Modifying my Pinky 12GO JBJ Nano Cube

chrisyew

• SRC Member

You could have much success earlier if you post this under a new thread since what you are asking is more of a general new startup instead of directly related to this thread.

Frankly I don't understand you actually have a 2ft tank or 1.5ft tank.

Alamak, seems to be going round without much success.  :cry2: I have started with another 2 ft tank but I just thought I could have done better if I have known certain things before that. I am now going to start another 1.5 ft tank. This time, I am not going to rush since I have one back home to enjoy.

Water change is based on the tank size and how frequent you feed your live stock, and also your water condition. The smaller the tank, the more frequent the water change. If you have a good skimmer, then maybe less frequent.

The types of equipment required like sump, etc.. depends on your type of tank. If you don't show your tank and what you have already done, it's difficult to proceed on. Sometimes you talk about 2ft and then 1.5ft - which is which?

Moreover, each equipment requires has a specific reason - if you alreadi decided not to have them, how to expect others to help you? You should listen first why they are needed and think should you need them for your tank.

OK, maybe this can help would be starter? Generally, most would consider fish and live rock only tank. Understand coral is another level up.

Equipment wise please go for basic and if need to, do advise how much water change per week. If no need to change better lah, Don't recommend sump, CO2, etc hor.

Equipment one reefer used, not necessary going to be applicable to another reefer as well. It all depends on your setup unless both are having the same setup and same budget. Where to source depending on what equipment and brand you want.

If writing is not easy, simply show pictures and tell us where to source that equipment.

The answers to these questions are alreadi being answered before if you do a search or read thru what I've mentioned earlier. If you are going to use $ as a quideline, instead of understanding why certain things need to be done, it's difficult to experience the fun. You are going to experience more setback and spend more $ instead.

Why do all these? People will be encouraged to take up this hobby knowing it can work. Give an estimated budget for a simple tank. I know pro are setting up a nano tank of 1ft with skimmer for $200+ Surely we can do it less than that and experience all the fun that come along?

I'm not discouraging you but pls learn with open mind instead of telling ppl you don't want this and that, and ask for a list of equipments and sources. Finally it's best to start a new thread for yourself. ;)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

I do believe that one of the joys in having a marine tank at home is that you can never find the same thing anywhere else. Every tank is different. You may have similar setup/equipment with other reefers but you achieve different results. IMHO, every tank is "tailormade" to its owner. Everyone has different ways in doing things and setting up and thats what make this hobby kinda unique in its own way.

There is no standard rules that you must follow but more like general guidelines if you wan to have a successful and thriving marine setup. We are all learning as we go along. ;) Just my own opinion.

In addition, just want to :bow::bow::bow: to chrisyew for showing us in detail his DIY tricks. Me very tempted to try a nano to put in room.... :P