Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bro, your MCE600, can I know what position of your lever you have on the air intake? :)

Air intake is full force... I may limit the air a bit later as the collection cup is way too small ;)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Bro u can try wat this guy did to prevent micro bubbles from the outlet

Thanks bro... I believe once I fill the Media Chamber with some form of media (and stocking)... the micro bubbles will not be noticable anymore :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

With full air intake... the collection cup is 1/3 full within a period of 21 hours :unsure: I will be trying out dryer skimming soon :nc:

post-34-1153741871.jpg

The result... well I shouldn't say too much... all I can say is...

I have 2 protein skimmers:

1) AquaMedic Turboflutor Percula w/ AquaMedic PH2500

2) Deltec MCE600 w/ Aquabee 2000

Both collection cups were emptied 11pm last night :o

One of the 2 skimmers will be retired very very soon :unsure:

post-34-1153742019.jpg

The result... well I shouldn't say too much... all I can say is...

I have 2 protein skimmers:

1) AquaMedic Turboflutor Percula w/ AquaMedic PH2500

2) Deltec MCE600 w/ Aquabee 2000

Both collection cups were emptied 11pm last night :o

One of the 2 skimmers will be retired very very soon :unsure:

that is quite a huge difference.

at least u have a great skimmer now :)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

I'm doing another experiment now... feeding using Henry's Mix now... will post another skimmate comparison later :lol:

Bro get a drier skimate...and yes when u place the "sock of media" I am pretty sure the micro bubble barely visible...

Bro why place the outlet to the main tank? Place them in one of the ios chamber (so you hang the skimmer behind the tank , behind the chamber.... Emmm the extended tubing I give you I believe is long enuf to the main tank!

YES This skimmer rocks!>>>..

Glad you like them

...emmm on 2nd thought Can I take back.. ;)

Bro get a drier skimate...and yes when u place the "sock of media" I am pretty sure the micro bubble barely visible...

Bro why place the outlet to the main tank? Place them in one of the ios chamber (so you hang the skimmer behind the tank , behind the chamber.... Emmm the extended tubing I give you I believe is long enuf to the main tank!

YES This skimmer rocks!>>>..

Glad you like them

...emmm on 2nd thought Can I take back.. ;)

No way bro... you can't take it back :lol::lol::lol:

My tank is placed quite close to the wall (back) so no way I can placed it behind the tank... however if I am to retire one of the 2 skimmers... then things will be solved when it comes to placement :lol:

• SRC Member

Air intake is full force... I may limit the air a bit later as the collection cup is way too small ;)

bro, believe it anot, u are not operating the needlewheel skimmer at 100% efficicency if u open fully the air hole.

bro, believe it anot, u are not operating the needlewheel skimmer at 100% efficicency if u open fully the air hole.

Ok... I am still experimenting with the MCE600... will try to limit the air intake to 75% and see if the skimmate is any better... will do it tonight :lol:

that's interesting. what is the rationale behind this logic?

:)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

i do agreed with that statement..

if u open your airhole to 100%.... the NW skimmer potential may not be maximise..

based on my experience on HnS

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

Hi Jervis:

Thank you for willing to do this review.

Indeed, everyone who read this thread benefited and definately help them to decide firmly what skimmers to upgrade in future.

Looking forward for the "dryer" redwine ;-)

Hehe... this is not an official review... but I am really amazed by the result...

Air intake going 75%... was at 50% for 30 min but the skimmate is way too dry... let's see what is the result after a couple of hours :lol:

Mediabox filled with my old stocking of Aquapharm SORB-4 :lol: Will change it to Rowaphos soon... there's still room for another stocking of activated carbon also (within the MCE600 chamber)... maybe I can retire my Phosban Reactor 150 :)

post-34-1153752285.jpg

Emm... the Mediabox not for putting stocking filled media... clogged :angry: Tried removing 50% of the media inside the stocking... still clogged :angry: Will try to find a way to make good use of the left chamber :unsure:

Feeding day for my LPS :lol::lol::lol:

Notice the big fat tummy of my Blue Tang? :lol:

post-34-1153756657.jpg

Orange Plate gets 1 shrimp :lol:

Notice the ever hungry mouth of my Yellow Tang? :lol:

post-34-1153756767.jpg

Guys... I am retiring one of my skimmers <_< No skimmate... waste electricity :o

I know it sounds crazy... but the difference is really so obvious :shock:

Decided to give "the other skimmer" another chance... will let them both run for another 24 hours... if still no fruitful result... will officially retire it or use it for my up and coming project :)

Here's the slightly dryer skimmate :sick:

post-34-1153764631.jpg

• SRC Member
Guys... I am retiring one of my skimmers <_< No skimmate... waste electricity :o

I know it sounds crazy... but the difference is really so obvious :shock:

slowly la bro. i know we are comparing different levels of skimmers here, but it took my AS250 nearly 2 weeks to break in. din have any skimmate at all, till after it broke in. din regret a single bit waiting for it to break in. skims like mad now.