MWTS: Full nanoreef setup

Drake

• SRC Member

Hi Folks,

Have a nanocube reef setup for about 2 mths now, problem is it's taking away too much time from my other hobbies and life in general. Thinking of letting the whole thing go if it doesn't cause too much (financial) loss...

Good thing is the nanocube has been heavily modified for reef setup and yet does not look messy in anyway, most modifications are either hidden or at the back of tank. Yes, the stock nanocube CANNOT sustain a reef and getting all the modifications up (hunting for parts) can be a pain... but now, everything is ready to go!

So if you have been thinking of a nano-reef and find modding it a hassle, come and take a look!

Base tank:

Original JBJ Nanocube 12G Deluxe (48W 50/50 PL/Actinic with LED moonlights)

Additional parts:

Additional JBJ powerhead (~1000L/h)

Hydor bioflo wavemaker

Resun CL280 chiller

Phosphate media

Nitrate media

Life rubble media

Refugium lights

Chaeto refugium

All hoses & pipings

Modifications:

Refugium with Chaeto setup in middle sump, with independent lighting

Life rubble (self made!) filtrate media

Connections to/from chiller (yes, I managed to connect the nanocube with external chiller even with the lid closed!)

2nd powerhead in the 3rd sump to pump to chiller

Stock pump in 3rd sump to power Hydor wavemaker

Lifestock included:

-Yumas, lotsa yumas, around 20 heads of all sizes (didn't really count them) green, orange, pink centre w white skirting, pink centre with greenish skirting, very small heads of flourescent green ones start to spout too..

-Zoos, size of open palm, light blue centre with green / brown skirting

-Galaxea, size of big fist, green centre, brown / green tentacles

-1 six-line wrasse

-1 fire goby

-1 madarin

-1 very red reef hermit

-1 astrea snail

-2 nassarius snails

-LR ~12 pounds

-LS ~1.5 inches deep

Water conditions:

pH: 8.2

NH3: 0 ppm

NO2: < 0.3 ppm

NO3: 2.5 ppm

I will throw in all the standard stuff:

Frozen brine shrimps

Phytoplanktons

Left over marine salt and additive

Test kits: pH, NH3, NO2, NO3

Thermometer

Auto timer

Tubings / hoses

Pails

Rubber gloves

Hygrometer

Anything else I have forgottened to mention here...

This is a all or nothing sale, either I sell the whole set as one, or I will keep it with me.

All in all, I have spent $800+++ for the setup. I will part with it for $550.

Pls contact me @ 96200660 if you are interested, thanks.).

• SRC Member

Note that the < 0.3ppm NO2 and 2.5ppm NO3 are the lowest readings on my test kits... so it may very well be 0 ppm NO2 and NO3...

Feel free to contact me if you need to discuss anything, (e.g. price, transport, etc...)

• SRC Member

Hi folks, some of the bigger heads of yumas have been sold... still have 10+ heads with a few big ones...

as such, I am lowering the price of the set to $500!

I have also gotten many enquiries for sale of separate items... I will sell them separately as soon as there is a reasonable offer for the tank itself.

• SRC Member

for folks enquiring on livestock, these are the probable prices AFTER I confirm sale of tank... Note however, that buyer of tank will get priority.

-Yumas, lotsa yumas, around 10+ heads of all sizes (didn't really count them) green, orange, pink centre w white skirting, pink centre with greenish skirting, very small heads of flourescent green ones start to spout too..

($40)

-Zoos, size of open palm, light blue centre with green / brown skirting

($10)

-Galaxea, size of big fist, green centre, brown / green tentacles

($30)

-1 six-line wrasse ($5)

-1 fire goby ($6)

-1 madarin ($10)

-1 (?) clown (black body w yelow face / fins) ($8)

-1 very red reef hermit ($8)

-1 electric blue hermit ($4)

-1 astrea snail ($2)

-2 nassarius snails ($6)

Very healthy fishes there... UPZ for you bro!!!

Mine showing us a pix of your hood, inside your hood, back of tank and the IOS. Thanks!

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Hi folks...

Already many, many enquiries for the lifestock and accessories... thanks, folks. Will get back to you guys as soon as I get an offer for the tank.

Problem is still no offer for the tank itself... will try to post some pics soon, but certain areas hard to take pictures, I'll see what I can do...

Thanks bro... this will help give the potential buyers a better understanding of your wonderful mods :P

Such a waste you have to give up on the hobby... you tank looks so so promising :rolleyes: Perhaps the next time you hand gets itchy, try a 3ft tank. With more water volume and proper equipments (and properly stocked) you don't really have to change water so often... hope to see you back soon :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Thanks bro... this will help give the potential buyers a better understanding of your wonderful mods :P

Such a waste you have to give up on the hobby... you tank looks so so promising :rolleyes: Perhaps the next time you hand gets itchy, try a 3ft tank. With more water volume and proper equipments (and properly stocked) you don't really have to change water so often... hope to see you back soon :)

Thanks for the encouragement...

Heheh, actually I must admit that maintaining the tank is not that hard, since it's quite small...

Problem is, most of my time I spend going to LFS to hunt for stuff and rearranging my corals/rocks (paiseh, I'm sort of a perfectionist...), and these thing really kills my weekends.

And that is taking away too much time from my 1st love, which is photography...

a bit OT but some picsto share...

BTW, it's really hard to take pics through a nanocube because of the curved glass...

• SRC Member

Resun CL-280

resun_cl280.jpg

Hydor Bioflo wavemaker attached to outflow

wavemkr.jpg

External refugium light

refug_lgt.jpg

middle & 3rd sump

sump.jpg

- middle sump is modded into refugium with its own external light

- refugium full of chaeto (very effective as NO3 has never gone > 5 pmm after I set it up

- hood modded above 3rd sump for outflow + return to chiller, hood can still close FULLY!

- 3rd sump holds 2 fully immersed powerheads

- can partially see wavemaker @ bottom right corner

• SRC Member

To all the bro who are interested in all the lifestock and accessories, my deepest apologies as rof right now I am unable to find a buyer for my tank...

Pls go ahead and make other purchases first, I am not sure at how long this will drag on...

I will everyone once I can find a buyer, else I will not hold you obligated to buy...

Again, very sorry!

P.S. The whole setup is still for sale at $500 if anyone wants to cash & carry!!!

Recently added starpolyps, and some misc stuff.. :paiseh: