Can a 3 ft 6mm tank be used for marine??

• SRC Member

Hi ppl..i know a 3ft 6mm tank is definitely not sufficient for a marine tank...but i'm just wondering whether is there any ways that i can strengthen it to make it strong enough as a marine tank.. eyeing on my mum's 3x1.5x1.5 tank of her luohan...

• SRC Member

hmmm i don't think u can strengthen it in any way... does euro-bracing help? maybe makes the top stronger but then the base? hmmmm better for u to spend on a proper tank rather then let it crash... :ph34r:

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member
hmmm i don't think u can strengthen it in any way... does euro-bracing help? maybe makes the top stronger but then the base? hmmmm better for u to spend on a proper tank rather then let it crash... :ph34r:

;) Agree. :D N l don't think euro-bracing will do much help.

Bevor Sie das Licht sehen, müssen Sie sterben!

• SRC Member

everything is possible.. for awhile..

u can use a small motorbike and change the sproket(how do you spell that??) to increase it's pick-up speed but in the long run, you'll be damaging the engine.. ;)

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member

u can try it but its scary.... i used to have a 4ftx1.5ftx1.5ft 6mm thk for more than a year.... kinda make me sleepless at times thinkin it just might give up... better invest on something fitted for the job, you'll be saving alot in the long run or u'll see all ur investments down splashing on ur floor dying.....

u can try it but its scary.... i used to have a 4ftx1.5ftx1.5ft 6mm thk for more than a year.... kinda make me sleepless at times thinkin it just might give up... better invest on something fitted for the job, you'll be saving alot in the long run or u'll see all ur investments down splashing on ur floor dying.....

Hmmm...if that happens to me...i'll get a fresh start! :evil:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

I have been using 2ft 6mm for abt a yr then change to 3ft 6mm w abt 30kg of LRs for abt 2 yrs and its has serve me well. Now waiting to change to a 5ft when i move hse nxt yr but definitely not gonna be 6mm for a 5ft :P .

Its all really up to individual's luck. I have even seen a 4ft 10mm glass leak...tat fella got hm to find his floor all wet and yet the tank still looks ok until he start tracing for the fault. The tank maker plays a impt role, make sure the tank u get are properly balance (not tilted) so that the weight of the water will be evenly distributed thru out the tank base and not one side heavier than the other. it must b silicon properly with bracing. And finally, u as the user be really careful when shifting ur LRs ard and make sure no kids go banging on ur tank. Finally, make sure the tank is resting on a piece styrofoam follow by a full base support (piece of 3x1.5ft wood) than on the stand :)

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

Haha...so fuel..u r using running a 4ft tank at 6mm only ah??..how much will a custom made 3ft tank cost??

brand new 3Feet-18B-20H .. 10mm glass all round + overflow devider + holes for under sump pipe . $150 at kelantan lane . delivery add $20

Stairway to Heaven