can afford it. Reliability and long term endurance is still what I want for my Percula 90... so yeah, once I can afford it... for now... will make the most out of this brilliantly made product :D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

what can i say... :bow:

thought it's a china made product , i feel the price is justified with the workmanship with e ballest .

great move to change the bulb . awaiting the effect .

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Here's Plan A:

1. Adjustable overflow comb

2. Aqua Medic Turboflotor Percula protein skimmer

3. Live rock (small pieces)

4. Sponge

5. Polyfilter

6. Trickle plate

7. A thick layer (approx. 5") of Ecosystem Miracle Mud

8. Chaetomorpha

9. Vertical 2ft T5 with waterproof capping (reversal lighting for Chaeto). Compartment E is a dry compartment with opening at the bottom to reach the cabinet below.

Please experience bros out there... I need guidance as this is the most crucial moment... :thanks: Just a thin line between success and failure... with luck thrown in... :bow:

post-34-1144081373.jpg

what can i say... :bow:

thought it's a china made product , i feel the price is justified with the workmanship with e ballest .

great move to change the bulb . awaiting the effect .

Bro Hammy... all thanks to you :bow:

Honestly when I was handling the light just now... I really can't tell the "made in China" feeling at all... I think this product is designed and built to target US and European market.

Bro, I bought 1 Aquablue and 1 Actinic Blue... which one should go to the front of tank? I want to have more blue to the front since my entire tank is flooded with MH. What u think?

hey the cheato in comparment 8 is a good idea but i think you should try to hang your old PL which you used for your NC on the back surface vertically so that the entire plant receive the light.

jon

Thanks for the recommendation. I think hanging it outside is better in case watersplashes in compartment E... current PL is way too tiny... I think around 18W (1.5ft). Will get a proper fixture since I don't have to worry about heat that much. The light escaping from this chamber can also act as night light :-)

What about the Miracle Mud? Quite costly though... does it help? Or just fill the bottom of chamber E with more LR...

Yeah Wrang... it does look very promising with all the necessary features in for a reasonable price... however when it comes to lighting, reliability is very important too... so let me run it for 3 months and see if the quality will deteriorate... so if u see me getting a new German light in 3 months time, then u know... either I strike the lottery... or the Solite Type3 gave way... time will tell :lol:

I think Solite is being marketed in the US under Coralife brand. So perhaps we are getting a great deal here!!!

You can learn more about this lamp from our forum sponsor AquaMarine, click on one of the thread with the Solite name on. Nah... nothing compares to your solid DIY lamp... so Scandinavian in design... quite retro actually... Love it!

Bro Hammy... all thanks to you :bow:

Honestly when I was handling the light just now... I really can't tell the "made in China" feeling at all... I think this product is designed and built to target US and European market.

Bro, I bought 1 Aquablue and 1 Actinic Blue... which one should go to the front of tank? I want to have more blue to the front since my entire tank is flooded with MH. What u think?

ya i think it is a great product IMO .

the type 3 and 4 look professional , however the bulb that come with it is not that great.

just that my tank is 2 feet and type 3 dun have fixture for 2 feet or else i will have damage to my wallet. :)

when is ur tank coming ??

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Suprise, Miss Mo!!!!!!

Where are you going to put your new tank in your house?

Show me more pictures.  :D

Wow I love the smilies on this forum.  :off:

orcariux

Hehe... bros... pls welcome Orcariux from Melbourne!!! I am trying to pursuade him to start a tank at home... then can visit him in Melbourne during summer and go out the beach to catch starfishies and hermits... nice :lol:

Bro... it's not as hard as it seems... really... ask the other bros here :look:

Btw for u guys wondering who Miss Mo is... err... long story actually... well... whatever... it was a joke... i guess... em... err... whatever lah... dun be so "busy-body"... "can-or-not"... :fear:

actinic blue should be in the front if u wanna the bluy look isnt it ??

how's the deltec tube ?? :)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

ya i think it is a great product IMO .

the type 3 and 4 look professional , however the bulb that come with it is not that great.

just that my tank is 2 feet and type 3 dun have fixture for 2 feet or else i will have damage to my wallet. :)

when is ur tank coming ??

Tank will arrive in 2 hrs 40 mins, lol. Oh yeah, gotto go home soon... still need to move things around especially the chiller... took half day today... it's a big day for me u know ;)

As for the Aqulux bulbs... I guess they are still useable lah... not like "totally-cannot-make-it"... but I've already posted in Pasar Malam section to sell it to other bros... for a very good deal (I think) :lol:

must be damn excited now ya ?? :P

do tell mi when u are ordering the aquamoonlight k ?? :P

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

must be damn excited now ya ?? :P

do tell mi when u are ordering the aquamoonlight k ?? :P

Bro... u bet!!! I haven't been this excited for a very long time... sad but true ;) ... emm... since when ah?... since I lost my virginity I think :shock: lol!!! And that was like decades ago... double lol!!! Yeah I will let u know when I am ready to get the Aquamoonlight!!!

So excited@PE O RFI)! LAF +! FA SDFLJ~!!!!

actinic blue should be in the front if u wanna the bluy look isnt it ??

how's the deltec tube ?? :)

Yes I will do the switch later (while waiting for the delivery guy)... haven't really got a chance to admire the power of the tubes yet, tonight I will post... yes yes yes!!!

Bro... u bet!!! I haven't been this excited for a very long time... sad but true ;) ... emm... since when ah?... since I lost my virginity I think :shock: lol!!! And that was like decades ago... double lol!!! Yeah I will let u know when I am ready to get the Aquamoonlight!!!

So excited@PE O RFI)! LAF +! FA SDFLJ~!!!!

haha . so excited until drunk ar . cannot understand the last sentence leh

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Hehe not drunk, but intoxicated by this strong coffee I bought from Marks & Spencer... shiok! Ok talk to you guys later :) and yes... must drive safely...

• SRC Member

Yes I will do the switch later (while waiting for the delivery guy)... haven't really got a chance to admire the power of the tubes yet, tonight I will post... yes yes yes!!!

i think he might juz hug the percula90 to slp tonight... or his lights...

maybe he would be sleeping inside his tank with the lights on... hmm...

i think he might juz hug the percula90 to slp tonight... or his lights...

maybe he would be sleeping inside his tank with the lights on... hmm...

Bro Collin I am not that short ok?!? How to fit into a 3ft tank? U want me to have sun burn tomorrow is it? lol... I think worst than that, probably skin cancer :unsure:

• SRC Member

hahaha bro... sorry la.. but was thinking you would be in this fetal position, curled up to slp... ok la... maybe you wun be switching on the lights.. you would be hugging it to slp... :off::off::off::off:

hahaha bro... sorry la.. but was thinking you would be in this fetal position, curled up to slp... ok la... maybe you wun be switching on the lights.. you would be hugging it to slp... :off::off::off::off:

Like an Egyptian mummy right? U r so cruel... and although the Solite looks thin, it is not that lightweight, lol. You wanna suggest me doing other things tonight?... like have a comfortable sleep on my bed... perhaps a smile on my face... or perhaps a nightmare of my Percula 90 cracking... :evil: