Jacobus' Glass Box

jacobus

• SRC Member
my copperband! *keeping my fingers crossed

dsc0217yy5.jpg

Bro, how u going to feed your CB? Heard that they are fussy eater...

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

Bro... really getting the hang of the DSLR I can see... Copperband is such a beautiful fish :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Bro... really getting the hang of the DSLR I can see... Copperband is such a beautiful fish :)

haha slowly getting the hang of it ... twisting the dials and pressing buttons here and there .. then getting a good shot. *satisfaction* :lol: as for the CB ... still with me .. still alive.. AND EATING ! haha.. urmm.. but only on live brine and "hum".. but still not eating like a pig yet.. gotta try to wean it on frozen soon..

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

this has gotta be the hardest decision in my reefing life.. my family isnt doing very well at the moment .. and ive decided to go FOWLR ( less considerations on light and flow ) coz i cant let go of all this so soon.. but total decom might be a possiblity.. will be selling my corals on pasar malam.. feel free to browse my thread and pm me if u are interested in any of the corals.. after such a long journey and reaching a small level of success... cant help but feel "she bu de".. :cry: ... now cannot thick skin post here ready.. nothing to show anymore..

• SRC Member
this has gotta be the hardest decision in my reefing life.. my family isnt doing very well at the moment .. and ive decided to go FOWLR ( less considerations on light and flow ) coz i cant let go of all this so soon.. but total decom might be a possiblity.. will be selling my corals on pasar malam.. feel free to browse my thread and pm me if u are interested in any of the corals.. after such a long journey and reaching a small level of success... cant help but feel "she bu de".. :cry: ... now cannot thick skin post here ready.. nothing to show anymore..

hey bro, wat happen ? :o Hope ur family woes can be solved soon and that u are able to bounce back to reefing soon. :)

By keeping a fowler tank, there's still hope to keep LPS in ur tank again, jus need to pray and be strong :huh:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

my firegoby is in hiding today... was out the whole day ... came home to find only my rainford goby( which has started to feed btw )... i also got another twinspot hog yesterday .. this fella did better than the previous one.. started feeding in a few hours... and eating like a pig today and already comfortable in the tank... took the previous one a few days to stabilize... have a good feeling about this one.. haha..

this fella is so pretty!!!

dsc0164zi7.jpg

tis one is rainford goby...

i m e goby guy...

u can refer to e list of gobies..

under fish trend gobies...

eats hair algae..

but dun depend on it for ur algae prob its a small feeder...

e white one is fire goby.. :lol:

• 13 years later...
  • SRC Member
1 hour ago, jacobus said:

Hello reefers! I'm looking to make a comeback after 14 years.

Any recommendations on where to get tanks? I'm looking towards a 60cm cube size. 

Check out the Red sea reefer 170! i just got one recently and i absolutely love the quality and design.. 

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

• SRC Member
3 minutes ago, Evolutionz said:

Check out the Red sea reefer 170! i just got one recently and i absolutely love the quality and design.. 

Hey thanks for the recommendation, may I know where you got it and how much? 

• SRC Member
1 minute ago, jacobus said:

Hey thanks for the recommendation, may I know where you got it and how much? 

I got it 2nd hand from a reefer, There's a couple online store like ReefMarketSG that carries them, or you can purchase them directly from Qianhu who is the distributor for red sea. I believe a brand new RSR 170 is about 1.2k.

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

• 5 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Hi friends,

So I'm back into the hobby after 14 years!

These pictures are backdated so bear with me.

Bought a 2ft cube with sump off Carousell. The total water volume is about 74~75 gallons.

Day 1 with live sand existing in the tank from the previous owner, plus new Carribsea Life Rock to cycle.

This was the initial scape but I wasn't happy and subsequently added another arch to the right tower.PSX_20200819_172300.jpeg

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...