New to Hobby.. Neeed Advice

xvtecx

• SRC Member

bro, no offence, your first post was opn 8 sept.....not only 14 sept....you sure you really fully cycle already????

go slow la....for a 2 footer, you need to be really really patient with it....i had a 2 footer running on an external canister filter once....had the tank running with only live rock for a month before putting in my first clown fish....stocking was done 1 fish a month, untill i have about 4 fish...first coral was a mushroon and that was put in only after 6 months....

in layman terms, i think you can roughly tell a true percula from a common clown fish, the black strips are more prononce then the common clown....of course price range is also the above $10 range....;)

hehe...

hi tineng bro, true i rushed abit early... haha.... but so far so good... i tested my water and its perfect now... and lost 3 chormis... with 2 left and corals are opening fine... will be monitoring it from now till next month before adding in anymore corals or fishes...

for True Percula Clown, i have check all the LFS ard le.. no good news....

=( they told me no season yet... got to wait... and it would cost me about nearly $100 SGD for a pair.... <--- (is it true it will cost me up to a hundred???)

any recomendations on where can i buy true percula clown on the spot without waiting??

• SRC Member

xvtecx, from what I have read. You are just making mistakes that most newbies make. Impatience. Stubborness.

If you do want to take your time to do your research, then just get ready to be a carrot head and buy true percula at 100 bucks a piece.

If you do not want to take your time to let your tank to let your tank develop slowly, then get ready to change fish every week.

This hobby is not really about deep pockets if you do it right.

Listen to what others say, think about what they say, or at least if you do want to think, then at least try out what is suggested. No one here in this forum offers you harmful advice. "Dose 1 teaspoon of rat poison in your tank every night to see the real colour of fish come out."

Not that I am asking you to listen to all advice blindly, but from what I am seeing, you are just blatantly ignoring advice given to you.

Just like life, Beauty and rewards in Marine Aquaria comes with a price. There is no easy way to it. Check out the member's tank sub-forum. Tell me, how many and whose tank is in there that is gorgeous and inspiring, but take less than 6 months to build up?

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

i now have patience already....

i'm lettting my tank run for almost 2 - 3 weeks already....

only a chormis and 2 soft corals inside....

now i'm going slow..... very very very slow.... dun wanna waste money liao....

thanks for all advice.... i'm lookin forward to more comments in future... i won't take it in heart.... feel free to comment... its how i learn... ^.^v

• SRC Member

bro.....i run my old 2 footer 1 month without anything, 2nd month with a single clown and corals after 6 months!!!! even my current office nano took 3 months before adding in my first fish!

I have also known another bro who left his tank only with saltwater and rocks for 6 months....the extreme is another one who only have rocks in a tub for and entire year (with water change, rowaphos and Deltec skimmer running!!!!)......i am suspecting there are ton of patient people that i don;t know....;)

Seriously....what you are doing cannot be consisder patient.....:D :D :D