AQUATRONICA Aquarium Controller

jervismun

• SRC Member
Anyone using 2 Power Units? Thinking of getting another Power Unit for my new tank... any conflict whatsoever?

Dun think there will be any conflict! ;) Wait till I got my 2nd power unit, will let u kw!!! :lol:

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dun think there will be any conflict! ;) Wait till I got my 2nd power unit, will let u kw!!! :lol:

Thanks bro... not that I expect conflict... just want to make sure they all work seamlessly :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Hi All Aquatronica Guru,

Before calibration my sg read 1.012. After Calibration it reads 1.175. After 20lt of water change it read 1.125.

The hydro meter read 1.025 but when I test it with NSW it shows 1.015

Is there anything wrong?

Thanks

My Reefing Mission:-

To manage the waters and lights with efficient resources, disciplined husbandry and prograsive knowledge.

Hi All Aquatronica Guru,

Before calibration my sg read 1.012. After Calibration it reads 1.175. After 20lt of water change it read 1.125.

The hydro meter read 1.025 but when I test it with NSW it shows 1.015

Is there anything wrong?

Thanks

Hi Minireef

Is your electrode submerged into the water more than 75%? This particular probe has some holes on the rod itself and those holes must be filled with water. Also, Density probe is rather sensitive and it usually take a while for the readings to stabilize (quite different from pH electrodes). So do let it settle and most of the time the reading will get adjusted steadily... some reefers will only take reading after 15 mins.

Hope this helps :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• 3 weeks later...

Tiny updatez for Aquatronica. The Aquatronica Redox (ORP) Calibration Solution finally arrived 1 week ago. Took this opportunity to wash/clean the ORP electrode at the same time.

Be mindful that the probe tip is very fragile (just a tiny metal pin), so be very careful when cleaning it especially if you are using cloth to wipe it dry.

Note: AM retail price $25 a bottle (please don't PM me for price, thanks).

post-14-1155959743.jpg

The solution looks like Black Coffee actually :sick: Did a calibration using my PC... the ORP electrode does require calibration indeed... my reading shows 272mV on a 240mV solution (before calibration). Just by a click of a mouse button, it's done. Hovering between 238mV to 242mV for a couple of minutes while the electrode is still inside the bottle.

post-14-1155959990.jpg

• 1 month later...

The large screen in action... made possible by video :lol:

th_MOV07730.jpg

Moved my entire Aquatronica set to my new office setup today... much easier than expected... took me 1 hour to dismantle (and clean)... 1 hour to put up :)

101901.jpg

The mounting of the Power Unit is pretty easy with the supplied aluminium bracket...

th_MOV07820.jpg

sweet. I haved the plan to sell my IKS and shange to AquaTronica but now when im thinking the IKS works and have to save some money...

I haved seen a Aquatronica in a lokal petstore but i think its plastic in there design, how do you think about this

Was it difficult to calibrate the Ph, redox or Salt probe?

:thanks:

sweet. I haved the plan to sell my IKS and shange to AquaTronica but now when im thinking the IKS works and have to save some money...

I haved seen a Aquatronica in a lokal petstore but i think its plastic in there design, how do you think about this

just get it from AM with wonderful support of this product and there is a lot more things coming for Aquatronica with a dimming , ethernet and dosing pump module coming in the near future and they are doing research on measuring calcium and magnesium in the pipe line

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

Hi Wrang

Nice of you to drop by... well if you already have a running IKS... there's really no reason for you to upgrade as they are pretty similar in functionality at the moment.

Yes, Aquatronica is mainly plastic... considering plastic being the most appropriate material to be used in a saltwater setup environment... I shouldn't complain too much on that. But it doesn't feel inferior, that I can assure you.

How's the price difference between IKS and Aquatronica in Sweden? Over here... the difference is quite significant.

The calibration of the probes are pretty easy... if I can handle it... a lot of reefers will find it easy to handle too :lol:

• 2 months later...

Latest update from Aquatronica... I wonder why they never sponsor SRC :cry2:

http://www.aquatronica.com/news-1/forum-aquatronica