Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

Bro becareful ur DSB. the sand might flow to ur return compartment if u remove the sponge.

Yeah I will be extra careful... the sand seems to be pretty stable as the water just passes thru the top... :) Thanks bro :bow:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything seems fine this morning except for a layer of clay accumulated on my BM's neck... luckily the neck is wide enough for me to easily wipe the clay off... I think i will do this more often... the wiping off i mean :lol:

post-34-1160104702.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Latest test results:

kH: 4ºkH ;)

Nitrite: 0.2 ppm

Nitrate: 10 ppm

My Calcium Reactor is on its way... by next week... I hope kH can be optimized :)

Here's a FTS :lol: Some equipments are yet to be installed... the 2 tubs of Sorb-4 and Black Gold is the position for my dual-chamber Skimz FR, powered by Aquabee UP1000. No space for CR... will have to kick start phase II immediately :)

As you can see... my main tank is still very empty :lol:

post-34-1160139913.jpg

This is how my "future" overflow compartment cabinet looks like... housing the Aquatronica Control Unit and Tunze Multicontroller 7095... the challenge is actually to organize the electrode/module cables and Tunze Streams transformer boxes :lol:

Note: The pix is not real :lol:

post-34-1160154519.jpg

haha not real still look damn cool .. lolz

btw the "flushing system" has pipes running up and down the shell bed, so i guess that will limit your scaping ?

In a way... yes the PVC pipes will make rockscaping more challenging... but that I will leave it to Steve :lol: My LR will be in by the 20th this month... slightly delayed but not without good reasons :)

• SRC Member
This is how my "future" overflow compartment cabinet looks like... housing the Aquatronica Control Unit and Tunze Multicontroller 7095... the challenge is actually to organize the electrode/module cables and Tunze Streams transformer boxes :lol:

Note: The pix is not real :lol:

Go to sim lim square or electrical shop to get sm idea on the type of casing or trucking tat u can apply to organize yr cable!!! ;)

Go to sim lim square or electrical shop to get sm idea on the type of casing or trucking tat u can apply to organize yr cable!!! ;)

Yes bro Lyz77... I know what to do... seen your tank before :lol:

still waiting for open house

Hehe... that day will surely come... :)

Nice. What fish and corals will you be putting inside? :)

Bro Teo... I am still finalizing my LS List... early planning indicates towards:

1) Avoid large fishes, low bio-load...

2) Transfer all corals from home tank... will not add any new corals until the tank is ready for more challenging SPS :whistle

3) Phase II consists of 2 (possibly 3) more tanks all connecting to Phase I, will have Refugium + Seahorse and 2 species tank for propagation/breeding experiments :)

HI Jervis,

did u put anything like bio-ring o other media under ur DBS chamber

Nope, underneath the DSB is a 1/2" gap separated using the plenum :nc:

bro, long time no update liao. Think u super busy now visiting LFS, getting those gems corals and fishes for ur tank :eyebrow: any corals added so far yet /

Hi bro Fishtalk... not busy at all... just spend time staring at my empty tank :lol: Still waiting for LR to be delivered on the 20th this month... nothing to stock at the moment... and obviously no LFS shopping for me till end of the month :lol:

Bro I really like the Nemo you sell me... thanks for bringing me to the world of Queer Nemos :bow:

• SRC Member

Hi bro Fishtalk... not busy at all... just spend time staring at my empty tank :lol: Still waiting for LR to be delivered on the 20th this month... nothing to stock at the moment... and obviously no LFS shopping for me till end of the month :lol:

Bro I really like the Nemo you sell me... thanks for bringing me to the world of Queer Nemos :bow:

:huh: not really 'empty' lah...u can still admire the copepods & wiggly worms snuggling in the cool comfort of ya luxurious tank. :eyebrow:

Bro Kueytoc... I have yet to receive my lighting fixture... so it is too dark to spot any pods :lol:

Good news though... NO3 is down from 10ppm (last week) to 2ppm (today)... another discovery is both Salifert and Tropic Marin give the same exact reading :)

I guess my tank is experiencing the last stage of Nitrogen Cycle now... the next thing to do is to continue introducing minimal amount of Ammonia into the tank to keep the cultured bacterias happy prior to the introduction of Live Rocks.

post-34-1160381773.jpg

• SRC Member

Bro Teo... I am still finalizing my LS List... early planning indicates towards:

1) Avoid large fishes, low bio-load...

2) Transfer all corals from home tank... will not add any new corals until the tank is ready for more challenging SPS :whistle

3) Phase II consists of 2 (possibly 3) more tanks all connecting to Phase I, will have Refugium + Seahorse and 2 species tank for propagation/breeding experiments :)

Wow, exciting. I always wanted a seahorse tank.

Your help to fullfill my dream. :lol:

• SRC Member

:bow: got to thank you too for providing such nice home for the Qeer looking nemo. :bow::D:lol: I know its in safe safe hand by u. Anyway, its always nice to have those queer pattern and beautiful fishes in our tank. They sure do stand out from the rest and in terms of their pricing too :pinch:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
Bro Kueytoc... I have yet to receive my lighting fixture... so it is too dark to spot any pods :lol:

Good news though... NO3 is down from 10ppm (last week) to 2ppm (today)... another discovery is both Salifert and Tropic Marin give the same exact reading :)

I guess my tank is experiencing the last stage of Nitrogen Cycle now... the next thing to do is to continue introducing minimal amount of Ammonia into the tank to keep the cultured bacterias happy prior to the introduction of Live Rocks.

:D no need to wait for ya Ti-Ti-5...ya office bright FL lights can do the job already.

Otherwise, I can lend u my trusty EVEREADY torchlight. ;)

• SRC Member

Wow, exciting. I always wanted a seahorse tank.

Your help to fullfill my dream. :lol:

have a seahorse tank man...

I am looking to introduce some to my existing refugium as well.

But feeding may poise a problem. Not sure if they feed on frozen mysis...

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor