Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha you really seem to be very proud of the cooked prawns arh...

Haha... just when I thought the shrimps are disgusting enough... :sick::sick::sick:

Can't remove them yet... my Salifert test shows 0.25 mg/L Ammonia... I need it to hit at least 0.5 mg/L :erm:

post-34-1158842459.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
bro, what skimmer are you usin.. and also the prawn..isit nessesary? my fill fill all livesand.. no other aditive added...

just want to ask you, your switch for the water pipe,what brand? look very nice..black and grey, why mine not?? :pinch:

what is your fill fill??? :blink:

anyway... the prawn is for cycling... to grow bacterial to turn ammonia-nitrite and another group of bacterial to turn nitrite-nitrate..... which is a less poisonous gas to the LS

so it depends on personal preference some ppl think need prawn to cycle the tank... but the others will say what for add the prawn as there will confirm be dead organism on the rocks and sand to grow those bacterial....

bro, what skimmer are you usin.. and also the prawn..isit nessesary? my fill fill all livesand.. no other aditive added...

just want to ask you, your switch for the water pipe,what brand? look very nice..black and grey, why mine not?? :pinch:

Hi Jess, I am using the same skimmer as you... ATI BM rocks!!! :lol:

Well the baby shrimps aren't compulsory... depending on the situation... I just want to spike the Ammonia a little so that those bacterias in the Live Aragonite will spread over to my Puka Shells. You see... they feed on Ammonia and I do not want them to starve :nc: But if you have already introduced LR... not a concern anymore.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

An interesting discovery...

The most impressive reading so far is 0 ppm for Polar Distilled Water (office dispenser) :)

post-34-1158844334.jpg

then you gonna have a waterfall in your sump, which sounds like the waterfall flowing through a choked pipe. better get it resolved soon. it almost drove me nuts.

Steve came over to my office and fixed the minor glitch... no barely can here any sound from the dorso... instead I can hear Red Dragon ;)

jevis, are you planning to buy a CR??didn't see any in your set up picture.. was told is very very good thing to have... so i got it from steve too..

Yes I will be getting a CR... but have not really decided on a model yet... as I am recovering from the damage :pinch::nuke::nuke:

Yes CR is very good to constantly provide your corals with sufficient Calcium and help stabilize kH and also help maintain Magnesium (depending on media selection). The only set back is a slightly lower pH... around 0.2 lower than usual.

CR is not a plug and play TOY, make sure Steve is there to help you set up... also need to learn the idea behind it... well... at least your Aquatronica will help you do some of the more difficult tasks :lol:

Bro, could it be the Biobactor is working dats why no ammonia?  :unsure:

The AquaMedic Biobacter comes with its own bacteria food... tablet form... I personally don't think Biobacters are consuming all my rotten shrimps... possibly the billions of bacterias that came with the packet of Nature's Ocean Live Aragonite I added last week... if that is the case, then it is a pack of damn hungry bacterias :lol: I shall not remove the baby shrimps and let them keep my bacterias happy :nc:

Guys... just wanna make it clear, the reason why I am introducing this mess into my tank is because I have not introduce any Live Rock yet. With Live Rock, shrimps are unnecessary as the amount of ammonia released by the LR will sufficiently kick-start the Nitrogen Cycle :)

haha .... ur so nice to ur bacteria ..... ur staff wont complain about the smell meh ? :sick:

Actually there isn't much smell... furthermore the Glade Lavender air freshener is good at masking it :lol:

Oh... in a reef tank... anything for the beneficial bacterias... anything :P

Guys! I'm in Sydney Airport now!!! Will reach tonight 10.30pm... hopefully... no disaster at home... but I've taken tomorrow "off" just in case :(

So much to update... sharks... whales... everything!!! :lol::lol::lol: