Netting in DSB

Hi everybody,

Maybe due to the fact of carrying 21 bags of sand (#o n1) home and tried washing a few bags --then gave up. Then bring all 21 bags into the tank. Guess what, I forgot to put the netting in the DSB. My DSB now is about 6" thick (high low at different place)

Anyone out there keep gobies n jawfishes etc...do they really dig in deep. Pls advise. What do u suggest??? can I leave it or start think of ways to insert netting. Thanks.

• SRC Member

We couldn't find any netting that was small enough for Grade #0, so we didn't use any. But I thought netting is needed 4 a plenum not a DSB? We wanted 2 do a plenum but since cannot obtain the necessary netting-size we omitted the idea & stuck 2 DSB.

• SRC Member

With a 6" sand bed, the jawfish can easily reach the bottom glass if it wants to.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif