FISHES & CORALS

Everything will DIE!!!!

no... not really. But you should have researched before buying livestock.

By the time you find out, damage may have already been done. It's far easier to make the right selection than trying to undo damages or unneccesary deaths/killing and save you time trying to catch the fish out, save you money from wasted livestock and maybe even save you from danger if you purchase a venemous creature.

• SRC Member
AT,waht do u mean by everything will die?all the corals?

No lah...I think...he's just upset that people buy fish without researching and learning more about it first. And the potential damage and whatever chain reaction it may cause...

Am I right? 'Studied' the 'intonation' and phrases used... :P

angel likes to peck n eat corals..

n angels also fight against each other..

some sort like tang..

I was told by Jewel his angels only make love n not fight..

(I got two from him)

eh.. I listen to him, n ignore book advice.

I added one nice bright yellow one, it was chased around.

Locked up the naughty ebil angel..

TriggerQueen once had a flame and a lemon peel.... but we had the bad pair..they didn't click well...so poor flame kana bullied..... :( ..and rest is history....flamy...rest in piece..... :cry:

Angels are not easy to keep together (of course that does not say for all angels)

and IMexp...they like to peck at corals...lemon peels I have come across are gansters and robbers in a reef tank... :pirate: They are greedy and EATS corals..loves brains and pratas...may find clams tasty as well.... :angry:

I think AT is right.....must read up a bit...thats why I always have my pocket guide to aquarium fish(marine) in my car, I will always check out first...OK ...I'll buy...not sure...I'll go home and check further via net ....

(hope the sharing of exp didn't bore you :) )

• SRC Member

I think AT is right.....must read up a bit...thats why I always have my pocket guide to aquarium fish(marine) in my car, I will always check out first...OK ...I'll buy...not sure...I'll go home and check further via net ....

hehe.. sometimes some ppl do the extraordinary..

could be the environment plays a part.

read b4 that ppl having the same fishes living oki, but shifted to new place, fight like going for WWF title..

got one reefer also keep a few variety of tangs in a tank,

so far so good..

it depends lohz.. (slight chance extra-ordinary happens)

of course usually the norm happens..

Realised I should have added a :)

It was meant as a light-hearted answer with serious undertones!

Keeping marine is not just pick nice colours to match with my other fishtank inhabitants. It's an ecosystem and a lot of people fail to realise that there is a lot of interaction between species... most of them as PREDATOR vs PREY vs POTENTIAL COMPETITION.

It's quite a brutal life under the sea... literally dog eat dog world... the scene in Finding Nemo where a barracuda wiped out Nemo's mum and his unhatched siblings may have traumatised a lot of kids but it's a fact that life is always dangerous in the real world.... since we have the chance to look after our marine pets... let's give them a nicer world to live in as we appreciate their beauty.

My 2 cents,

AT

• SRC Member

I agree with AT.

The ocean is a very wild and brutal place, almost like the strong shall live and the weak shall die.

Always good to do research beforehand. Water parameters aren't always the thing in marine fishkeeping. Tank inhabitants matter alot as well. Like groupers should never be placed with any fish that can fit in their mouth. Once the fish can fit into their mouth, their potential prey for the grouper.

• SRC Member
TriggerQueen once had a flame and a lemon peel.... but they didn't click well...so poor flame kana bullied..... :( ..and rest is history....flamy...rest in piece..... :cry:

i really wanted 2 dwarf angels in my fowlr tank... that's why i waited and bought and added them in at the same time.. they were ok initially until the lemon peel grew slightly bigger than the flame and started bullying it.. :(:(

angels are generally not safe for a reef tank..

• SRC Member
TriggerQueen once had a flame and a lemon peel.... but we had the bad pair..they didn't click well...so poor flame kana bullied..... :( ..and rest is history....flamy...rest in piece..... :cry:

Angels are not easy to keep together (of course that does not say for all angels)

and IMexp...they like to peck at corals...lemon peels I have come across are gansters and robbers in a reef tank... :pirate: They are greedy and EATS corals..loves brains and pratas...may find clams tasty as well.... :angry:

I remembered when i was young, my dad used to keep various kind of angels. He once punished an angel for biteing another angel. He caught the aggressor and threw it on the floor.

Next moment, when it goes back into the tank. it became a ###### cat from then on. Live happily ever after. I got the impression that my dad is the judge of his tank......... :lol: