Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

Time to spoil my SPS a little... yummy :eyebrow:

post-34-1163336186.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the new placement of my Pratas... drooping down... love it :wub:

post-34-1163336323.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Brought some LR from home tank... placed them in the sump tank for the time being... small small rocks are being used to elevate the rocks from the DSB... there are sufficient gap between the two to allow proper flow :)

post-34-1163336476.jpg

• Moderators
I also bought 2 more pieces of Monti this afternoon... still trying to find the name... basically...

1) Blue base, Green polyps

2) Blue base, Maroon polyps

The green piece look like Rainbow Monti. Not sure abt the blue one.

Better let the expert advise if right or wrong.

Hmmm... seem like all the expert are out for long dinner...

Tom

The green piece look like Rainbow Monti. Not sure abt the blue one.

Better let the expert advise if right or wrong.

Hmmm... seem like all the expert are out for long dinner...

Yeah the green one is Rainbow... the blue/red is pseudo-superman i heard... coz not red enough :unsure:

• SRC Member

woohoohoo!!! colourful! you sure got some fantastic out of a kind specimens there jervis. do remember to spare me a frag next time if....... im ready for SPS.

with those delicated LS in ur tank, its better to get a back up system fast.

i dun want you to have difficulties sleeping worrying power trips! :lol:

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

bro, sorry if i sound awful, but then i doubt those sps will really thrieve in your tank, its still too new, you should have waited for a few month before venturing into sps. by then i am sure your equipment will be able to keep those color

Thanks bro for your concern... my tank well... been running for 2 months now... and I am quite confident in keeping these Montis... other reefers have faith in my tank (guys... come collect your SPS soon lah)... there's no reason for me to doubt my setup.

As long as the parameters are optimum... i really dun think age matters too much :)

Anyway I heard you sold some of your prized fishes... what a waste :heh:

• SRC Member
bro, sorry if i sound awful, but then i doubt those sps will really thrieve in your tank, its still too new, you should have waited for a few month before venturing into sps. by then i am sure your equipment will be able to keep those color

I disagree with what you mentioned here. Have seen his setup and also know that Bro Jervis has done his homework. Keeping SPS should not be a big problem in his tank. :P

Keeping SPS should not be a big problem in his tank. :P

Hahaha... so you curse me small problems lah :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member
cheaper alternative to set an alarm in your office, so that when there is a power cut you will be notified?

din know you look at me as such a shallow guy...

i was thinking of the sms thingie.. or call.. my home alarm wif ADT will activate, and the people at the control room will call me or my mum or dad when there is no power at home...

i was thinking of the sms thingie.. or call.. my home alarm wif ADT will activate, and the people at the control room will call me or my mum or dad when there is no power at home...

Emm... ADT... ok i will do some research on all these options :)

• Moderators

Colin,

You are right about the ADT thingy which alert home/office owner when there is a power trip.

Just to share this in case other bro out there is thinking of this solution.

From my own experience, this is not a 100% solution. I have exprience it myself that you found out the power failure before them. I called them and ask why I wasn't alert, their answer to me if is The alert from any possible break in will be ADT first priority.

Note that the security machine they installed has a battery life of 6-8 hours so that it can still monitor the premise with a power failure.

Tom

Note that the security machine they installed has a battery life of 6-8 hours so that it can still monitor the premise with a power failure.

Ic... that makes sense... i will surely find a solution pretty soon... and getting a UPS is almost definite... just a matter of brand, price and capacity :)

Thanks bro Hammy for selling this little gadget to me... with so many equipments running in my tank... no harm having it :)

post-34-1163350302.jpg

My first SPS frag from Jem... still the most meaningful piece to me... now I just need to slowly allow it to turn back to pink :eyebrow: Polyp extension very promising-looking :heh:

post-34-1163350437.jpg

Bro Godzilla... partial side tank view can? I will take FTS tomorrow :)

post-34-1163350532.jpg

veyr pretty sps frags u have there bro ! btw very nice coraline algae encrusted rocks too

Thanks bro BIGBEN :)

Here's a new tiny little fish I got from AM :heh:

post-34-1163416236.jpg

Transfered some fish from home tank today... this Mandarin looks very happy here :P

Shouldn't have problem finding pods to feed on as I have been adding copepods and amphipods (from home tank) into the office tank :nc:

post-34-1163416378.jpg