I Hate Bristle Worms

Noticed one of my Green Ricordias was missing from its rock today, All I found was a little stub of it on the rock.

I searched for it and found it under a rock ... pieces of it anyway and it was being eatten by a big bristle worm!

I tryed to catch it but it retreated into the rock. good thin was the rock was a loose rock... took it dip with fresh water... still din't come out. o I used hammer and found 2 worms inside :angry:

I was very very pissed I slowly dripped salacyclic acid on them and watch them struggle to death painfully.... slowly... :evil:

Unfortunately I still have more worms in my tank. I've used traps and tryed catching them by red light... no avail unless they are in loose rock which most have been removed to kill the worms inside.

anyone have anymore Ideas? on natural bristle worm preydators or catching technics?

That way it die to fast liao... I made sure they took 20 mins to die.... I dripped acid on tail going up to head... every 1 minute i drop one drop. :evil: I enjoyed every moment.

now what wrasse eat this worms again?

BTW I was so pissed that by the time i remembered to take a picture they were puddles of redisd brown goo.

But someone did take a picture of a worm that looks exactly like the ones infesting my tank.

post-21-1155633220.jpg

• SRC Member
Please also remember the goodies of this fella. He helps to prevent your DSB from hardening n they clear out your dead LS before there's an ammonia spike.

hey bro i dont think that worm there will help clear dead stuff... i think it will kill to fill its belly

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys, my tank also got worms, but my is not as scary look as what M4rk4nth

has. My anemone just died, it's side seem to be scratched baddly, it was ok during the night but next morning it's dead. Does worms feed on soft corals?? Any chances that it is the worms that kill my baby anemone??

If it is I am going to kill them one by one like what M4rk4nth did.

Btw, can anyone identify this worm??

post-21-1157728660.jpg

Hi Guys, my tank also got worms, but my is not as scary look as what M4rk4nth

has. My anemone just died, it's side seem to be scratched baddly, it was ok during the night but next morning it's dead. Does worms feed on soft corals?? Any chances that it is the worms that kill my baby anemone??

If it is I am going to kill them one by one like what M4rk4nth did.

Btw, can anyone identify this worm??

fireworm...

I have alot..

I also don't know what to do...

Sigh.

• 4 weeks later...