Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

Haha, how often does your chiller run per day? I chill my tank to around 27 degrees, is that good enough? :unsure:

27ºC is good. I think my chiller kicks-in at least 8 times a day, depending on the time of the day. If at night, the chilling will take less than an hour... but still... someone is gonna kill me this month once the electricity bill comes :unsure:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just bid farewell to my Prata :cry::cry::cry2:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

I just bid farewell to my Prata :cry::cry::cry2:

:erm::erm::erm::erm::erm::ooh:

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

I need to inprove my water conditions further... I wanna make sure all my current corals are healthy before I invest further. I could've use the $$$ to improve my para instead. Need to save up for the chiller also...

Which is a better brand for chiller? (Quiet, reliable and powerful)

1. Arctica

2. Hailea

3. Aqua Medic

4. Teco

5. Resun

Note: I will not attempt Prata for a while unless I come across a very healthy specimen... open fully that kind :nc:

• SRC Member
I need to inprove my water conditions further... I wanna make sure all my current corals are healthy before I invest further. I could've use the $$$ to improve my para instead. Need to save up for the chiller also...

Which is a better brand for chiller? (Quiet, reliable and powerful)

1. Arctica

2. Hailea

3. Aqua Medic

4. Teco

5. Resun

Note: I will not attempt Prata for a while unless I come across a very healthy specimen... open fully that kind :nc:

artica n teco is reliable n silent too... :D

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

artica n teco is reliable n silent too... :D

For around the same price... I think I wanna try Arctica... what u guys think?

I notice more ppl using artica. Other then resun like us poor reefers.

Bro I'm considering only lah... Arctica is really really expensive lor... if I buy the 1/5hp model, I will have to eat porridge or "Maggi" for the next month or so :( So must check properly before buying... and then my old Teco (3 months old only) will be so hard to get rid... probably keep it as a backup as chillers tend to give problems no matter how good.

• SRC Member

Bro I'm considering only lah... Arctica is really really expensive lor... if I buy the 1/5hp model, I will have to eat porridge or "Maggi" for the next month or so :( So must check properly before buying... and then my old Teco (3 months old only) will be so hard to get rid... probably keep it as a backup as chillers tend to give problems no matter how good.

Drive benz 1 leh

Drive benz 1 leh

Huh? What r u talking about :lol::lol::lol: Let's stick to the topic... now how about Hailea? I think they use Aqua Medic's design right? But different parts I heard... worth it?

• SRC Member

Huh? What r u talking about :lol::lol::lol: Let's stick to the topic... now how about Hailea? I think they use Aqua Medic's design right? But different parts I heard... worth it?

That i dunno but i think can adjust to the nearest decimal pt (27.6 or 27.7) not like resun whole number.

That i dunno but i think can adjust to the nearest decimal pt (27.6 or 27.7) not like resun whole number.

Ok that can be a nice feature but not essential IMO... I kinda like the Aqua Medic Titan... but the price is way too steep... and it's not German made (I heard)... any idea where Arctica is made?

• SRC Member

Ok that can be a nice feature but not essential IMO... I kinda like the Aqua Medic Titan... but the price is way too steep... and it's not German made (I heard)... any idea where Arctica is made?

No idea boy. Ask me abt resun haha.

Why not try Pacific Coo ah? Hehehe

Where can I find information about it? Is it good? Pricing wise? My options are open atm :)

Arctica is made in korea , as for PC u can forget about it .

U can get spare parts for all brands of chiller in singapore.

Quite true... no lah... I will not go for something bulky and ugly... that's why I like the look of the Aqua Medic Titan. The Arctica looks a bit too plastic IMO.

Last pix of the day :snore::snore::snore: This pix reflects my mood totally...

post-34-1147371010.jpg

Totally inspired by bro Xinga78... I rescape my tank to create a little Shroom corner... I shall name it Shroom Gallery! The water is still a little cloudy as I just added the Hydrocarbonat for the flooring (that patch only).

Can't wait to see the effect when they all open up :lol:

So now I got... Zoos Garden on the left, Shroom Gallery on the right :)

post-34-1147415038.jpg

• SRC Member
Totally inspired by bro Xinga78... I rescape my tank to create a little Shroom corner... I shall name it Shroom Gallery! The water is still a little cloudy as I just added the Hydrocarbonat for the flooring (that patch only).

Can't wait to see the effect when they all open up :lol:

So now I got... Zoos Garden on the left, Shroom Gallery on the right :)

Wah.....nice nice. Waiting to see them open. :)

Now that both sides have theme, what about the centre? :eyebrow:

Now that both sides have theme, what about the centre? :eyebrow:

The center is reserved for "Car Wash" :lol::lol::lol: