ATI Twister M Protein Skimmer

jervismun

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
So in other words not skimming for 2 days ah? Should not have any casualties right? (I hope)

I work this week 5AM mah, that's why really morning :P

Touch wood!!! So far so good! Oni thing I notice is my SPS is not opening up for the past 2 days but now it's back to normal and I just added a Purple tang! So cute as it's oni 1.5"! Mini Toon Tang!!! :lol:

So in other words not skimming for 2 days ah? Should not have any casualties right? (I hope)

I work this week 5AM mah, that's why really morning :P

Yupe for 2 straight days... so when I found out... I quickly removed it from bro Lyz77 tank so that his tank can get back to normal... and it has gotten back to normal (I hope) :)

So my first attempt to test the skimmer out was a total failure... so I've decided to keep the protein skimmer for a while till the tank is ready... testing in other reefer's tank is both inconvenient and high in risk (for the kind reefer).

Will update you guys again on this Baby... but if you have any queries about this product, we can still discuss it here.

I may also drop by AM more often to observe the progress of the Bubble Master... the last time I went... the skimmate was really :sick::sick::sick:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

do u guys think this look familiar.

threadwheel

Good job bro Acontia... trust me, I've seen the real thing... and yours look very very similar... put it to test :lol::lol::lol:

Note: If I'm not wrong, ATI holds the worldwide patent to the ThreadWheel design... do be careful if you ever think about going commercial with this baby :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

How the Skimmer performance in Lyz77's tank??

Hi Frankie, please browse to previous page for updates :thanks:

Oh I was hoping to see some pic if you have after you had rectify the problem? Actually, I would like to purchase a better skimmer, would like to have more feedbacks before committing. Thanks for your help.

Hi Frankie, yes it's very wise of you to do some homework before committing. As technology improves ever so quickly, a very good skimmer 5 years ago may not be as good in year 2006. Having said that, I must apologize as I cannot provide you with more pictures of the product as I am now waiting for my new tank. My current tank doesn't come with a sump therefore can't test it.

How big is your tank? If you need advice, do PM me with more details. We can discuss further. As I might suggest you a few models to consider... it is not suitable to discuss it under this product review thread.

first look,i tot was a bubble king..

Yeah it does resembles the Bubble King in a lot of areas... it's definitely the Poor Man's BK :lol:

bro,u mention the pump might not be strong enough,but it comes as a set right?

Yes, the thing is ATI is still testing this new pump... just my observation and speculation only btw... let's not forget the main objective of this Twister®M... that is to provide reefers a decent skimmer with exceptionally low power consumption (11W = S$1.50/month). If they are to replace it with an Eheim, it will distort it's original concept.

Really? Now the whole world knows how silly I was with my little mishap while doing the review at bro Lyz77's tank :lol:

Readers from ReefCentral... welcome!!! You guys can get a lot more info on the ATI skimmer at the following link:

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...opic=51766&st=0

:thanks: for dropping by :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
No more updates for this chio skimmer?

Nope... I've returned the Twister to AM in exchange for the ATI Bubble Master... a larger model :)

Does AM still selling the ATI twister?

I believe so... just got to order in advance :)