Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok bro, I will post next Monday around 10pm. So do check out Pasar Malam ok?

Here's another pix of my MI:3 :lol:

post-34-1146796881.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Ok bro, I will post next Monday around 10pm. So do check out Pasar Malam ok?

Here's another pix of my MI:3 :lol:

Bro Jervis,

Not forgetting me... will book mark my time-table for next monday :lol:

Haha so majestic looking.. darn I love the way u guys arrange yr rocks >< one day muz invite u guys down and help me rescape leow haha very limited areas to expand mi LS... :cry:

Hehe... my rockscaping is still a mess... trying to push the scaping more to the front so that I can have better current flow behind... but it's not easy as I have too many small pieces of LR, so not very good as stand-alone foundation. But yes, if you need help... just let us know, even if we can't help you physically, we can always give comments and remote instructions :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Bro Jervis,

Not forgetting me... will book mark my time-table for next monday :lol:

You will surely has an advantage over the other bros... I will post it as first-collect-first-serve basis :lol: But not all Zoos lah... I will identify those that I will be giving away FOC. Stay tuned!

y the anemone at the back seems to be unhappy....

gonna die?

evacuate! :lol:

It's just like that sometimes... but most of the time, it looks happy... yes will still monitor it :)

• SRC Member

Hehe... my rockscaping is still a mess... trying to push the scaping more to the front so that I can have better current flow behind... but it's not easy as I have too many small pieces of LR, so not very good as stand-alone foundation. But yes, if you need help... just let us know, even if we can't help you physically, we can always give comments and remote instructions :lol:

Place a pump to circulate the water between the LR hidden. Use ur small LR to cover it. Will help alot.

It's just like that sometimes... but most of the time, it looks happy... yes will still monitor it :)

The bigger Anemone is oozing out intestines & blah... so no choice but to remove it from the tank before :nuke::nuke::nuke:

No Anemone for my clowns :(

Hello :rolleyes:

post-34-1146835467.jpg

Update on Polyp Lab Reef-fresh™ after 3 days of dosing:

1. Very troublesome lor... must dose RF-Fuel before photosynthesis (in the morning before work) and the other 3 after photosynthesis (before sleep). Must be very dedicated if wanna start with this product.

2. No skimmate... yes no skimmate from my Turboflotor for the past 2 days. At first I was very worried suspecting something wrong with my protein skimmer. Also checked with A.Mart several times. Took out my Turboflotor and PH 2500 for cleaning, cleaned the air tube too... still no skimmate. So, definitely nothing wrong with the skimmer. Also checked water parameters, everything is normal (quite optimum in fact)... so I should take this as a positive sign :) Imagine... with my bioload... no skimmate?!? This product is really "powderful" :lol:

3. Corals are looking good... even with all the scaping and messing around (especially with current flow)... all corals (except the perished Anemone) are looking healthier than before. The Green Star Polyps are extending out more... the Hammer is opening fully... my Orange Yumas are opening very large... even the Zoos looks larger :)

4. Water is crystal clear... imagine without my Reefpack (mechanical filter) and all the scaping works... the water is at its clearest!!! And the water got "no smell"... u know the water is bad when you can smell it... that's how I usually double-check my water quality ;)

5. Algae still winning the battle... although the product claim to eliminate/reduce algae growth (by maintaining a low-nutrient environment)... algaes are still growing especially on the glass surface :(

Still waiting to see the full results... to be frank, I think the biggest disadvantage of Reef-fresh™ is the possibilty of my tank not being able to sustain itself without this product. I'm afraid if I stop using the product, the whole tank will collapse :( Of course A.Mart assured me that they will continue bringing in the product. Also, what if I go for a 2 weeks holiday? Em... gotto start thinking about that :cry:

post-34-1146836511.jpg

• SRC Member

eh bro ! u got a moorish idol too ? i just bought one today ... umm... hows it going with it ? i abit scared tt i cant support it ... is urs feeding ?

Started dosing the following:

1. Aqua Medic Reef Life Trace [Replacing Kent Marine Essential Elements]

2. Aqua Medic Reef Life Iodine [Replacing Kent Marine Iodine]

Discontinued:

a. Kent Marine Strontium & Molybdenum*

b. Kent Marine Liquid Calcium

c. Seachem Prime* [Replaced by the use of domestic Water Filter - Mitsubishi Cleansui]

* Unsure if I should discontinue usage

Guys, need your help here... trying to simplify and minimizing my dosing... how important is item (a)? Can item (1) replace item (a)? How important is item ©?

:thanks: in advance

Meanwhile... do enjoy my $20 a rock (with 4 to 5 polyps) "common" yuma :lol:

post-34-1146837317.jpg

eh bro ! u got a moorish idol too ? i just bought one today ... umm... hows it going with it ? i abit scared tt i cant support it ... is urs feeding ?

Hahaha!!! Where you bought ur MI? I bought mine from Irwana, saw it feeding on frozen Brine Shrimp before buying. You should do the same for "difficult-to-feed" LS :) My MI is looking very stable, although being bullied (a bit) by my Chevron Tang... :unsure:

• SRC Member

i bought from bengs today...but feeding ones quite ex right ? i actually got my idol to feed last time .. but it died still ... mussels are very effective ... open one slice it up abit and throw in with the shell... when the smell starts to spread around .. the idol will get curious ... when mine died i was very traumatised .. hopefully this round it will be ok ..

i bought from bengs today...but feeding ones quite ex right ? i actually got my idol to feed last time .. but it died still ... mussels are very effective ... open one slice it up abit and throw in with the shell... when the smell starts to spread around .. the idol will get curious ... when mine died i was very traumatised .. hopefully this round it will be ok ..

Emm... how much u paid for ur feeding MI? I bought mine for $8 only :) Once feeding... then the chances of its survival is increased... but nothing is for sure... in reefing there's no definite solution to a problem... ;)

• SRC Member

mine isnt feeding ... i havent bought feeding ones before .. too poor to afford one .. 8 ah ? same price leh ... damm ... should have walked a lil bit more to iwarna ... i know the auntie better ... hiaz .. haha.. anyways .. is urs feeding now? mine isnt .. will try mussels tml ..

1 only have min minerals . I think u will still need to dose (a).

Thanks bro... I will dose (a) now :)

<------------------- Lyretail Anthias (Male) donated by bro Colinsoon :lol:

Just spotted my Chevron Tang poo... scary :sick::sick::sick:

A bro just collected the Tunze Wavemaker (Multicontroller 7095 + Turbelle 7200/2)... now the current flow in my tank SUCKS!!! Need to go collect my Stream tomorrow :lol:

<------ You guys like my new avatar?