Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

:snore::snore::snore: No sign of my sump yet :snore::snore::snore:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

custom made mah patience bro~

Emm... I thought all sumps are custom made :snore: Actually since my LR takes 2 weeks to cure... there's no point of rushing the project... I want quality :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Emm... I thought all sumps are custom made :snore: Actually since my LR takes 2 weeks to cure... there's no point of rushing the project... I want quality :)

Not entirely true, basic sump design is 3 partition tank but for custom build tanks like urs the sump usually would require holes to be bored here and there for connection of pipework to other tanks like a separate refugium in ur case. Unless u'll just be using hoses to direct water here and there lor.

Some even have a higher first water incoming compartment so as to stack the filter elements (wool) higher.

Not entirely true, basic sump design is 3 partition tank but for custom build tanks like urs the sump usually would require holes to be bored here and there for connection of pipework to other tanks like a separate refugium in ur case. Unless u'll just be using hoses to direct water here and there lor.

Some even have a higher first water incoming compartment so as to stack the filter elements (wool) higher.

Ok you have a point there... my sump is quite customized then... hehe... Black Glass to start with... 10mm thick :lol:

• SRC Member

:thanks: Bro! for show me the way!

I need to take 3~6 months to set up my tank coz there are some reason...

1. I need to shift house

2. Now a bit busy

3. Budget still not enuff.. :paiseh:

But got advantages for delaying, coz I've time to learn more from you guys about marine aquarium. so far my knowledge level is ZERO. :eyeblur:

:thanks: Bro! for show me the way!

Plenty of time for you to learn... you can drop by my office too then it's so much easier to explain the concept to you... I will have lots of books and magazines too... coz I am still learning everyday :lol:

Me too until now have not taste salt water yet ;)

Oh yeah... you're gonna hate salt water :lol: It can do so much damage to the surrounding and your skin :P

ur books available for T-Loan? :pinch:

I have not decided yet... :lol:

jervis .. I know your office :lol:

My friend's office is located in the exact same building .. goes there sometimes .. keke he's the kid that drives the Z4 ..

Then you can drop by my office too :) There are so many nice cars around my area... which Z4? :lol::lol::lol:

can pm the price for Nature's Ocean Live Sand form AM :bow:

You can give them a call actually... I can't remember the exact amount.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50670

ur books available for T-Loan? :pinch:

Here's my humble little collection of books and magazines... will keep the in the office... so if you guys are interested :P Will try to invest more in books and mags once my new tank is more or less settled :heh:

post-34-1157195340.jpg

so hard working.

You mean the books? You think a resource center will be helpful for new reefers especially students? Just trying to help since those book a bit wasteful sitting in the book shelve... can make better use by sharing :D

• SRC Member

You mean the books? You think a resource center will be helpful for new reefers especially students? Just trying to help since those book a bit wasteful sitting in the book shelve... can make better use by sharing :D

thats a great idea !

i have some diving books tt would be great to provide scaping ideas ...

thats a great idea !

i have some diving books tt would be great to provide scaping ideas ...

That can be extremely useful also... maybe some books can be "red dots"... I got a giant Xerox machine at my office :heh:

How come no picture this weekend? :evil::evil::evil:

Hehe... major update tomorrow... I promise :lol:

looking forward for the updates! .. :D

Steve will come in the afternoon... I already pushes all meetings to Tuesday (and beyond)... hopefully it will not distract me too much :lol: