Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys... my chiller ran for 2 hours during the height of the lighting period (2 150W MH + 2 39W T5)... that is unacceptable :erm::erm::erm: Just wondering... will 28ºC - 29ºC upset my corals? Coz I find it very difficult to maintain anything lower than that.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Okie la. Can buy to try out ur tank suitable for yuma anot ma. Mine always melt so i will buy from there try 1st.

Yeah can try first... you need to mix them anyway... it will be insane to have 2 dozens of $$$ Yumas :blink:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Are you using any Chiller at the moment? Artica is very expensive especially for larger models... dunno leh... still considering.

Planning to get one! Since Reef Depot have installation plan, may consider getting from them!

Planning to get one! Since Reef Depot have installation plan, may consider getting from them!

Emm... maybe we can buy together :lol: Which model r u looking at?

You have such a high water volume (main tank + sump)... u sure 1/3hp is good enough? I am thinking of getting 1/2hp... but will it be overkill? ;)

• SRC Member

might want to look at your pumps as they might be the ones giving all the heat into your tank

i have a 400w on my tank this 24x18x19 (most of my tanks use 400w) and without equipment running and just the mh and a tunze it runs under 25c but cause i using cheap pumps (need to get some ehiems) they release some heat into my water but that was just fixed using a pc fan my tank stay at a stable 27-27.5 with and without mh on :)

might want to look at your pumps as they might be the ones giving all the heat into your tank

i have a 400w on my tank this 24x18x19 (most of my tanks use 400w) and without equipment running and just the mh and a tunze it runs under 25c but cause i using cheap pumps (need to get some ehiems) they release some heat into my water but that was just fixed using a pc fan my tank stay at a stable 27-27.5 with and without mh on :)

I believe it depends on ur room temperature also... I don't switch on the air-conditioner, so room temperature usually 28ºC to 30ºC (sometimes higher during day time)

I am running the following pumps in my tank:

1. Aqua Medic PH2000 (skimmer)

2. Sicce Multi 800l/h

3. Sicce Multi 1300l/h

4. Sicce Multi 2500l/h

5. Tunze Stream 6000

6. Tunze Turbelle 1600/2 (12 hours a day @ night)

Any of the above pumps should be replaced?

Oh I've already checked at JBJ website, they recommend me using the 1/5hp model.

• SRC Member

well room temp is around 24-25 with no aircon (in perth aus) a bit different in sg.

dont know how good the sicce are in heat release

maybe look into the teco range ?

may be this will give you some idea how to decide when sizing your chiller :lol:

[url=http://www.asiareefing.org/forums/sh

Yeah I used the JBJ site to calculate lor... very interesting :lol: In the end they recommend me go for 1/5hp.

Guys, what other chillers can run quieter than Artica? I have very sensitive ears... must be the damage during the 80's... u know Aiwa Walkman... Michael Jackson... :pinch::pinch::pinch:

well room temp is around 24-25 with no aircon (in perth aus) a bit different in sg.

dont know how good the sicce are in heat release

maybe look into the teco range ?

I am using a Teco RA240 (TW/4) and I am not very happy with the power. Originally bought it for my Nano Cube. This afternoon, with all my lights on... the Teco ran for 2 hours to bring down 1ºC (28ºC to 27ºC). That was way too long <_<

Emm... my fishes seem to prefer the new (smaller) shrimps... probably because their claws are smaller, or simply less intimidating :huh: If that's the case, I will have to add in new shrimps every 3 months or so.

Any real reason for that?

post-34-1147357136.jpg

• SRC Member
Emm... my fishes seem to prefer the new (smaller) shrimps... probably because their claws are smaller, or simply less intimidating :huh: If that's the case, I will have to add in new shrimps every 3 months or so.

Any real reason for that?

Add in new shrimps every 3 months? You must be kidding...haha your tank will be filled with shrimps in no time like that. :lol:

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

Add in new shrimps every 3 months? You must be kidding...haha your tank will be filled with shrimps in no time like that. :lol:

I heard from reefers that Cleaner Shrimps will not clean once they grow big... so if I wanna keep my fishes clean... can't think of other alternatives :(

• SRC Member

Yeah I used the JBJ site to calculate lor... very interesting :lol: In the end they recommend me go for 1/5hp.

Guys, what other chillers can run quieter than Artica? I have very sensitive ears... must be the damage during the 80's... u know Aiwa Walkman... Michael Jackson... :pinch::pinch::pinch:

for you tank size and light system... 1/4hp should more than good enough. by the way, what is your flow for your chiler at present?

age.png

for you tank size and light system... 1/4hp should more than good enough. by the way, what is your flow for your chiler at present?

I'm using a Sicce Multi 2500 :) Flow is:

Tank (Back compartment) ---> Chiller (1.2m away, chiller on a chair) ---> Tank (1.2m to a split outlet with duck beak)

• SRC Member

I heard from reefers that Cleaner Shrimps will not clean once they grow big... so if I wanna keep my fishes clean... can't think of other alternatives :(

my cleaner did not fulfil its role as a cleaner until it is super huge. only was able to clean fishes for 2 weeks before i sold it off. cos too big. i dun like.

your flow seem ok :) anyway, usually teco over spec their chiller size :)

Quite evidently so... I am getting all sweaty now... thanks to my chiller :lol:

Haha, how often does your chiller run per day? I chill my tank to around 27 degrees, is that good enough? :unsure:

27 degree is good enough. i set it at 26.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10