Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

beautifool tank.. my hero!!!!

I hope your beautiFOOL is a typo bro... seriously... you really think I dislike you? (as claimed by you previously)... don't be silly... I :wub::wub: you!!! Look at your avatar... who can resist her?!? She's your mermaid right... and we all love her... but bro, don't change your avatar to some horrid face or else other reefers will go :sick::sick::sick:

Hero?!? Em... hero is in the making... a certain partition tank... with nice nice SUNS... how's your Injured Sanctuary going?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Surely there is always the living room! ;)

Can always tear down a few nice walls :D

Hehe... unfortunately not as easy as that... considering my place has been renovated (move in) less than 3 years ago... don't think it's possible to move things again... unless lucky enough to find a bigger home (for me and my Nemo) :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

If you can afford the width, go for 4ft width.

I have seen a 4x4x2 tank by a lady reefer which till date still inspire me! The depth make the scaping so natural to enable many hideout and hangover. :bow:

Bro cannot afford the width :(

Wow! A 4ft cube by a sis?!? Damn... she must be a tall person (with long arms)... scaping is definitely gonna be impressively real with that kinda depth but maintaining it can be a "brokeback" and "brokearm" session <_<

Bros and sis... what do you think of my below plans :bow:

I am going to receive my Aquatronica soon and I am planning to use it to control my Teco RA240 (TW/4) chiller (225W) instead of relying on the Teco's built-in thermostat. I believe this can offer much more flexibility to my tank especially during day time.

Here's my plan:

No light period (night and early morning) - 26ÂşC to 27ÂşC

2 x T5 (blue period) - 26ÂşC to 27ÂşC

6 x T5 (white + blue period) - 27ÂşC to 28ÂşC

By having the (6 x T5 period) 1ÂşC higher will help me lessen the burden of my chiller. Will this affect my tank inhibitants? I am hoping that this will be a double-edge sword... conserving energy and be able to mimic nature closer, as I believe the water temperature of the ocean will easily rise 1ÂşC to 2ÂşC during day time.

Another question is... my Teco chiller will kick-in when the temperature is reaches 1.5ÂşC above the set temperature. Do you suggest me continue with this 1.5ÂşC diff setting or go with 2ÂşC instead. I learned from some bros that frequent kicking-in will consume much more energy as to compared to longer running process... I am feeding my chiller with an Aquabee 3000 (submerged in my IOS, so quite a bit of travelling and head loss).

A bro also told me it's better to rely on thermo probe placed in the main tank than to rely on the thermostat in-built into a chiller as the readings will be more accurate and representative of the main tank actual temperature.

So basically what the Aquatronica does is to allow my chiller to be completely off (together with the thermostat) until the computer activates (switch on) the chiller externally... brilliant isn't it?!? :lol:

Good news!!! My Dispar Anthias finally accepted pellets... Ocean Nutrition Formula Two... have yet to try the rest... maybe later :)

1406012fb.jpg

Here's my collection :)

1406052gy.jpg

• SRC Member

yavous gd news... once start eating, life gets alot easier... just leave it on autofeeder . 5 times a day no woris

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

Boby polyps forming on the outer rings of my Xenia... a good indication of growth... those purple "star polyp look-alike" at the bottom of my Xenia is spreading fast and I still have yet to ID them :unsure:

The Green Leather on the right is finally hairy again... after 2 days of being "glossy botak head" ;)

post-34-1150283287.jpg

My RBTA... finally out of hiding (2 days hiding inside the cave below)... notice those nice nice bubble tips... remind me of Strawberry flavoured condom :lol::lol::lol:

Good news!!! My Red Gonio is doing very well... notice those new baby polyps forming around the base? Weren't there previously... I am very confident now that my T5 is doing a job well done B)B)B)

post-34-1150283671.jpg

mate. . ur RBTA a bit too close to the other corals. . . . . .

if left unattended. . u can throw away the left over coral skeleton tmr morning. . :D

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

mate. . ur RBTA  a bit too close to the other corals. . . . . .

if left unattended. . u can throw away the left over coral skeleton tmr morning. .  :D

Is there such thing as non-stinging Anemone? Coz I've observed that my RBTA is not affecting its tankmates at all... you see the green Zoos on top? The Hammer doesn't seem to be affected also althouth their tentacles come into contact sometimes...

The RBTA is still quite far from my Lime Green Gonio (my favourite coral)... if it intimidates my Gonio... I will act <_<

post-34-1150284511.jpg

Another pix... my Pink Zoos also not affected at all... you see how my RBTA's tentacles rest on top of my Zoos? ;) Bubbles also doesn't seem to care much... nevertheless I shouldn't take chances... will monitor it very closely for the next couple of hours... any sign of stress, I shall intercept :(

Don't you guys agree that this piece of RBTA is such a fine specimen... I really hope I don't have to give it away... perhaps to the kind bro who adopted Big Mama :lol::lol::lol:

Probably my RBTA deserves the award "MISS FRIENDSHIP" :lol::lol::lol:

post-34-1150284672.jpg

my last anemone killed my bubble.. stung my red prata.. i have to shift everything tt is near it. there's always a price to pay when keeping RBTA.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

How to prevent the anemone from moving?

There's no way unfortunately... but as long as it is not creating too much havoc... I will let it remain in the tank... it's so so beautiful :lol: I got a feeling once it settles down in a spot it likes... it will remain there for a while :)

• SRC Member

There's no way unfortunately... but as long as it is not creating too much havoc... I will let it remain in the tank... it's so so beautiful :lol: I got a feeling once it settles down in a spot it likes... it will remain there for a while :)

Agree with bro Jervis,anemone doent stop moving..it maybe stop at a spot for a week or 2,or maybe longer but in the end it will still moves to another spot,unless its a carpet anemone :D

Are the white patches a sign of bleaching? Emm... my ATI T5 bleaching my Green Bubble?!? ;););) The Bubble is placed 21" away from the T5 tubes :nc:

post-34-1150287560.jpg

RBTA shifts very slowly, but bear in mind within one night it can run around ur tanks 10 times no problem. :D

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

RBTA shifts very slowly, but bear in mind within one night it can run around ur tanks 10 times no problem. :D

True... I've seen it move... emm... any bro here with great success keeping RBTA with other corals? Well... I don't suppose there will be a lot of bros interested in this piece I am to Pasar Malam it ;)

• SRC Member
Are the white patches a sign of bleaching? Emm... my ATI T5 bleaching my Green Bubble?!? ;););) The Bubble is placed 21" away from the T5 tubes :nc:

dun think that the bubbles are being bleached la... observe for a few more days, if it really does get worse, pass it to me. haha..

dun think that the bubbles are being bleached la... observe for a few more days, if it really does get worse, pass it to me. haha..

Hahaha... ok I will observe it for a couple of days more... how's things over your side?

EEGS EEGS EEGS EEGS EEGS EEGS EEGS EEGS EEGS EEGS EEGS EEGS EEGS EEGS EEGS :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

post-34-1150292076.jpg

u mean eggs?? What r those??

Ooppsss typo... repeat so many times some more... hehe copy paste mah...

I have no idea... what u guys think? This is getting so damn "shiok"!!! :yeah: