Where to get Drop-in Chiller

lancez

Hello.

Does anyone of you know where to get a drop-in chiller in Singapore?

Any LFS carries drop-in chiller?

Did a search on internet and found that there's a brand called Aqua Logic that produce cyclone drop-in chiller. Is that available locally ?

Btw, is there any cons to using drop in chiller? I intend to put that in my sump and do not wish to have additional pipings. Juz build a 4 ft+ marine tank in my new house which I'm moving in next month :)

thanks in advance !!

• SRC Member

huh? Drop-in? .. sounds like the iceprobe but iceprobe only can support nanos.. for a tank that big you will need a normal chiller.

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member

I think you are refering to those titanium coil which can be place in the sump and it's connect to the condenser instead of running water from the pump to the chiller!

There's a few reefer who do that n u may wanna do a search under "Members Showcase"!

• SRC Member
Hello.

Does anyone of you know where to get a drop-in chiller in Singapore?

Any LFS carries drop-in chiller?

Did a search on internet and found that there's a brand called Aqua Logic that produce cyclone drop-in chiller. Is that available locally ?

Btw, is there any cons to using drop in chiller? I intend to put that in my sump and do not wish to have additional pipings. Juz build a 4 ft+ marine tank in my new house which I'm moving in next month :)

thanks in advance !!

Contact Mr Tan of System Control at Bendeemer Road as they're selling what you're looking for.

aquatronica7na.gif

People Will Forget What You Said.

People Will Forget What You Did.

But People Will Never Forget,

How You Make Them Feel.

• SRC Member

yeap, got mine form them....quite happy with it....but do look for the review in other forum, there are things to look out for and i susgest to plan probably .....sorry - don't think the mod here like people to point link to other forum, so can't paste it here.....:P

Thanks very much for the info !!!

You guys happen to have the exact address for that shop? btw, is it an aquarium shop or an air-con shop ? :)

I've just top up salt water and started circulating the tank ( tank idling for more than a year since constructed ). I'm sad to find out that the temperature hit almost 32"c on hot days.

I'm a newbie and hope I can get sound advice from the more experience reefers here :)

Kinda regret my decision not to include a chiller during the design phase ( budget constraint ).

Maybe an image will help you guys get a better picture of my tank setup. Is using a drop-in chiller more suitable than using those more common inline chiller ?

tineng > if u dun mind, can email me the links and how much you paid for the chiller? My email add is lancez@gmail.com. thanks :)

post-17-1149601791.jpg

here's another pic of the final setup.

Hope to find a chiller compact enough to fit under the bench.

Any good suggestions ? Constraint is that my wife will not be too happy with a chiller that pops out of nowhere. Dun think got enough space to put in the cabinet liao.

post-17-1149602079.jpg

• SRC Member

lancez....Nice tank... great setup coming soon :eyebrow:

yeap, got mine form them....quite happy with it....but do look for the review in other forum, there are things to look out for and i susgest to plan probably

Bro tineng, can pm me the price also and things to take note :thanks:

• SRC Member
Thanks very much for the info !!!

You guys happen to have the exact address for that shop? btw, is it an aquarium shop or an air-con shop ? :)

I've just top up salt water and started circulating the tank ( tank idling for more than a year since constructed ). I'm sad to find out that the temperature hit almost 32"c on hot days.

I'm a newbie and hope I can get sound advice from the more experience reefers here :)

Kinda regret my decision not to include a chiller during the design phase ( budget constraint ).

Maybe an image will help you guys get a better picture of my tank setup. Is using a drop-in chiller more suitable than using those more common inline chiller ?

tineng > if u dun mind, can email me the links and how much you paid for the chiller? My email add is lancez@gmail.com. thanks :)

Ask Henry from Marinelife . He has the contacts for the chiller. :P

• SRC Member
here's another pic of the final setup.

Hope to find a chiller compact enough to fit under the bench.

Any good suggestions ? Constraint is that my wife will not be too happy with a chiller that pops out of nowhere. Dun think got enough space to put in the cabinet liao.

PM info.

The cylcon chiller has quite a small profile as its coil is external. It might just be able to fit under the bench.

from the look of your set up, i think you might run into a little problem. you will need to find a way to drop the coil into the sump tank. If i remember correctly, the coil diameter is > 3 inch...for me, had to get help from bros to lift the unit about shoulder level so i can drop the coil from the top of my tank and slight it towards the back - you set up might require make a hole somewhere in your cabinate....

I brought at a price close to the aritca of equvilant power....:P

• SRC Member

Tineng bro, care to share how much elec bills a month?

would appreciate if you can include like temp u keep tank at, lights config and photoperiod?

Many thanks in advance! :D

post-304-1148825424.gifmadboy.gifmadboy.gifmadboy.gif

That just because someone doesn’t love you the way you want them to,

doesn’t mean they don’t love you with all they have.

• SRC Member

no idea. never tried measuring the electrical bill cause by my fish tank as it has SERIOUS implication from my wife....:D :D....but household around $280+....but with 2 air-con turn on every night its quite hard to gauge....:P....

perosnally kind of pointless to track the chiller on/off timing as there are lots of factors to consisder...with the ventilation at your fish corner playing and important, but almost hard to quantify part of the equation....but if any reference, according to specs, the 1/3 HP one is 4050 BTU vs Artica at 4000 BTU....consisdering that the drop in does not need and extra pump...thats savings already....;)

Mr Tan from system control did swear that his tests shows noticable effiency when comparing Cyclone and Daeil....;), but then you will have to check with him for the figures....

Great. ... so u're using the 1/3hp cyclone drop-in :)

Too bad the length of the trunking of the coil is only 5 feet. If it's slightly longer, I have a crazy idea, that's to put the compressor unit beside my flat's main entrance ! Will then drill a little hole so that the coil and trunking can go thru the main door, under the bench, right into the sump!!

Will it be possible to increase the length of the trunking ? haha

How big is your tank tineng ? u think the 1/3 hp cyclone be able to cool down my tank which is ~ 53" x 20" x 30" ?

If possible, are u able to attach a pic of the coil in your sump for us to visualize? Thanks !!!

• 7 years later...
  • SRC Member

Can share the contact for custom drop in coil conpressor setup?

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

• SRC Member

Whoa nice tank! :D

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html