True Percula Clown Kept Swimming Against Current.

Hi, I have bought a pair of true percula clown last week and both of them kept swimming against the current and at the top of the water surface. They keep twitching and shaking their heads as if they are trying to shake off something. There is no visible signs of white spots. I had tried using Octozin to treat them for the last couple of days but 1 of them had died this morning. Sigh. I noticed that part of the body of the died clown had a whitish/dustie patch. Do anyone know what kind of diease and treatment to be used? Thanks a lot.

Main Tank: 3 by 2 by 2.5 ft

Sump: 30 by 16 by 16 inch

Return: Sicce 5000

Wavemaker: Vortech Mp40wES

Lighting: 2 X Maxspect Mazzara, 1 ATI True Actinic, 1 ATI BluePlus

Skimmer: Deltec APF 600

CR: Deltec PF 501

Filtration: Carbon FR, Phosphate FR

Chiller: Hailea 300A

• SRC Member

within my limited experience, i say its either marine ich (or ick), marine velvet.

your clownfishes are displaying symptoms of ich, since u pointed out that they're trying to get something off them by twitching, swimming against the current... other symptoms they might display would be that of brushing against liverocks, or sand.

Yes, u might not see any visible "white dots"... because, u can't see them, ich parasites are just too small. by the time u see white spots on the fish body, it means the ich parasites have gone further into another stage of their life-cycle.

May i suggest Hyposalinity treatment.

U should be able to find more information against ich treatment in this thread. Good luck.

dancing_girl2.gifSpirit.gif

Thanks for your suggestion. I have treat it with Octozin for clown disease for 4 days and it doesn't seem to recover. Is the treatment the same for marine lch and marine velvet the same? I suspecting that it might be velvet. Will try to treat it with Myxazin tonite. Hopefully it will recover soon.

Main Tank: 3 by 2 by 2.5 ft

Sump: 30 by 16 by 16 inch

Return: Sicce 5000

Wavemaker: Vortech Mp40wES

Lighting: 2 X Maxspect Mazzara, 1 ATI True Actinic, 1 ATI BluePlus

Skimmer: Deltec APF 600

CR: Deltec PF 501

Filtration: Carbon FR, Phosphate FR

Chiller: Hailea 300A

• SRC Member

if it is velvet, there will be a faint layer of whitish tissue covering the fish's body. it its ich then, white spots. i got no experience with clownfish disease.

i suggest u dun use chemicals to treat the clown. take it out for a 5 mins fresh water dip (or super low SG dip like 0.009), and take notice if anything falls off the clown's body. it should relieve the fish a little. Hyposalinity is the best method.

if you really wanna go the chemical way, use copper with moderation.