Caribsea AragaMILK

Altantis

• SRC Member

today readings after Water change with Marine Environment...

its no3 =0

no2 =0

kh = 6.2KH.....(going up slowly after adding salifret KH+PH buffer)

amonia = 0

po4 = 0.03 (going down more as i just change my ROWA)

MG 1500ppm

Ph = 8.06

using Salifret KH & PH buffer to increase kh and ph from low lv

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe... allow me 2 more days to monitor the progress...

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Hey peeps,

I just got this product from a friend for free and was browsing through the internet to see if its any good, however i read from reefcentral that this product is worthless, the person didnt say why though which is why i am quite hesistant to use it. Maybe he thinks that its useless because in a long run it is actually most cost-effective to use a CR.

Any comments on this?

I dose 2 drops per US Gal... but I don't really keep count lah... just squeeze and squeeze the bottle... according to the label... "this is a natural product, so there's no danger if overdosed" :D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

I am still unsure about this product... they do claim to have everything... have to further test it out... but one thing for sure... if you own a small tank/nano tank... this product is good enough... keeping things really really simple :lol:

• SRC Member
Can anyone verify this cause the content may harden after sometime :pinch:

Or any one using this in CR <_<

How did you keep the content liquid... :paiseh: (sorry, if I ask the wrong question as I have not get my hand on Caribsea AragaMIGHT yet ;) )

So far did not encounter content hardening before ;)

Don't think it is used in CR.

It is mixed with top up water, but you only draw water on the top. Similar to dosing kalk. :lol:

It is mixed with top up water, but you only draw water on the top. Similar to dosing kalk. :lol:

Wow... so we need 2 Kalkreactors then... ;)

• SRC Member

So far did not encounter content hardening before ;)

Don't think it is used in CR.

I bought the Aragamilk recently and when I pour the content out on a small container, I find that the white powder will settle down leaving a clear liquid on top which I suspect is water. So base on this, I think if you are using the Aragamight, you shouldn't be using the clear portion of the liquid, but it should be the cloudly portion that you need to pour it into the tank, I might be wrong, but this is what I think, else when you pour the Aragamilk, it shouldn't be the cloudly portion that you pour in, hope this help, thanks.

Just to add on... this product is very suitable for new reefers with smaller tank setups as it delivers the 3 main ions (Magnesium, Calcium and Carbonate aka Alk) in a balanced formulation.

After reefing for 6 months... I am still strugling to strike a balance between the 3 ;) Will try to capture the true concept behind within the coming months... hopefully do not have to rely on this product indefinitely as it simply stops us from learning... coz it is so conveniently bottled... why go through the painstaking process of learning all the chemistry behind? :P

And it can be both expensive to dose and time consuming (daily).

• SRC Member

It seem that the AragaMILK is a great product... getting tempted to get... hopefully more reviews will come in soon.. :D so that i k make a decision as its not only the cost but the quality and how safe it is to add to the tank, that i am concern of.

• SRC Member

I bought the Aragamilk recently and when I pour the content out on a small container, I find that the white powder will settle down leaving a clear liquid on top which I suspect is water. So base on this, I think if you are using the Aragamight, you shouldn't be using the clear portion of the liquid, but it should be the cloudly portion that you need to pour it into the tank, I might be wrong, but this is what I think, else when you pour the Aragamilk, it shouldn't be the cloudly portion that you pour in, hope this help, thanks.

Yup.. you're right, similar to what is stated on the label :lol:

"Shake or stir, then let settle for 10-20 mins. Simply decant the clear water for top off water....."

• Moderators

Hi Bros, just to add my experience with this product but not trying to boast. Sorry, this could be a little long winded. Pls read only if you are ok with it.

I have been using AragaMilk about 2 years+ ago before it is available in Singapore and now using the purple-up. I first chance upon this product in 1 of the shop at Bangkok weekend market. In fact the price there is cheaper than here even now.

Being a lazy person, i decided to use this product as the description on the label make the product sound like a good all-in-one. True enough when I used the product on my old 6 ft tank. Coraline algae started to bloom within 2 months of continous dosing. there is no clear dosing instruction on the label then, so the method I used is to drip slowly into main tank until it is a bit hazy. I have since stopped using other prodcut except Kent Superbuffer dKH to further boost the KH as I have a lot of corals in the tank then.

In Apr, I decomm my old tank due to moving house and now using purple-up in my new tank. The result is not as fast as the old tank which I think is due to the maturity cycle. Take note my old tank was already running for 3 years+ when I started using AragaMilk. But I'm starting to see some coraline growth now. My PH has been stable in the region of 8.05 to 8.10. I know it is a bit low but my experience over the last few years does tell me it is ok as long as the corals continue to open up. My old tank has PH reading of about 8.10 to 8.15 for the last 4 over years before i decomm it. Only problem I had is the nitrate level as I keep a lot of fishes and feed them heavily. So I was never successful with SPS even now.

Thanks for reading.

Tom

PURPLE CABBAGE?!?

Oh I love it!!! I'm dosing both Aragamilk and PurpleUp on alternate days :lol::lol::lol:

post-14-1152944999.jpg

Jervis, do look out on your tunze. Open the cover at least every 2 or 3 weeks and watch out for coraline algae growth. It may creeped into your shaft and jammed it. I had this experience before.

Ok I will check on my Tunzes... maybe I should also reduce dosing PurpleUp :P

• Moderators

Yup. Once you think you have enough purple/red coraline algae. The dosage can be reduced. I was using half of the regular dosage when I had enough coraline previously in my old tank. Exisitng coraline algae will continue to mutliply but pace will slow down. I did this when my tunze went "dead". Lesson learned. Lucky replacement shaft was not that ex. Thought the whole pump is gone initially.

All the best in your growth.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Honesty, I'm not good in providing product reviews...

What can I said... I tested my water parameters are still balance except for Ca...

but is dropping from 575 to 520

Recent water parameters:

pH: 8.3

Ca: 520

Mg: 1350

I confident that this product will keep all my worries on unbalance water parameter away... especially we don't test for Trace Elements :lol:

Hi thanks for the product review. Juz some questions to ask;

- Must the water parameters like Ca, kH and Mg be ideal first before dosing the AragaMILK?

- If the Ca AND kH is high, will dosing it bring it down to ideal level?

Thanks.

Hi thanks for the product review. Juz some questions to ask;

- Must the water parameters like Ca, kH and Mg be ideal first before dosing the AragaMILK?

- If the Ca AND kH is high, will dosing it bring it down to ideal level?

Hehe... let me try to answer:

1) Preferably yes. After using this product for a while, I treat it as maintenance product, not to rectify certain parameter.

2) Nope, don't think this product will help bring down Ca and KH.