RC Plane & RC Helicopter

rapalla

tamiya having some discount tdy on rc products.

www.stargek.com

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
i saw someone play with a honey bee today... looks fun!! just wondering, between the basic honey bee kit and the lama V3, which would u guys choose?

lama and other coaxial heli is easier to fly, but it wouldnt help u progress to other more common heli much...

honeybee will take more time to learn .. but spare parts more readily available.

• SRC Member
Saw this interesting thread. Im also a newbie to RC flying..Just bought a small battery powered helicopter 1 month ago. Still mastering to fly though. Sent to the shop very repair almost every week from crashes. Haha. expensive hobby but just as addicitve.

Hey Ervine, I was adviced by a shop owner that the honey bee is more unstable. Not too sure. Almost bought that though cause it looks good. Ended up with a Hughes 300 :)

well bro. thats part of heli flight learning :)

but damage cost can be avoided .. just need to know how to learn :)

i personally find Radd's school of rotary flight very useful (http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html)

it teaches u how to hover & hold the heli in one spot (very essential 1st lesson)

cant really comment which is more stable, but i'll get the heli with readily available spares.

if u want really stable heli, get something bigger!!

Ooo how much u spent on the Hughes basic kit and where u get it from? and why that over the honey bee?

http://www.skyhobbies.com.sg/Dynam_heli.htm

There's another one called the phoenix FP too... same price some more but not sure what does "ARF version" mean..

I got mine for $230 at Championhobby. Quite near the old AA and lavender actually. kill 2 birds if u get what I mean:) Yup,Still persevering...Crashed countless of times. Haha.

The uncle said the honey bee is very unstable. That's why...

Thanks CKS for the website and advice. Added to my favourites :)

"Save a reef, grow your own"

• SRC Member
There's another one called the phoenix FP too... same price some more but not sure what does "ARF version" mean..

ARF - Almost ready to fly .....

Some minor installations & tuning necessary.

Honey bee ....

Cannot make it.

If you felt a bigger heli, U won't wanna honey bee.

Too big a difference in terms of everything....

All the best guys!

Flying is fun till you crash !!! :evil:

Visit hobby link at Far East plaza. . super good price for Rc products.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member

ok got it changed for a working one... but quite silly the heli can only hover 5" off the ground and it keeps turning in circles like a mad hamster....

aiyah cannot expect too much for $20 bucks I suppose... can fly already not bad... :lol:

• SRC Member
are u able to control the tail of that heli?

eg- can command it to spin clockwise or anti?

for 20 bucks no way... it just goes off but itself... haha...

Highest I've reached so far before smashing into furniture is 1m...

haha. that's part and parcel of this hobby i guess. My 5week old heli also spoil. Somehow the tail motor can't move. Super sad. Wonder any of you bros out there knows how to fix it? If not, I might just buy a new one without tail rotor. Just double rotor on top. Any comments on those kind?

Just wondering if any of u guys tried champion hobby at kelantan lane? Starting to find the owner quite a sneaky chap. Been down countless times over the 5 weeks for charger defects, bought extra batteries also not working, when i send my main rotor for repair, he said can fix but told me the tail rotor also not working(it was working fine when i sent it down). Frustrating man.

• SRC Member

some comments regarding champion hobby

http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread...16&page=1&pp=15

you can use eSky replacement tail motor for your huge300 .. just have to do some soldering.

besides burning hole in the pocket.. you must also be able to affort the time to do some research on electronic/heli aerodynamic..etc

• SRC Member
been looking at the honeybee FP2, it's the only affordable one for me at the moment other than the $20 carrefour crash dummy...

but must think carefully.. 200+ bucks can upgrade skimmer :yeah:

haha.. it'll be more than $200

$200 for initial kit

$50-100 for replacement parts

can get pretty gd skimmer :)

just bought the lama v3 co-axial. Lovely heli for beginners! Would recommend it though it won't bring us very far. Good enuff for me to hover and zip around my home. :) Very stable!! Got it at Rotor at kitchener today!

• SRC Member

Mellow, whatever you do, do not drop those lithium battery. It may get damaged and if you did not know it was damaged and charged it, it might catch fire or even explode.

Hope you have fun with the heli. It is so stable that if you let go of the radio , it will hover by itself. Saw it being demo at Rotor.