ATI Bubble Master

acidjazz

Back to the topic, this is a product review. Any other unproductive comments pls go via pm.

Edited by MODERATOR#1

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edited

Edited by MODERATOR#1

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

oh no..bros... think everyone got to cool down.. just treat it as a common of each... no point arguing.... like in my selling thread, there is one fellow saying things that is very negative, i think all of us is grown up.... don't take these kind of comments too hard.. all of us in SRC is just trying to review good products and recommend it to other reefers... same goes to selling... hope we can keep the reviews on this thread continuing.. cos I maybe getting another tank and customize the sump to fit BM.... :lol: bro jerv, maybe need your drawing to customize my new tank... :rolleyes:

Edited

Edited by MODERATOR#1

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

oh no..bros... think everyone got to cool down.. just treat it as a common of each... no point arguing.... like in my selling thread, there is one fellow saying things that is very negative, i think all of us is grown up.... don't take these kind of comments too hard.. all of us in SRC is just trying to review good products and recommend it to other reefers... same goes to selling...  hope we can keep the reviews on this thread continuing.. cos I maybe getting another tank and customize the sump to fit BM.... :lol: bro jerv, maybe need your drawing to customize my new tank...  :rolleyes:

You are building a new tank? Actually the BM doesn't require much of a customization to your sump. Just that your current sump is way too tiny. No worries... we can work together on your new project... remember 3rd September :lol:

Edited by MODERATOR#1

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

:peace: Edited by MODERATOR#1

:peace: Edited by MODERATOR#1

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• Moderators

Folks,

I have been following this review diligently in hope of knowing more about this product before commiting on a new skimmer.

Just my thought, since AJ's skimmer has been running for a while. There may be some salt creep developed at the skimmer cup connecting area around the main body which could not be washed and cleaned unless you remove the whole skimmer from sump and wash it at least every fortnight. Thus creating this problem of difficult in removing the cup.

Just my thought, only time will tell if this the case when using it in salt water over time......

Tom

• SRC Member

Pls do not make such a statement and starts to pull in unrelated product into this product review. The review is abt sharing information and not to stir things up.

Bro Jervis, I suggest u hv a separate review on your BM which provide more neutral info/ insight abt this new product! Pls do not get me wrong as more review by different party will allow reefer to gather more info! ;)

Edited by MODERATOR#1

Folks,

I have been following this review diligently in hope of knowing more about this product before commiting on a new skimmer.

Just my thought, since AJ's skimmer has been running for a while. There may be some salt creep developed at the skimmer cup connecting area around the main body which could not be washed and cleaned unless you remove the whole skimmer from sump and wash it at least every fortnight. Thus creating this problem of difficult in removing the cup.

Just my thought, only time will tell if this the case when using it in salt water over time......

thank you. :) That's exactly what another reefer comment about the skimmer as well.

There was no ill intention when i mentioned tt the skimmer cup is difficult to remove. Its different when the skimmer is dry and when it already ran for a few weeks.

Very gd point brought up by a sensible reefer. :)

cheers mate.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Hi @all

first, let me introduce myself, please. My name is Joerg Blei and I am a member of the ATI-Aquaristik company in Germany.

I'm really impressed of this thread and how people test and report about new products. I'm alittle bit concerned about the last 2 pages, because I don't think, this is a way to discuss something, anyway!

I hope my statement will help to see some things clearer:

Our exclusive trader in singapore is AquaMarin Aquatic Pets and Aqua Pharm Laboratories. We do not deliver any other dealer directly in Singapore. Only these companies will get direct support and are equipped with spare-parts in case of warranty. Other ATI-Products on the Singapore market are imported without our knowledge. AM sells no copies or like you call it "cheong". (funny word for a bad thing!).

Airflow-Meter: We stopped the delivery with the airflow-meter, because we are not really satisfied with it. The ball inside is of iron and in case the noise/air-filter falls into the sump, the ball we start to rust. Worth case is, that the ball cannot move in the tube and no air can be sucked at all. That is the reason!

Foam-cup: It can happen, that the cup will be not so easy to remove. We don't know exactly why! All BM are tested before they leave our company and one stepstone is, that the cup is easy to remove. As mentioned, sometimes the cup is hard to remove, but you can work on the grey ring with sandpaper (it's only 1mm max.) and everything works fine. If you are not satisfied with this solution contact our partner Aquamarin and they will help you out. In generally, there is no problem with the cup.

If there are any questions left, contact the dealer where you bought the BM or take a look on our homepage, where I started the English area. You will find information and I'm working hard to put in more informations!

We are developing for the reefers and we are always interest in feedback - positive or negative! - but we love positive feedback ;)

Joerg

• SRC Member
Hi @all

first, let me introduce myself, please. My name is Joerg Blei and I am a member of the ATI-Aquaristik company in Germany.

I'm really impressed of this thread and how people test and report about new products. I'm alittle bit concerned about the last 2 pages, because I don't think, this is a way to discuss something, anyway!

I hope my statement will help to see some things clearer:

Our exclusive trader in singapore is AquaMarin Aquatic Pets and Aqua Pharm Laboratories. We do not deliver any other dealer directly in Singapore. Only these companies will get direct support and are equipped with spare-parts in case of warranty. Other ATI-Products on the Singapore market are imported without our knowledge. AM sells no copies or like you call it "cheong". (funny word for a bad thing!).

Airflow-Meter: We stopped the delivery with the airflow-meter, because we are not really satisfied with it. The ball inside is of iron and in case the noise/air-filter falls into the sump, the ball we start to rust. Worth case is, that the ball cannot move in the tube and no air can be sucked at all. That is the reason!

Foam-cup: It can happen, that the cup will be not so easy to remove. We don't know exactly why! All BM are tested before they leave our company and one stepstone is, that the cup is easy to remove. As mentioned, sometimes the cup is hard to remove, but you can work on the grey ring with sandpaper (it's only 1mm max.) and everything works fine. If you are not satisfied with this solution contact our partner Aquamarin and they will help you out. In generally, there is no problem with the cup.

If there are any questions left, contact the dealer where you bought the BM or take a look on our homepage, where I started the English area. You will find information and I'm working hard to put in more informations!

We are developing for the reefers and we are always interest in feedback - positive or negative! - but we love positive feedback ;)

Joerg

Edited by MODERATOR#1

Current tank

Past tank

:peace:

Hi Dominik,

If you have doubts about it, feel free to call me at the company 0049 2381 3056808.

Is it so strange, that a manufacturer answers in the forum or why do you think, I'm a fake?

greetings

Joerg

Edited by MODERATOR#1

Hi Dominik,

If you have doubts about it, feel free to call me at the company 0049 2381 3056808.

Is it so strange, that a manufacturer answers in the forum or why do you think, I'm a fake?

greetings

Joerg

Joerg

I dun think bro Dominik meant harm... it is just that it is very uncommon for overseas manufacturer to be in direct contact with us in Singapore, unlike RC, Zeovit.com and Riffauqristikforum.de :)

Welcome to Singapore btw

Je®vis

Edited by MODERATOR#1

No problem!

@Jervis

As you mentioned the riffaquaristikforum, you can find my posts under the same nickname.

I've been following your postings for some time now... I am a great supporter of ATI :lol::lol::lol:

Great job Moderator#1... reading back all the postings... really really funny :lol::lol::lol:

And I keep getting :peace: for my edited posts :peace::peace::peace:

Joerg, there are many versions of the ATI BM in the market currently.

For example,

1) the ATI twister in www.zeovit.com is using eheim 1250 pump while local reefers are getting the new pump.

2) the ATI BM tt i purchased have a grey neck, so does your agent, whereby those at www.zeovit.com have a clear acrylic neck.

3) My version comes with an eheim 1262 pump while those at www.zeovit.com are using the eheim 1260 pump.

Therefore, isnt it better for ATI to complete its R&D before launching the skimmer instead of coming up with so many versions?

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Given the line of argument, Microsoft should make Vista bug free and do away with 95, 98, Me, 2000 and XP. And there should really be only one colour of cars available, just to standardize.

There is no such thing as a completion of R&D. It is a continuous process, as there is always room for improvement. It does not make business sense to wait until a perfect product is conceptualize before rolling to market. What is normally done is that test cases are drawn up to ensure that the product works fine under REASONABLE conditions with REASONABLE consumer expectations.

I distinctly remembered that some time back there was a brand of addictives that had left out sealing the bottles. And it is after the good feedback from the users that it was rectified.

But I am sure the manufacturers will nevertheless take this feedback and consider it carefully.