Feeding Cynarina

crany

Hi all,

I have 3 cynarina (red) in my tank but have never had the luxury of seeing them growing or opening up very nicely. Its usually a small or medium opening or expansion.

How do you guys take care and feed your cynarina? Is there a special feed? I usually use Marine Snow and Cyclopeeze. What am i missing. Other corals and fishes are doing well.

Please advise. Really want to make my cynarina grow and expand out its lovely red flesh.

Many thanks!

• SRC Member

Hi crany,

i ve' got like 4 cyna's n some of my got quite a number of it also.

maybe u cab try this i'm no expert but it could wrk, its a bit trouble but i guess

it wrks on ours.

buy a market prawn peel of the shell n clean up cut into small pieces n manually

hand feed directly on to its mouth. u will discover with ur own eyes how they will react to it. only once a week apart frm ur plankton.

goodluck.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

But the problem is that when I put the small pieces of market prawn on my cynarina, either the fish or the cleaners and fire shrimps will go about attacking and stealing its food!!!

How did you overcome that?

• SRC Member

depending on the size of the cynarina. Get a container ,maybe those take away bowls. melt some holes into it and place it over the cynarina when you feed it. this will prevent the other l/s from taking the food.. This is also if your cyn is on the sand bed :lol:

• SRC Member
depending on the size of the cynarina. Get a container ,maybe those take away bowls. melt some holes into it and place it over the cynarina when you feed it. this will prevent the other l/s from taking the food.. This is also if your cyn is on the sand bed :lol:

yup, that's the way to do it.

• SRC Member
Hrmz, im too lazy to cover my LPS when i feed them.....any idea if feeding them Mysis is good enough? :unsure:

feeding Mysis is OK but fishes and shrimps will still go for mysis too.

if the mysis land on your LPS, the fishes may nip on it and thus nipping on

your LPS too.