New Public Marine Tank at Hougang Mall

cdckjn

Haha... kinda expected... but didn't expect it to fall apart so soon... :o

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

its definitely an unhealthy tank. been there and saw them myself last thursday.

corals are not doing well, fishes are like 70% healthy. lots of clown fish swimming to the surface of water. lack of hiding places, etc.

anyone wanna write in to complain? its like so cruel la.

clear water does not mean healthy water.

Nah... no use. The fact is, the mall rented out the space to the advertising/media company. The mall will have limited say over it... and furthermore don't expect customer service to offer much enthusiam... this is beyond their scope of work.

I remember about 5 years ago... I saw a dying Black-tip Shark at Wisma Atria, I was so concerned, I went to the Customer Service and reported to them... and I get that "that's none of our business" response from them ;)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Nah... no use. The fact is, the mall rented out the space to the advertising/media company. The mall will have limited say over it... and furthermore don't expect customer service to offer much enthusiam... this is beyond their scope of work.

I remember about 5 years ago... I saw a dying Black-tip Shark at Wisma Atria, I was so concerned, I went to the Customer Service and reported to them... and I get that "that's none of our business" response from them ;)

Manz... That does it then..

I guess no hope... :nc:

NO HOPE... there is one though... for the media company to bloody demolish the tank and find another way to advertise... fishes and plasma screens ain't mix well :lol:

NO HOPE... there is one though... for the media company to bloody demolish the tank and find another way to advertise... fishes and plasma screens ain't mix well :lol:

Hahaha.. That sure 1 good idea to tell the advertiser to demolish the Tank soon..

:lol:

Hahaha.. That sure 1 good idea to tell the advertiser to demolish the Tank soon..

:lol:

I know it sounds harsh... and it will only mean that the public will have one tank lesser to enjoy... but in its state right now... I think it's better for the public not to see it.

Furthermore, for a tank that size... it will take a lot of fishes to replenish every 2 weeks ;)

• SRC Member

The latest,

all the clownfishes dying - sick? I saw several already died. The damsels are still ok, also they have a school of yellow/black stripy fishes (sorry don't know the names) the sponges are all dying, the rest of the other fishes seems still ok. I guess the best decision is to have a large "damsel" tank as the damsel can take the stress and to let the tank mature over time.

yup a damsel tank sounds nice , a skool of damsels or chromis

but then who are we to dertermine what goes into the tank ?

juz sit back and relax , enjoy wads in the tank

not appleasing to the eyes , look ard for eye candy lor

• SRC Member

as I stay near Hougang Mall, and my baby boy needs an evening walk, therefore most of the time, always end up there and he enjoys looking at a "bigger" tank instead of just my 2ft at home.

It is so disappointing that even the orange and blue sponges are dying. I hope that the management will get so tired of the whole thing and just put "fresh water fishes". I just "hate" to see just a "big and beautiful" tank go to waste.

By the way, I hope this does not get any company in trouble. But there is an indiction of which company "proudly" made this tank which is C* aqaurium. The label is at the lower right corner. I guess that they also have a contract to maintain this tank. Could we write to the company - as a form of petition - I just hate to see such a display of "ill-treated, dying fishes".

My 2-cents worth

Actually I think the tank is still cycling... as this is a display tank and the advertisers already paid their money to get their ads on those LCD TVs, the C* Aquarium/ad media company have no choice but to add in fishes even the tank is not properly cycled. They can't just cover up the tank and let it cycle for a month as I suspect the rental for that space is very high.

If this is the case... SHAME ON C*AQUARIUM... putting in all those nice fishes just to waste during the cycle... they should've known better... CRUEL and SENSELESS :evil::evil::evil:

Any updates? Did they already replenish the entire tank with 20 Angels, 20 Tangs and 60 Chromis? Haiz... :o

• SRC Member

You are right about the cycling. they stopped putting the nicer fishes already. They just have a clown and lots of damsels. I guess they are waiting for the tank to cycle. The sponges (blue and orange) are almost dead by now. There seems to be an antapsia invasion waiting to happen and I have seen several popping up everywhere on the LR now. <_<

I thought that they would have cycled the tank at least before they opened it for public view. As the 1st few weeks, I have seen a lot of dead fishes and fishes eating the dead fishes - scared a few children. :cry:

I hope that the tank would be cycled and then they can add the nicer larger fishes into the tank. :P

This is what you call "disrespect" to nature... of all people they should know better... Oh another thing... they may even charge the Media Company for replenishing fishes hor... all in all... very bad practice and I hate to see another tank like this appear in local shopping malls... I shall boycott it by not looking at it :lol::lol::lol:

• 1 month later...

No worries... these guys have budget to replenish the entire tank every 2 months... the time will come... suddenly it is all alive again... it's sad... but it will happen :(

yupe... it will go on and on... until they CARE enough to find out the coz of death :(