Colin's refurbished Partition Tank

colinsoon

• SRC Member

thanks for the recommendation bro jervis. i am aware of that, and is already doing so. i wun have the financial capacity to do anymore adding of corals or LS. so not to worry.

congrats on your smooth running of your perc90.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had It once .. I just fish the fish up and Rip it off its back ... when its attach its keep scratching !

so i remove for it .. but its really attach it self to the fish body use a needle or something to irriate it .

thats wat i did just 2cent :P

It will hurt the fish... If unlucky, the fish will suffer from bacteria infection... Cos some parasitic isopods will have piercing and sharp teeth to allow them to hang onto the fish...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Mine came off by itself or the fish managed to get it off. I only had it for 1/2 day on one of my Tangs and I was unable to fish my Tang out. It was gone in the evening.

Perhaps it went on to another fish or lying dormant ard in your LRs...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

congrats on your smooth running of your perc90.

Yes bro... I am quite glad... guess I am just being lucky... and luck is not something that will be with you/me for all the time... so now I hope the same luck will follow me to the new tank... but it is really hard to say lah...

Wait for my decom Percula 90 lah... I think I will have to sell off/give away some nice LS as they may not be suitable to my Shallow Reef environment ;)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

probably could have been lying dormant in my surrounding LR.

just checked with my mum. fishies still ok. parasites still hanging on. fishes still real greedy. and active too. will do something bout it when i get back home.

• SRC Member
Wait for my decom Percula 90 lah... I think I will have to sell off/give away some nice LS as they may not be suitable to my Shallow Reef environment ;)

no la. with my tank in such a horrible condition, there is like no possibility of me supporting it well, i dun think i can maintain your exquisite LS happily in my tank.

no la. with my tank in such a horrible condition, there is like no possibility of me supporting it well, i dun think i can maintain your exquisite LS happily in my tank.

Haha... you are being way too humble... I'm sure the parasites will go away very soon... anyway... Sixline where got exquisite? :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

oh oh ... i read something about those isopods before... but my memory might serve me wrong ... they feed on the scraps that your fish dont eat .. like for messy eaters.. they pick up the scraps during feeding time .. but thats one kind only .. another ... will tap into the bloodstream of the fish and suck their blood. either way. both kinds are not what u want on your fish . the first kind may not harm your fish ... but grow to become huge unsightly monsters stuck onto the fish. ( i saw a pic of a fish with a breeding pair attached under each eye. like some crazy headphones) oh and the first kind tends to attach to areas like under the eyes, at the gills, forehead, and of course the mouth area. im not sure about the second kind. hope this helps somehow. :erm:

Bro Colinsoon... how's things? I hope that "thing" is gone now... :)

• SRC Member

got back this morning. my clam RIPed. no idea why.

did a 20% water change. bought new rowaphos media which costed me an arm and a leg. it better be working. tested my phos level again. at 1. tested my tap water. its at zero. so i guess the phos level has to come from all the feeding. not the tap...

with regards to the spots, my naso's one is nearly gone. left a tiny dot.

got back this morning. my clam RIPed. no idea why.

with regards to the spots, my naso's one is nearly gone. left a tiny dot.

Great news than... not bad lah for such a long absence... only 1 clam :) At least that beautiful Naso is getting better :)

Let me know how is Rowaphos can? I am thinking of using Rowaphos for my new setup... trying to avoid diatom bloom at all costs :)

gonna do a little review on it. will see how it goes. my most expensive investment by far. other then my lights. of course must do a little review. haha

Yes a review... I will follow it closely... my future depends on you now :lol::lol::lol: Coz after all the bad publicity on this product... we really need to test it out once and for all :)

• SRC Member

just tested my phos level again after 24 hours, it reads at 0.03ppm.

very interestingly, there is diatom bloom again. i wonder if there is seriously a link between high phosphates and diatom bloom, or is my test kit spoilt? i should not think its the latter...

• SRC Member
just tested my phos level again after 24 hours, it reads at 0.03ppm.

very interestingly, there is diatom bloom again. i wonder if there is seriously a link between high phosphates and diatom bloom, or is my test kit spoilt? i should not think its the latter...

Bro there is still diatoms in ur tank cos its a new tank syndrome which happens in tanks that are 1-6 mths old

Especially tanks using normal sand... normal sand contains silicate... a form of fertilizer for algae :o

• SRC Member

i am not using normal sand.

i am not as loaded as most of the reefers here to use argonite and other fancy wancy stuff to use as ground substrate. i am using coral chips. unless the chips are found in the fertiliser tanks in LCK, there is no reason for me to believe that there are silicates in the Grade 1 Coral chips.

Maybe u can test for silicates first?

To be honest... I have not test my Silicate before :lol: Perhaps I should start once my new tank is up and running :nc: