Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Bro Gouldian... what's beyond biohazardous? Nuclear substance? :lol::lol::lol: I don't even dare to smell it... ok I sometimes smell the gunk to make sure the quality :nuke:

:shock: Oh Jervis, U smell the gunk ? Tell me wat else u can't smell then... :bow: Well, at least the tank's corals and fishes are all alright. Must be worrisome for u abt the tank till u see it urself ya :lol:

For tat cupful of gunk, u could plant a whole lot of mangroves in there dude :P

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

Discovered something on my Scroll Coral... definitely not there 2 weeks ago... Nudis eggs or Snail eggs? Need help :nuke:

post-34-1194840547.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Nudi eggs are usuall spiral. hmmm.... first time I am seeing something like this.

Phew... luckily not Nudis... but why on this Scroll? The flow is a little strong and very exposed... any egg layer should consider the underside instead :cry:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Better not assume, why don't you post this ID pix at seaslugforum.net?

They are specialized in these creatures and may be able to help you.

Quickly before they hatch!

Sent them a message... thanks boss :bow:

New toy!!!

Product sharing HERE

post-34-1194925004.jpg

• SRC Member

am i smelling something? :ph34r:

did the new Fr-150 get u addicted to buying/upgrading more equipments? :lol:

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

am i smelling something? :ph34r:

did the new Fr-150 get u addicted to buying/upgrading more equipments? :lol:

Hehe... not exactly... I purposely tried running the FR150 ahead of my new tank so that I can really test it out before deciding whether to include it into my new plan... guess what... I think I might need 2 :lol::lol::lol:

No response from Seaslugforum.net yet... been a week :(

Anyway things are going smoothly for me... slowly making way for the new project :)

No response from Seaslugforum.net yet... been a week :(

Anyway things are going smoothly for me... slowly making way for the new project :)

For peace of mind, why dont you just siphon those eggs out? B)

For peace of mind, why dont you just siphon those eggs out? B)

I already did boss :heh:

Just an update... long delayed update actually :heh:

Things have been running smoothly for me for the past few weeks... slowly decommissioning my tank to get ready for the next.

Many of you have been asking me for more details about my next project.

Well... things are still being finalized. But if everything goes according to my plan, I will have a "resting" period of between mid Dec 07 to mid Feb 08 (about 2 months). This coincides with my business expansion plan, expecting more frequent travel to neighbouring countries to work more closely with our regional partners and alliances.

Let me take this opportunity to thank all of you for your kind support for the past year... and remember...

I'LL BE BACK... BABY :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow: (That's a promise)

Btw... I've been "poisoned" by the daily BBC bombardments on Global Warming... therefore I am commited to design a more sustainable reef tank.

Will share more information on this SUSTAINABLE concept with you guys along the way... and yes... being sustainable is good for the pocket too :lol:

I think I should start a new thread on this issue... I'm sure I can learn a lot from you guys too... let's leave behind a cooler climate for the coming generations to enjoy :)

• SRC Member

hey jervis ! long time, wonder if u remember me. just came back from aust. the army posted me there for a month, and so many things happened to ur thread/tank. as always i would say that u inspire me to get deeper pockets to sustain the hobby :evil: any recent FTS ?

• SRC Member

All the suspense is killing me... :sick:

Your tank has always been an inspiration... :bow:

Unfortunately, can only afford an RSM... :cry2:

Looking forward to your new set-up... ;)

B)

aquatronica7na.gif

Main Tank - DECOMMISSIONED ON 24.01.11

48"x24"x26" 12mm thick starfire crystal glass(3 sided) EOS with Black Silicon(Germany)

Sump Tank

32"x15"x20" complete with egg crate, bio-ball, top up reservoir

Equipments

Return Pump: AquaBee up7000

Skimmer: Skimz Monzter sm200 with AquaBee pin wheel and AquaBee up2000(Germany) as feed pump

CR: Skimz Monzter CM150 powered with AquaBee 2000i(Germany), solonoid valve and CO2 tank

FR: Skimz 150

MH Lighting: 2x250W Lumen bright(USA) MH pendant with 2x250W 12000k Reeflux bulb(USA), 250W Coralvue (USA) dimmable ballast

T5 Lighting: 2x54w ATI(Germany) high output T5 bulb with aluminium stand

Controller: Aquatronica ACS ADVANCE Package

Dosing: Aquatronica Dosing Pumps-ACQ450

Unfortunately, can only afford an RSM... :cry2:

Actually RSM is quite sustainable in terms of power consumption :)

Actually RSM is quite sustainable in terms of power consumption :)

taking a breather 1st and come back big ;)

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

• SRC Member
Btw... I've been "poisoned" by the daily BBC bombardments on Global Warming... therefore I am commited to design a more sustainable reef tank.

Will share more information on this SUSTAINABLE concept with you guys along the way... and yes... being sustainable is good for the pocket too :lol:

I think I should start a new thread on this issue... I'm sure I can learn a lot from you guys too... let's leave behind a cooler climate for the coming generations to enjoy :)

Good to know that there are more and more ppl concern about Mother Earth. Time to stop buying rare fishs/corals and support aquaculture.

<thumbs Up>

Cheers

JC

Good to know that there are more and more ppl concern about Mother Earth. Time to stop buying rare fishs/corals and support aquaculture.

<thumbs Up>

Cheers

JC

Emm... yeah that's one aspect of keeping the HOBBY SUSTAINABLE... I am actually more concern about power consumption which will be a long term liability... as long as the tank runs... and I can foresee electricity charges to go up steeply in the coming years :pinch::pinch::pinch:

Hopefully the upcoming world's largest Solar Panel plant in Singapore will make a difference in the way we generate power :angel: