Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

wat anthias did u buy? dispar ?

Yupe Dispar... only Dispar can buy an army lah :lol::lol::lol:

post-34-1150477826.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You remember these guys?!? They grow a lot this week... can someone help ID? I think it is a form of brown Xenia... unbranched type.

post-34-1150478880.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

FTS... noticed a Dispar always isolated from the platoon (the one near the water surface)... 2 possibilities:

1) Outcast

2) Our future King (morph into a male specimen soon)

If morphing... surely very interesting to witness... I can still remember how excited Bro Qxnviolet was when his BE morphed... haiz... where are u now bro Qx :erm:

post-34-1150479450.jpg

• SRC Member
FTS... noticed a Dispar always isolated from the platoon (the one near the water surface)... 2 possibilities:

1) Outcast

2) Our future King (morph into a male specimen soon)

If morphing... surely very interesting to witness... I can still remember how excited Bro Qxnviolet was when his BE morphed... haiz... where are u now bro Qx :erm:

How to differentiate male and female dispar?

How to differentiate male and female dispar?

To be frank with you... I have no idea... let's discover together :lol:

I discover that there's a slight diff between the 2 dispar I got from AM earlier!  ;)

Really?!? How different? Try describe in words... maybe I can spot the same on my outcast <_<

Normally male Anthias are duller/darker in colour... and some also feature high dorsal fin... any of these signs?

Ohh :pinch: look at those ###### curves... and the center is so so inviting ;););) Everytime I talk ######... the coral will disappear the next morning... remember the nice nice Strawberry Dom-dom? :cry2::cry2::cry2:

post-34-1150480250.jpg

Does this look extremely ###### to you :lol::lol::lol: So funny :paiseh::paiseh::paiseh:

post-34-1150480522.jpg

• SRC Member

Really?!? How different? Try describe in words... maybe I can spot the same on my outcast <_<

Normally male Anthias are duller/darker in colour... and some also feature high dorsal fin... any of these signs?

One of my dispar have two long fin at the lower portion of the body whereas the other does not! Could it be one is male and the other is female? :yeah:

One of my dispar have two long fin at the lower portion of the body whereas the other does not! Could it be one is male and the other is female? :yeah:

Very possible... the one with the long fin is the male!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I can't help but notice your tank glass and tunze wavemakers are very clean. Not coralline algae etc. :o

How do you achieve that? :bow:

From what I can see... possible reasons:

1) Tank still very new... no coralline yet... so that's a bad sign

2) Tunze magnet cleaner

3) Chevron Tang... its mouth was designed for ultimate algae grazing... my YT no fight!

4) I clean most of the time especially before major photo session (like today)

5) T5 lighting... I used to have more algae growing on the glass with my old MH

This piece of Green Leather sure grows fast... those extending "fingers" at the bottom and the right side were not there last week :o

post-34-1150481469.jpg

My Green Yuma spits :sick::sick::sick:

post-34-1150481747.jpg

Coraline algae is a good sign. . . . hopefully yours starts filling ur tank. . .

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

Coraline algae is a good sign. . . . hopefully yours starts filling ur tank. . .

I have lots of them on my LR already... not as much as yours bro Acidjazz (all covered, every square inch) :lol: I also noticed my back glass panel starting to have round patches of coraline growth... that is definitely a sign of a maturing tank and I shall update you guys with a pix once the patches become more substantial in numbers :)

My tank being up for 6mths liao an not even a sign of coraline algae!!! :angry:

that means u are not hard working enuff. . . :D never dose enuff kalkwassar and calcium supplements. . .

But no worries, once u have ur deltec calcium reactor, ur coraline algae will bloom!!!!!

* same applies for our dear bro jervis. :)

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

* same applies for our dear bro jervis. :)

Haiz.... give me a break lar... I know you guys always go through my list and see what's missing... ok lah... 3 months later :lol:

A closer look at the EGGS!!! :lol:

post-34-1150549327.jpg

Just collected this piece of TOY from a kind bro... very good bargain... brand new :D

Aqua Medic Light computer

A three-channel microprocessor controller for around the clock aquarium lighting

The Aqua Medic Light Computer is designed to accurately simulate nature's own lighting. It is supplied with three separate programmable channels:

1) Channel One controls the primary lamp (e.g. metal halide, maximum 500 watts).

2) Channel Two controls additional lighting (e.g. blue fluorescent, maximum 300 watts).

3) The third channel, a special feature of the computer, controls an incandescent night lighting circuit to a maximum of 100 watts. The night light's intensity is controlled using an internal programme to simulate the natural lunar cycle of 28 days.

The combination of all three channels completely simulates the dusk to dawn lighting cycle. This cycle is of major importance for many plants and animals in setting a rhythm for their reproductive cycle.

post-34-1150561474.jpg

Why another piece of TOY you might ask... I know Aquatronica can do the job... but thos Light Computer allows dimmable effect to create sunrise/sunset effect (you know... the recent craze and all).

Dimmable?!? Yes... but not for all channels though :pinch: Only the 3rd channel (aka moonlight channel)... this channel can be connected using any incandescent light bulbs (normal light bulbs, halogen bulbs & etc.)... the 3rd channel will control the intensity of the bulbs (just like our normal wall light dimmer) in various percentage to:

1) Create sunrise/sunset effect - dimming in and dimming out before/after my BLUEs

2) It will run at night to act as a moonlight... in various intensity to mimic the moon cycle (already programmed inside)

I'm just curious what this guy can do... I've yet to find any light bulbs + fixture for the 3rd channel... so can't test the 3rd channel right away :(

post-34-1150561933.jpg

wow, what a cool toy!  :ooh:

Hehe... this product has been in the market for a while (if I'm not wrong)... so it's not like a new cool technology... but I just can't resist the bargain lor... the kind bro sold me this brand new unit at a fraction of his purchased price... already checked with Aqua Mart current retail price :lol: