Jervis' Kuda World

jervismun

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

bro tev, then how abt clams?? :lol:

jervis: when u check out his seahorse tank theres one thing u must not follow, and thats the trigger!

Clams ar...... cannot le.... if in future i really got this tank.... how to view when all the clams on near surface(for safety of sh) of tank? :upsidedown:

not to worry abiut the trigger, did not bother my sh.... lsot my sh to dieseas once and SEA CuKE BOMB once! No more Cukes in my future tank :pinch:

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

While looking at bro Chinmo's first SH tank thread... I can't believe my eyes :yeah::yeah::yeah: Those SH are so so cute looking... I love it when they all feed like puppies surrounding a bowl of milk :lol:

Yes bro Neokn... totally in love with it right now :wub:

Bro Decentkid... I kinda dislike Trigger... so it will not happen to my KUDA WORLD :P

As I will not feed them (probably a pair) on Sat and Sun, I really need to make sure there is sufficient food source around... I will mature the tank before seriously looking for a nice pair of Brazilian Wax :pinch: Seahorses :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

bro ... why dont u adopt my sh when ur nano is up ? feeds on brine and mysis ... i doubt it'll be visable in my 5footer ...

Wow... that's a very generous offer... can PM me pix of your beautiful SH?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

its not very beautiful .. haha ... just the common look ... black-brown skin tt changes to pale yellow at lights off.... think im not treating it good enough leh .... but ive been super super busy off late and so many things happening now ... hope ur tank gets up soon ... so tt this little fella can find a better home .. sigh ... im a terrible reefer la ...

Guys... breaking news!!!

A 360º change!!! Firstly, must thank those bros that show their concern over the welfare of the SH... after doing much research, 12G is indeed too small a volume to successfully keep SH happy... not to mention the limited vertical space needed for SH to move around... so I canceled the sales of the 12g NC... appreciate the kind bro (seller) for his kind understanding :bow:

I will go back to my drawing board once again... this time bearing in mind the needs and requirements of keeping SH :o

Any suggestions are most welcome :lol:

There will be... only bigger and better :lol::lol::lol:

The Live Sand idea will stay... and here's my new addition to the project... from a kind reefer :lol:

Deltec MCE600 Hang-on Skimmer w/ Aquabee 2000 :)

I will now design a tank accordingly :D

I have a question... if I want to primarily keep macroalgae such as Caulerpa Green Grape and etc... what's the best lighting for a 1 1/2 footer to 2 footer? I will not use chiller, so MH is out for sure... and don't you guys suggest SOLARIS Led ;)

post-34-1153588123.jpg

i would say solaries. as you will most likely go with a 2ft or 2.5ft height tank. and i would like to see the effect of such light

Haha... but not with a $1800 price tag ;)

bro its usd! so coverted over at around 1-1.55 will be like 2800

Ok... 1 SOLARIS and exploded my budget for this new project 3 times... as this is just a secondary tank for me... I really need to control the budget tightly... I do not want this project to jeopardize the development of my Percula 90.

• SRC Member

if solarise and MH is out then the only option left is T5. though it really isnt necessary to grow marcoalgae to keep SH.

also without a chiller, try to stick to tiger tails and kudas, not sure abt reidi (need to ask chimno abt it), but dont go for babouri or erectus..pot bellys are a definite no no ;)

if solarise and MH is out then the only option left is T5. though it really isnt necessary to grow marcoalgae to keep SH.

also without a chiller, try to stick to tiger tails and kudas, not sure abt reidi (need to ask chimno abt it), but dont go for babouri or erectus..pot bellys are a definite no no ;)

Thanks for the advise bro... I might just start the project with a simple pair Kudas... yupe will work with Chinmo closely as I have so much to learn from him :lol:

Will adopt bro Jacobus' SH... I hope they come in a pair :P

So far only 3 items confirmed...

1) Live Sand by Nature's Ocean

2) Marine Environment salt mix

3) Deltec MCE600 Hang-on Protein Skimmer

Haiz... such a long way to go... my CFO is gonna kill me :pinch::unsure:<_<

• SRC Member

hi there jervis,

you dont really need the light intensity that the solaris LEDs would put out. itd probably be an overkill and fuel unnecessary algae growth due to light spread reaching the far corners of your tank's glass sides.

id say a PL light fixture would serve you well as lots of reefers have grown chaeto and caulerpa well using T8s and low wattage PL lights. furthermore, with PL, you can mix and match an aesthically pleasing blend whilst still accomodating the needs of the algaes. i used an 18w PL fixture over my sump and had good growth from chaeto too.

do check out the great variety of algaes at CF. the caulerpa nummalaria has really nice form. bro bob might still have some as he was the one who gave me some initially so you can pm him to see if he has some to spare ya. think youll like them.

i really like that gracilaria "colony" in the jireh display tank too but i doubt the lady'd sell that.

i first began this hobby with seahorses actually, back when they were cheaper but wild caught. do try your best to get the captive bred ones that feed readily on frozen mysids as thats one of their natural foods. remember reborn had a batch of vietnamese cultured ones that ate so readily. wish i still had my live mysids to pass you some but they all died in the cycling stage of my present tank when transferred over...

ah well, all the best!

cheers,

ian

hi there jervis,

you dont really need the light intensity that the solaris LEDs would put out. itd probably be an overkill and fuel unnecessary algae growth due to light spread reaching the far corners of your tank's glass sides.

id say a PL light fixture would serve you well as lots of reefers have grown chaeto and caulerpa well using T8s and low wattage PL lights. furthermore, with PL, you can mix and match an aesthically pleasing blend whilst still accomodating the needs of the algaes. i used an 18w PL fixture over my sump and had good growth from chaeto too.

do check out the great variety of algaes at CF. the caulerpa nummalaria has really nice form. bro bob might still have some as he was the one who gave me some initially so you can pm him to see if he has some to spare ya. think youll like them.

i really like that gracilaria "colony" in the jireh display tank too but i doubt the lady'd sell that.

i first began this hobby with seahorses actually, back when they were cheaper but wild caught. do try your best to get the captive bred ones that feed readily on frozen mysids as thats one of their natural foods. remember reborn had a batch of vietnamese cultured ones that ate so readily. wish i still had my live mysids to pass you some but they all died in the cycling stage of my present tank when transferred over...

ah well, all the best!

cheers,

ian

Thanks Ian... I like the idea of exploring the lighting with PL... as I am planning a 1.5' cube, PL is the only sensible choice (I guess)... yes I will travel all over the island to look for nice macroalgaes... it will be a macro paradise :lol:

• SRC Member

unfortunately ... ther WERE in a pair ... but one fine day the escaped the nursery box ( a really big betta box ) i kept them in ... and one of them made friends with my seio .... :cry2::cry2: only got one lonely sh now ...

unfortunately ... ther WERE in a pair ... but one fine day the escaped the nursery box ( a really big betta box ) i kept them in ... and one of them made friends with my seio ....  :cry2:  :cry2: only got one lonely sh now ...

What are the chances of me finding your "lonely SH" a matching partner? ;)

I've decided not to sell the Tunze ReefPack afterall... the depreciation is way too much :cry: ... here's a pix of the Reefpack 500... with Mechanical Filter (w/ surface skimmer), Protein Skimmer and Water Top-up... now I end up having 2 protein skimmers for my new tank ;)

post-34-1153631635.jpg

• SRC Member

well since the nano is off..... i suggest going for 2x2x2 or 2x1x2 tank.... this sizes can hse 3 pairs comfortablely.... :P

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

Thanks Chinmo for the suggestions... yes I will go with a custom tank for sure... but the height musn't exceed 1.5" as I might not be able to "service" the tank well with my business attire... but 2ft length is quite a realistic footprint.

I might also run 2 tanks at the same time... one below... maybe having 2 different concepts... and alternate lighting to help balance pH a little :lol: So the 2 tanks will share same filtration system... what you guys think?