my first attempt at Marine

tjchan

• SRC Member

Did u do water chane and measure the water perimeter ? Corals started to melt off could be nitrate level high :( u might wanna do abt 20 % change and monitor :)

Nice blue lights u got

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
i didnt see any fishes(other than long nose hawk) in your most recent FTS

gave up on adding fishes.... those that seems healthy in my tank suddenly can go missing or die overnite after in my tank for weeks to months.... now left my longest survivor 1 x tomato clown(since my tank started), 1 x longnose hawk(healthy but still picky on food) and 1 x scissorstail dartfish(healthy and eating). Inverts are 2 x skunk cleaner shrimps and my long service award turbo snail. And many brittle stars that hide in rocks all day.

its a crocea. Nice piece u got there. Mind asking wat lighting u using ? crocea needs stronger lights :)

using 2xt5HO tubes (1xATI white and 1xAquaz blue). tank not very high.. light is only about 13" from sandbed.

• SRC Member

using 2xt5HO tubes (1xATI white and 1xAquaz blue). tank not very high.. light is only about 13" from sandbed.

Think ur crocea r ok. clams will open up even bigger with their mantles stretching longer when they received better lighting. :)

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

Think ur crocea r ok. clams will open up even bigger with their mantles stretching longer when they received better lighting. :)

thanks for the input... maybe will try to shift higher the next time i do a water change... but it's very stubborn... dun want to stay on top and keep toppling onto the sandbed... i scared i not home when it do this and dies... dats why it's now on the sandbed... u think it will be affected by the gonio(i think) beside it?

• SRC Member

Think the gonio should be ok besides the crocea. Clams do not like direct or strong waves hitting at them. Try to locate ur clam to higher ground with less flow or not in the direction of ur wavemaker :D