how come my yellow tang is not eating at all?

what to do ?

the area just above the eye have red spots, what is that ?

pls help

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

Sound very serious... when was "day 1"?

Sorry can't help much... check you water parameter, can be the major cause of the stress ur YT is going through.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

i think 1st may

Humble tank :

Equipment :

• SRC Member

my Y.tang too...just bought last week, tried garlic and lettuce, garlic and fish food ,prawn...just not eating.

Calcium and mg are at right level

Nitrate is at 50

pH is at 8.2

Water temperature is 27

No Ich nor anyother thing, just not eating at all.

My B.T. Clarkii clown and False clown are healthy and feeding...coral are all healthy...

Anyone has any suggestion ...Help....pleassssssse! :cry2::cry2::cry2:

• SRC Member

hi guys...

are they pecking on ur LR??? if not is they any algae for them to peck at. make sure that there is ample hiding places for them plus some algae. suprisingly i have read that the dreadful hair algae is one of their favourite foods.

jon

what is henry's food ?

Humble tank :

Equipment :

Henry's food is the food mix by Henry. :lol: The only place you can get it is from MarineLife. check the sponsor section

how much is it ?

Humble tank :

Equipment :

My Y.T. went up lorry today... :cry2: First one died of Ich...now the second one...wah liao hard luck...

Maybe something to do with your avatar... bad omen... :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

try some seaweed either frm the supermarket , lfs , cheato , ulva

sure theres sometink the tang will eat

I saw people feeding them fresh vege too... I'm just afraid of pesticides... wait... there's an organic shop near my office... damn... now my tank goes organic while I eat pesticides like nobody's business :lol:

• SRC Member

Hi guys,

maybe u can try this, as wat my friends n i been doing for all the tangs.

go n get bamboo tt's red in colour n it looks like appettizer for them.

if tt does'nt wrk try to bring down ur nitrate level cause if high not good for a new fish.

goodluck.

• SRC Member

My yellow tang refused to feed for the 1st week when i first got it. Nearly lost it but now its the most agressive fish in my tang, developing a fat fat tummy. :lol: What i do for newly acquired tangs is to buy a bunch of red grape algae/red bamboo algae to entice them to feed. In my experience they prefer the grape kind. You might want to try Henry's food as well. LBS are worth a try, otherwise simply soaking your food in garlic juice before feeding might work too. :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

• SRC Member
Qxnviolet bro, I've seen green grape algae, but not red type...can tell me where to purchase them? :bow::thanks:

Erm, im not sure if they are really called red grape algae. They are exactly the same colour as the red bamboo algae. looks totally different from the green ones. The red "grapes" are pretty small. Will try and find a pic and let you see. Reborn normally have them... :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

Erm, im not sure if they are really called red grape algae. They are exactly the same colour as the red bamboo algae. looks totally different from the green ones. The red "grapes" are pretty small. Will try and find a pic and let you see. Reborn normally have them... :)

Yes bro, would love to see the picture too.

So far, I have tried 5 tangs but all unsuccessful.

RIP.

But I wont give up, it's too beautiful.