Restarting of Nakazoru's Tank

nakazoru

Updatez...

Tank view. See the two seio M620 :D

They are on timer to provide alternating current to my main tank. :rolleyes:

So I have left current - 2400LPH, right current - 2400LPH, full current - 4800LPH, no current - 1100LPH from return pump, 24/7... :evil:

A cheap way to avoid an expensive flow controller... :angel:

Don't you encounter any problems putting the SEIO's on timers ?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bro Nakazoru, I think your alternating current is for a long period of time right? Not switch every 5 mins.

According to the manual of my Tunze 6100 (uncontrollable unit), they discourage switching on/off the Stream for more than 24 times a day... so I believe the same applied to a lot of other pumps/powerheads.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

My alternating current is on 2 hrs switching. Bearing in mind that excessive on-off of any pump will shorten the pumps life. My seio ran for 2 months liao, so far did not see any wear and tear, so I guess 2 hrs is okay.

There are some taiwan or China made power head that jam if on-off too frequently, so be aware.

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

Bro thanks for the Hailea review... I will follow it closely... if I am to get a Hailea 1/2hp instead of a Arctica... I can save $1500 for my Deltec CR!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Bro thanks for the Hailea review... I will follow it closely... if I am to get a Hailea 1/2hp instead of a Arctica... I can save $1500 for my Deltec CR!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Wah;

You dig a small hole so that you have more energy for a bigger hole.... :o

Life is short, live hard.

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

You dig a small hole so that you have more energy for a bigger hole.... :o

Life is short, live hard.

I know... if this continue... I need to start digging really huge holes on the ground... firstly try to look for gold (or dinasour fossils)... if fail can jump in and hide inside already (creditors chasing me left right center) :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

I know... if this continue... I need to start digging really huge holes on the ground... firstly try to look for gold (or dinasour fossils)... if fail can jump in and hide inside already (creditors chasing me left right center) :lol::lol::lol:

bro. its sunday evening. go out and have dinner. shop. do something. sitting in front of the tank and computer not healthy.. later grow big big...

bro. its sunday evening. go out and have dinner. shop. do something. sitting in front of the tank and computer not healthy.. later grow big big...

Just came back from dinner lah... don't dare to go town... or else surely drop by RD or AM :blink:

• SRC Member

Or fix up the tank even more, then will not get fat.... Or starve and save for next purchase.

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

Updatez of the tank pix. Pratas and cyanrina blasto in the sump so no pix....

post-34-1151848130.jpg

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member
Or fix up the tank even more, then will not get fat.... Or starve and save for next purchase.

hhaha.... should not recommend that starvation idea to him.. considering his passion for reefing right now... imagine a skeleton half falling into a 10ft tank.... trying to scape it...

hahaha

• SRC Member
is your seio blowing bubbles?

seio not blowing bubble. Juz the canister that I use to clean the tank. A effective way to remove debris... :D

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

hhaha.... should not recommend that starvation idea to him.. considering his passion for reefing right now... imagine a skeleton half falling into a 10ft tank.... trying to scape it...

hahaha

Passion??? That I'll will call an understatement. :huh:

I probably call him the "insane reefer".... :D Skeleton in the tank? Maybe I will super glue some man-eating zoo on him.... :evil:

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Or starve and save for next purchase.

Bro that's what I've been doing for 3 months now... actually I shed at least 3 to 4 kg leh... so happy :lol:

• SRC Member

Hi,

May I know what is that you put in the grey pvc pipe on the left of tank? Is that temporary? Why put in the pipe first? Thanks.

Oh,

that pipe. It is holding the frogspawn.

Since restarting, I encountered bleaching on all pratas and the frogspawn.

Thus I relocate the prata to the sump for nursing. Put the frogspawn in the tube so that it will hold steady for me to relocate it to a suitable place. Then I do not know the reason for bleaching.

I suspect temperature and restarting stress. After running tank for 1 month, at 29deg, with tank stablising.

1 polyps of frogspawn recovered, the other polyps 40% recovered.

Green prata recovered.

red prata 70% recovered.

brown prata 30% recovered.

All show good signs. Actually I contemplate trading these guys away since temp is not right. Hot spell in Singapore. Now, I can breath easier...

I hold all my buying since then....

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

Bro that's what I've been doing for 3 months now... actually I shed at least 3 to 4 kg leh... so happy :lol:

Same here! After getting the controller, gonna rely on water and bread for the next couple of months!

Oopss....... :off:

• SRC Member

Same here! After getting the controller, gonna rely on water and bread for the next couple of months!

Oopss....... :off:

Maybe you guys can start a "Starve for reef" club or something. :D Sure got a lot of ppl join one.

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Maybe you guys can start a "Starve for reef" club or something. :D Sure got a lot of ppl join one.

Emm... that's now a bad idea actually... then the club can get some hawker center, Bread Talk, food courts, 7-eleven and NTUC Fairprice as sponsors... at least the members do not have to beg on the street... or maybe apply for a performing license and perform some stunts in front of Takashimaya... we can do the CORAL DANCE :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Oh,

that pipe. It is holding the frogspawn.

Since restarting, I encountered bleaching on all pratas and the frogspawn.

Thus I relocate the prata to the sump for nursing. Put the frogspawn in the tube so that it will hold steady for me to relocate it to a suitable place. Then I do not know the reason for bleaching.

I suspect temperature and restarting stress. After running tank for 1 month, at 29deg, with tank stablising.

1 polyps of frogspawn recovered, the other polyps 40% recovered.

Green prata recovered.

red prata 70% recovered.

brown prata 30% recovered.

All show good signs. Actually I contemplate trading these guys away since temp is not right. Hot spell in Singapore. Now, I can breath easier...

I hold all my buying since then....

At 29 deg? I thought you running a chiller?

At 29 deg? I thought you running a chiller?

That was before he bought his chiller (relying on an Ice Probe)... yeah things can be quite tough at 29ºC... probably only Zoos will bloom well under such warmth ;)

• SRC Member

Now I show the prata that is bleach the last time. Seen here is a corea clam I got from a reefer here. Slight bleaching and gaping now, but responsive, got good potential to be a ultra colored one like my maxima.

The red bi-color is showing slow but good improvement. The color is coming back. The Brown golden spot prata came back from total bleach to slight brown with the iceprobe at 29deg. In the background is the cyanarina, now open 3-4".

Now at 26deg, they will definite be totally colorful... :D

post-34-1152221757.jpg

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

The best improved prata, the green guy... Totally restored, from almost total white. Can't believe it recovery rate, in one mth at 29deg....

post-34-1152221878.jpg

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.