Restarting of Nakazoru's Tank

nakazoru

• SRC Member
Bro Nakazoru, need some advise from you.

For your electrical panel setup, is it a must to tap to the main DB circuit from the house or any electrical point can be use to do somehting like yours?

Hope u understand what I mean! :thanks:

:off:

Btw, is there any electrician that can recommend to me which is familiar with the setup?

Bro lyz77;

You do not have to connect to the DB of the house. Any point can be used provided the current rating is sufficient to power the tank. The point will be able to source 13A. You will chose those MCB with the lower current rating.

What I used is the mains connected to 16A MCB and the other 4 6A MCB. The 16A MCB acts like just a switch in this case as it may be higher than the house DB. The 6A MCB is the main protection in this case. If any equipment trip, it will thus not trip the house.

Most electrician will not take up a small scale job. Most will also just do a per you tell them.

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
bro... hows the restarting going?? seems good to me... u adding skimmer into ya sump?

Bro raydiative;

Basic Tank is running now.

Still pending:

1. I have a skimmer but need to buy a appropriate pump.

2. Also pending is the chiller. Bought but not install.

3. Waiting Circulation pump to come and install.

Given away the common zoo, clowns.

Trying to give away the demsels.

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

Bro lyz77;

You do not have to connect to the DB of the house. Any point can be used provided the current rating is sufficient to power the tank. The point will be able to source 13A. You will chose those MCB with the lower current rating.

What I used is the mains connected to 16A MCB and the other 4 6A MCB. The 16A MCB acts like just a switch in this case as it may be higher than the house DB. The 6A MCB is the main protection in this case. If any equipment trip, it will thus not trip the house.

Most electrician will not take up a small scale job. Most will also just do a per you tell them.

Dun kw hw 2 do leh as I kw nuts able electrical! :(

Bro Nakazoru... :thanks: for the Zoos... the specimens fit my tanks perfectly... just like I've envisioned... lovely! The anemone that came with the larger piece, do u know the exact name?

Once again :bow::bow::bow:

And quickly connect ur Skimmer... hehe

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Bro Nakazoru... :thanks: for the Zoos... the specimens fit my tanks perfectly... just like I've envisioned... lovely! The anemone that came with the larger piece, do u know the exact name?

Once again :bow::bow::bow:

And quickly connect ur Skimmer... hehe

Haha Jervis;

The zoo will spread like mad in no time... Since ur tank is big, no worries.

Bro godzillaliu88;

The lite I use is 4 tube of T5. Consider my tank being 1.5 ft deep...

Went to Reef Deport, what very informative with Mr Seet... So tempted to buy a Deltec.. :D Cannot compare German with those Taiwan stuff. Saw the Iceprobe T5 ballast at more than 300SGD, value for money consider its advantage: Brightness and tube and stability, thus tube will last longer.

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Oh yeah... let them spread coz I can always frag them for distribution... love Zoos :yeah:

So r u gonna connect ur skimmer tonight? Mind sharing with us what u got inside ur canister? :P

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Oh yeah... let them spread coz I can always frag them for distribution... love Zoos :yeah:

So r u gonna connect ur skimmer tonight? Mind sharing with us what u got inside ur canister? :P

The Skimmer can wait... Too tire to source for the pump.

My Canister had this in order:

1. Bio-home

2. Anothor Bio-home

3. RowaPhos

4. Activated Carbon

Never fail to clear my water in 1 day. ;)

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member
Hrmz, is biohome really that effective? Any insider tips on where to get it and how much should i get if my tank is around 65G? Im using a cannister too. :lol:

Bro Qxnviolet;

Good to see another reefer use canister. Many denonce it but I have 3 at home. Manage to recover my tank from many near crashes by running a additional canister...

I have 2 tier of bio-home which they have micro spore to house bacteria, a way for neutrients export. depending on your canister you will like the best combination. Mine is Tank-> Bio-home-> Bio-home-> RowaPhos-> Cabon-> Tank, so the water goes from Biological-> Biological-> Chemical-> Chemical.

One thing I never do is wash the Bio-home with tap water, as this will kill the bacteria and cause a crash if wash for too long. I wash/rinse with salt water when I do water change (Salt water from water change). I has faithfully done its duties for 2 years without failing me. Except for low-quality canister that leaks.

As for how much to use, depending on your Bioload and of course ur canister size. I use as much as possible. I have used bio-home with bacteria, if you want, give you with a frag or ur coral. :D

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Wah matured bio-home with bacteria... priceless :D

• SRC Member

First causalty. Brown Clam. :(

Died simply becos of my carelessness when I ripe it out of the host rock.

post-34-1145958302.jpg

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Oh :shock: u r not suppose to do that :shock: Sorry bro for ur loss.

• SRC Member
Oh :shock: u r not suppose to do that :shock: Sorry bro for ur loss.

I know but it happens... I hold the clam and off came the rock together with one piece of its base..... I should have hold the rock. I really did not pull or use too much strength. :erm:

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Ok next time I must careful also when moving Croceas... I got 1 Crocea attached to a piece of rock. Do you think the clam can recover? It looks very severly damaged to me :huh:

• SRC Member
Ok next time I must careful also when moving Croceas... I got 1 Crocea attached to a piece of rock. Do you think the clam can recover? It looks very severly damaged to me :huh:

My Prata has eaten the remains after it drop ou of the shell... :huh:

Not a chance of surviving. No more kopi-susu clam now.

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

My Prata has eaten the remains after it drop ou of the shell... :huh:

Not a chance of surviving. No more kopi-susu clam now.

Not bad... still can be Prata food... at least not 100% wasted :erm:

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

It has been a while I updatez...

The progress so far:

1. Replaced the faulty timer...

2. Skimmer installed...

3. Chiller installed, but heat up the cabinet faster than chilling the tank.... Piss.... :angry: Took it out, to re-engineer...

4. Rip orange yuma out and placing it at a better place on LR.

5. Rip palythoa out of my zoo colony and stick in on some other LR.

6. Install the Seio M620, put on timer so it runs with alternating current.

Pic of my sump...

post-34-1147025305.jpg

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

A pix of my main tank.... in actinic... An a pix of one of the blue tang... I also try very hard to take pix of the mandarin dragonet, but it is very elusive...

post-34-1147025472.jpg

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Welcome back... wow so much progress... love the skimmate!!! :D

I am starting to look for Pratas too... perhaps you can help me with some pointers :lol:

• SRC Member

Another one.

See the cut pipe on the right, I use it to prevent my relocated orange yuma from blown away. Work so far as I relocated 2 yuma.

Next will be my mushie.

post-34-1147025623.jpg

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member
Welcome back... wow so much progress... love the skimmate!!!  :D

I am starting to look for Pratas too... perhaps you can help me with some pointers  :lol:

Hi jervismun;

Pratas!!!! :lol: Easier with those at Jalan Kayu except AM... :D

My 3 pratas are not doing that fantastic... :( . Currently I struggling with my temperature holding at 29deg... Chiller chills for a while and heats my sump up, as there is not enuf air flow in the cabinet.

For LPS that does not requires much lights, they need cooler temperature, thus they are a little bleached.

Red Prata, is doing the best, the other 2 is not getting better or worst the last time....

See red pratas :angel:

post-34-1147026045.jpg

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

The rare golden spot brown pratas, now ...... :cry:

post-34-1147026114.jpg

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

The green, not too bad, but not enuf...

Anyway, I feed they 2 times a week, and it like it...

post-34-1147026241.jpg

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.