Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

• SRC Member

No not running any UV coz it will also destroy the beneficial bacteria I've been adding using System Reef-resh... after talking to my usual LFS, there are 2 options:

1. To catch the infected fish out and cure them in a separate tank

2. To let the fish fight for its own life... if it happens :sick: , just remove it from the tank asap.

Other methods like dosing the main tank will do more harm than good to the entire system.

Preventive steps like UV and Ozone should be taken earlier, not now :(

I will go for option 2, I will let the 2 Tangs fight for their lives. I heard a lot of Tangs survived and became stronger after that. I know it sounds cruel, but there isn't a way to do it without messing the tank, which in turn will add more stress to the remaining fishes and corals.

For me... it's always the forest... I shouldn't jeopardize the entire forest just because of 2 trees :unsure:

At least they are still feeding well... not as "pig" as before... but still eating. Will get them something more appetizing.

Another newbie mistake I made along the way... "Dear journal, I need a Q tank"... <_<

If I'm not wrong, it's still not too late to run the UV. There's lots of discussion abt UV as there isn't any clear direction or hard fact of hw much beneficial bateria will be kill.

Btw, isn't that oni actinic light can produce those neon color on the corals or blue light oso can?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Btw, isn't that oni actinic light can produce those neon color on the corals or blue light oso can?

Err... what's the difference between actinic blue and blue light? Em... if you are going for tube brands made for aquarium use, they are all actinic blue, IMO.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Err... what's the difference between actinic blue and blue light? Em... if you are going for tube brands made for aquarium use, they are all actinic blue, IMO.

ATI got blue+, blue special and actinic blue!

• SRC Member
This piece of Green Gonio is not opening... partly my fault... I have yet to find it a new location in the tank. My Cleaner Shrimps love hanging around it, and everytime my shrimps landed on them, they will retract. And it happens all the time... so I must move this specimen to the left side of the tank (currently occupied by my deadly Bubble)... the shrimps do not hang out on the left side of the tank <_<

This I think is a alvepora instead of gonio.

This I think is a alvepora instead of gonio.

I am so confused... some say Gonio, some say Alveo... :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Since the specimen is not opening well anyway, I guess no harm treat is as Alveo, I will move it to a position with lower current flow tonight.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

alva oso will extend.

I have one Alveopora for a long time now, yeah it will extend, but they prefer low current :)

post-34-1147520002.jpg

On 2nd look confirm is gonio. My mistake. :P

Hehe... thanks for the confirmation... but I still need to relocate the specimen coz my 4 Cleaner Shrimps are causing too much irritation <_<

Cleaners always a problem when they big. Will give up on them after they pass on. So can have triggers keke.

See! It's quite evident in this pix :(

post-34-1147540470.jpg

bro .. i wanna ask u .. this kind from where ?

Ohhh I think from US... I think the name is something like "Radioactive" something...

My Shrooms and Yumas are not opening well... especially the Pink/Red Mushroom on top (3 polyps)... could it be the MH is too strong? I am reducing my right side MH to 3 hours instead. I'm afraid all my shrooms "kena" bleach... anyone with experience of shrooms under strong MH?

If it's not my MH, then what can be the possible cause of shrooms not opening? This is so frustrating :(

post-34-1147541076.jpg

My Red Gonio... opening more and more... at least longer tentacles than yesterday :P I have high hope on this specimen :)

post-34-1147541195.jpg

bro,u will not be disappointed with the us zoos...i just collected some us zoo from bro dersuz n though it ex...its so nice!!!his softies tank is amazing!!!...i think he has almost every colour of zoos..even orange!!!!

Err... I am not collecting from bro Dersuz... really that nice? Maybe I can ask him for extra frags... can you post pix?

My Shrooms and Yumas are not opening well... especially the Pink/Red Mushroom on top (3 polyps)... could it be the MH is too strong? I am reducing my right side MH to 3 hours instead. I'm afraid all my shrooms "kena" bleach... anyone with experience of shrooms under strong MH?

If it's not my MH, then what can be the possible cause of shrooms not opening? This is so frustrating :(

They like Mh from what i know... I sold to sunny03 and they are doing well in his tank... under 250w mh if not wrong...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

bro,u will not be disappointed with the us zoos...i just collected some us zoo from bro dersuz n though it ex...its so nice!!!his softies tank is amazing!!!...i think he has almost every colour of zoos..even orange!!!!

Lol.... It is not really ex... Considering the price he got them in at... lol...

Very worth it...

Member of:

They like Mh from what i know... I sold to sunny03 and they are doing well in his tank... under 250w mh if not wrong...

So the problem is not with the MH... then I must really find out why my new shrooms are not opening... the old one (on the right) is opening like nobody's business!!! <_<

So the problem is not with the MH... then I must really find out why my new shrooms are not opening... the old one (on the right) is opening like nobody's business!!! <_<

They might be adjusting to the lighting...

Btw anymore nice yumas and shrooms at T95?

Dropping by tml... lol...

Member of: