Jacky's Aquamedic Chromis Tank

hammy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bro hammy, with your present number of fishes will the bio-load abit high for SPS tank? :(

i believe so ..my nitrate and phosphate level is quite low.

will do a test later.

i believe a efficient skimmer save a lot of hassle and make reefing a lot easier .

i have not put my hand in for very long le except to take out my coral. like that feeling

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Emm... looks very bright to me... is it a bit overkill at the moment... at least for the initial period... considering you using a German magnetic ballast and a world class MH bulb B)B)B)

ya .

i heard from a very experience that a magnetic ballast give more punch for the bulb , as much as 40 % much. however the bulb life is compensated.

hee, now i only on 4 hrs a day . just for the ric and my coralline algae

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

hahaha... and you don't have to switch on your room light when your MH light on now B)

glad to hear that your BLV bulb don't give out yellowish with german ballast. good! 150W is not too hot too. and all your high light demand corals got to place it on the top :P

now, i begin to see your next level of reefing :lol: and welcome to the bottomless deep pocket when you start it :lol:

age.png

hahaha... and you don't have to switch on your room light when your MH light on now B)

glad to hear that your BLV bulb don't give out yellowish with german ballast. good! 150W is not too hot too. and all your high light demand corals got to place it on the top :P

now, i begin to see your next level of reefing :lol: and welcome to the bottomless deep pocket when you start it :lol:

Loster !!!!!!!!

i still rememeber ur SPS tank when i was at ur place .

i was like WOWOWOOWO!!!!

well, sometime i can understand why u choose to go FOWLR .

it is so so so so s o much easier.

:) i believe u will go back into SPS when ur time permit again

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

• SRC Member
just for bro fishtalk.

my new lighting

i like it this way because it is more 'open'

the shimmering effect is great ! :)

Yahoooo..... :whistle Welcome to the MH club, U've really dig deep into ur pockets for the passion of this hobby :bow: Sleek design and well, U are a step higher to reefing now. SPS....... :yeah: Looking forward to ur SPS Dominate soon :yeah:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

Yahoooo..... :whistle Welcome to the MH club, U've really dig deep into ur pockets for the passion of this hobby :bow: Sleek design and well, U are a step higher to reefing now. SPS....... :yeah: Looking forward to ur SPS Dominate soon :yeah:

well, in the midst of having my correct equipment, i am reading up now for SPS.

selling some of my fishes to reduce bioload at the moment .

hee , feel that this hobby is just great.

i am still relatively new to SPS.

my CL280 will be upgraded to arctica. under the poison of bro reefzzz and jervis and Sapp ! feel safer to have a more reliable chiller too .

i think i am going slow this time . actually when i saw how bro reefzz set up his tank from scratch, i know that patience is a virtue i must have in this hobby.

well, my limiting factor is still variable M.

feel so happy these few days :)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

when open hse to invite us to see see again ? wat other fishes u thinking to let go ? :unsure:

i am letting go my BE anthias and starkii.

wanna catch them when they are asleep.

dun want to destroy the rockwork by bro reefzzz.

reduce bioload make my life easier too lah . :)

anytime u wanna come just give mi a ring lah. :)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

• SRC Member

i am letting go my BE anthias and starkii.

wanna catch them when they are asleep.

dun want to destroy the rockwork by bro reefzzz.

reduce bioload make my life easier too lah . :)

anytime u wanna come just give mi a ring lah. :)

OKie will ring u when feels like coming over :lol: How many BE anthias u got ?

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

OKie will ring u when feels like coming over :lol: How many BE anthias u got ?

3 BE lor .... :)

kk... i will wait for ur call everyday :rolleyes:

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

• SRC Member

hummmmm ......... thinking of adding ur 3 BR anthias in my tank leh, to keep my single BE anthias company :( How abt doing a trade with my partial plate that made u WOW :eyebrow: Anyway, I see that Kenneth is watching ur thread now :fear:

Anyway, I see that Kenneth is watching ur thread now :fear:

Me too... emm... BE... interesting :fear:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

hummm we all late nite owls .... Bro Jervis, u dun sleep at nite ar ? :whistle Or thinking and looking at ur tank at this hour still ? :P

I am chatting with the guys lah... TCC :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Loster !!!!!!!!

i still rememeber ur SPS tank when i was at ur place .

i was like WOWOWOOWO!!!!

well, sometime i can understand why u choose to go FOWLR .

it is so so so so s o much easier.

:) i believe u will go back into SPS when ur time permit again

:lol::lol::lol: you are right... i will still go back to sps. but not at this time. my work is very busy and i am preparing for my big day next yr april. so, so much to do and so little time i have :P and of course all my investment will go for my big day this time :P and me will just keep fishes... especially angels :P one last collection will be the queen :P after that i will just leave it till i can re-start my sps again :lol:

age.png

wat type of bulb did u use?

hi , i am right now using IWASAKI MTD150Aqua2 20,000k lamp. sorta like the colour temperature. still thinking on BLV 14,000k and BLV20,000k to replace it . but was afraid of the 14,000k as i heard there is a manufacturing fault.

just measure 2 main nutrients.

nitrate : 5mg/l

phosphate : undetachable.

a few changes on the way.

1)will be replacing my resun with artica 1/10 powered by aquabee 3000. i was thinking between 2000i or 3000 but jbjlighting email mi and advice that i use a pump which is 500gph to 600gph, that's why i decide on 3000 too

2)just change my water with NSW after some advice from a experience reefer.

measure 3 parameter: nitrate : undetachable , phosphate: undetachable salinity: 1.024. heard the calcium and alkalinity might be low but didnt measure.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

hi , i am right now using IWASAKI MTD150Aqua2 20,000k lamp. sorta like the colour temperature. still thinking on BLV 14,000k and BLV20,000k to replace it . but was afraid of the 14,000k as i heard there is a manufacturing fault.

just measure 2 main nutrients.

nitrate : 5mg/l

phosphate : undetachable.

a few changes on the way.

1)will be replacing my resun with artica 1/10 powered by aquabee 3000. i was thinking between 2000i or 3000 but jbjlighting email mi and advice that i use a pump which is 500gph to 600gph, that's why i decide on 3000 too

2)just change my water with NSW after some advice from a experience reefer.

measure 3 parameter: nitrate : undetachable , phosphate: undetachable salinity: 1.024. heard the calcium and alkalinity might be low but didnt measure.

hmm.... Eheim 1250 or Aquabee 2000 will be more than sufficent to run the chiller.

I ran my previous Arctica 1/5 hp on a Aquabee 2000.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

Jack,

The canister filter will not be sufficient enough, the minimum has to be 240..not to mention the head pressure you will lose after hooking it up to the chiller. The reason we recommend these flow rates are big factor in placing the chiller. Low flow rate can affect the chillers performance. The temperature could fluxuate up and down not knowing when to chiller the chiller. I recommend pumps that run at least 500-600gph to put on this unit. If you have any further questions please email or contact our customer support line and someone will further assist you on this matter.

Thank You for choosing JBJ Aquarium Products

Have a Great Day

Transworld Aquatic Ent.

3730 West Century Blvd Unit#3

Inglewood, CA 90303

Support:310-672-4099

Tech:310-672-4021

Fax: 310-672-7261

support1@jbjlighting.com

Visit us on the web at www.jbjlighting.com

Monday-Friday 9am-5pm

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 8:50 PM

To: support@jbjlighting.com

Subject: Arctica Chiller

Hi jbjlighting,

Recently I have bought a 1/10 hp Artica Chiller and i have a few questions before installing the Chiller.

i wish to power the chiller by eheim 2026 canister which has a flow rate of 900l/hr with Max head at 2metres.However i know that the recommended flow rate is approximately 908litres per hours , will that significantly affect the chiller performance?

Secondly , if it is not recommended, what pump will u recommend to power the chiller. i have a few pump in mind namely aquabee 2000. aquabee2000i, aquabee 3000.

Thank you.

Jack

:):)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wow... another Arctica fan... WELCOME to the club :lol: Aquabee 3000 is good :)

Wow... another Arctica fan... WELCOME to the club :lol: Aquabee 3000 is good :)

:D

thanks bro.

aquabee 3000 is a bit extreme i know. but i guess that pump will not fail mi in anyway. have been a aquabee user for very long le, quiet , reliable and low power comsumption.

anyway anyone know how much wattage a artica comsume. all in watt and ampere, blur :)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

anyway anyone know how much wattage a artica comsume. all in watt and ampere, blur :)

According to sources:

1/10hp : 100W

1/5hp : 150W

1/4hp : 200W

1/3hp : 250W

But this information is not published in JBJ's website... you may wanna email the distributor for final confirmation :)

According to sources:

1/10hp : 100W

1/5hp : 150W

1/4hp : 200W

1/3hp : 250W

But this information is not published in JBJ's website... you may wanna email the distributor for final confirmation :)

that will be really great !

i will email jbjlighting and share with the rest of the reefing community.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

i will email jbjlighting and share with the rest of the reefing community.

Yes please... clear things up once and for all... can help me double check my 1/3hp Arctica? :thanks: