Jervis' Office Paradiz

jervismun

haha... finally u revealed ;)

I know... you know me lah... can't wait to burst out already :yeah::yeah::yeah: So how... you've seen the real thing... not bad lah :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lfs refer to aquama***? they got a running unit in?

Haha... you are so smart... yes AM is running a ATI Bubble Master for their main display tank... just kicked in today... so can see the beautiful candy floss already :lol::lol::lol: and I'm impressed :heh:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

wow. bro jerv always goin for impressive toys. that skimmer looks really zai.

if i use it for 1 feet. i can drink the water form the tank already.

Haha... but the thing is... this skimmer has not been tested in our shores... not even Reef Central... so going to be Guinea Pig lor... (cos I eat like a pig and come from Papua New Guinea) :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member
Here are some of the items in my storeroom right now:

1) Tunze Reefpack 500

2) Sicce Multi 2500

3) Sicce Multi 800

4) Aqua Medic Light Computer

5) Aqua Medic Phosphat Filter

6) Tonnes of Fish Food

Hopefully I can make good use of all the existing equipments :lol:

Will also invest in phases (arranged according to importance):

1) Tank set

2) Protein Skimmer

3) Lighting*

4) FR*

* Come in later... after cycling period

:eyebrow: hai... short of chiller loh :lol:

almost new our favourite chiller :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

:eyebrow: hai... short of chiller loh :lol:

Hey... don't be like that leh... this time round... I will rely on air-con instead :lol::lol::lol:

O I C . . . must backup with DIY CPU fan :lol:

Yupe... something like that :lol: Will go in step by step... right now just want to get the tank into the office, let it cycle, fire my BABY BUB , then lighting... and the rest will follow :lol: Wanna do it slow as I am really burn out already :evil:

hmmmm.... no one here actually use ATI skimmer cuz they are probably more famous for their lightings than their skimmers.

If the price for this ATI baby exceeds $1000, i guess might as well buy Deltec 851. .

However, yet to see the performance and the design seems somewhat similar to bubble king. . so show us ur candy floss pictures ya. ..

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

:off:  burn out in terms of pocket or physical?  :lol:

Haha... burn out in terms of pocket lah... physical no way man... I'm charged as a BULL :evil::evil::evil:

Reefing gives me WINGS :angel::angel::angel:

Bro Acidjazz

I know... err... actually there is... AM just fired up a Bubble Master 2 days ago underneath their main display tank :heh:

Although I do not know the price yet... (haha dun ask me how I can order things without knowing the price... I'm such a sucker as always)... well early indication is the ATI range will be significantly cheaper than Deltec of the same capacity... luckily I waited for a week... or else have to cancel Deltec order :lol:

Do note that in Germany, reefers compare ATI Bubble Master with Bubble King (probably due to the similarity in look and feel)... not comparing it with Deltec... dun know why... perhaps of a different category ;) (just my speculation...)

Here's a pix of the THREADWHEEL (thanks to bro Lyz77 for extracting from some German site)... a newer more efficient way of creating fine bubbles compared to conventional NEEDLEWHEEL... well at least this is what the German thinks... will have to test it out to be sure :) ... one thing for sure... the German seems to be going towards the THREADWHEEL... well I guess it's normal to go after newer technology :)

I will try to link some of the badly translated German sites so that you guys can get the information first hand... :lol:

Exciting times ahead...

post-34-1153970982.jpg

jervis. . as always you are the trend setter. . . :D

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

Pardon me for saying this but that threadwheel dont look too kind to zooplankton & micro organisms needed by corals. It will create very fine bubbles thats for sure ...

I guess... you win some... you loose some... that's life ins't it? ;)

I finally have a clear direction of what my Office Paradiz heading... I will slowly mature the tank... transfer my fishes and corals (slowly) from Percula 90 and... :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

:lol: bro, the question now to think is where are you placing your seahorses? in the main tank or the sump?

if in main tank, then you have to be very careful on the selection of fish for your FOWLR part, i think 99% of fish will out-eat seahores :D:D

if in sump, then the problem is how to keep the temp low in a confined space (cabinet with doors) without chiller? fan/s wont help much in a confined space.

:rolleyes: the bio-load has to be relatively high to test this new product, thus if the bio-load is low, cant really tell the power of it.

just the questions that i will ask myself if i am doing the same setup.

:erm::erm:

子非鱼,焉知鱼之乐... (you are not the fish so you...)

Then: my 4FT low tech selling off tank... (2006)

Now: (2014)

@Sept 2014

:lol: bro, the question now to think is where are you placing your seahorses? in the main tank or the sump?

if in main tank, then you have to be very careful on the selection of fish for your FOWLR part, i think 99% of fish will out-eat seahores  :D  :D

if in sump, then the problem is how to keep the temp low in a confined space (cabinet with doors) without chiller? fan/s wont help much in a confined space.

:rolleyes: the bio-load has to be relatively high to test this new product, thus if the bio-load is low, cant really tell the power of it.

just the questions that i will ask myself if i am doing the same setup.

:erm:  :erm:

Haha bro... if you read my post 10 minutes before yours, I've indicated that I will be transferring my LS from my home tank... therefore there will be no Seahorses... knowing me... chiller and etc. will fall in for sure (no matter how low tech I originally planned it to be)... once I transferred all my LS to this new tank (with some new fishes for sure, perhaps a school of Chromis) will create enough bio-load to test the skimmer out... if not feed Henry's Mix everyday lor :lol::lol::lol: It's easy to create high bioload :evil::evil::evil:

• SRC Member

Haha bro... if you read my post 10 minutes before yours, I've indicated that I will be transferring my LS from my home tank... therefore there will be no Seahorses... knowing me... chiller and etc. will fall in for sure (no matter how low tech I originally planned it to be)... once I transferred all my LS to this new tank (with some new fishes for sure, perhaps a school of Chromis) will create enough bio-load to test the skimmer out... if not feed Henry's Mix everyday lor :lol::lol::lol: It's easy to create high bioload :evil::evil::evil:

Urgh... then the seahorse no more le???

yesternight when i stared at my almost empty tank, i was thinking if i were to come back to reefing what type of tank shall i keep, i have these few in mind:

a) butterfly only with selected coral tank, a tank with copperband, longnose, threadfin, etc swimming amid corals is a sure eyes catcher... :rolleyes:

B) many anemone + many clowns + many suns, the orange/ yellow/ black of suns couples with different types of anemones with hosting clowns... breathless... :rolleyes:

c) pair seahorses, pair seahorses, pair seahorses, another beautiful tank. wanted to pick up a thing or two from your thread :unsure: but now cant le... i though the initial idea is good, to have a different setting of tank (one type at home, one type at office) will expose you (and others) to different areas of reefing...

any chance of you revising your plan for your office tank???

子非鱼,焉知鱼之乐... (you are not the fish so you...)

Then: my 4FT low tech selling off tank... (2006)

Now: (2014)

@Sept 2014

Urgh... then the seahorse no more le???

yesternight when i stared at my almost empty tank, i was thinking if i were to come back to reefing what type of tank shall i keep, i have these few in mind:

a) butterfly only with selected coral tank, a tank with copperband, longnose, threadfin, etc swimming amid corals is a sure eyes catcher... :rolleyes:

B) many anemone + many clowns + many suns, the orange/ yellow/ black of suns couples with different types of anemones with hosting clowns... breathless... :rolleyes:

c) pair seahorses, pair seahorses, pair seahorses, another beautiful tank. wanted to pick up a thing or two from your thread :unsure: but now cant le... i though the initial idea is good, to have a different setting of tank (one type at home, one type at office) will expose you (and others) to different areas of reefing...

any chance of you revising your plan for your office tank???

Haha... you can look at Chinmo's tank for inspiration... he is the real pro and you will learn much from him.

As for me, I am even contemplating of decomming the tank at home... for future development... so setting up this office tank is part of a bigger plan :lol:

Latest confirmation:

4 1/2' by 2' by 2' with huge sump below... will run the ATI Twister M (11W power consumption) along with other goodies...

It will not be a standard tank as I will work with my tank maker to introduce a lot of new and smart features into the tank design... I will also look into the aesthetics of it :lol:

Latest confirmation:

4 1/2' by 2' by 2' with huge sump below... will run the ATI Twister M (11W power consumption) along with other goodies...

It will not be a standard tank as I will work with my tank maker to introduce a lot of new and smart features into the tank design... I will also look into the aesthetics of it :lol:

getting bigger and bigger ....

go straight for 6 feet lah.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

getting bigger and bigger ....

go straight for 6 feet lah.

Space constraint... I have to remove an office cabinet to accomodate this tank leh... if only... :( I guess a 4.5' for the time being is good enough lah... 6' is reserved for my future SPS tank :lol: