Powder Brown Tang

They are diffcuilt if your tank condition is not good.......get ick very easily.

Next issue is food....once you get them to eat commercial food your battle is over.

They are colourful and aggressive. :lol:

It is up to you to interpret what you consider is good tank condition.

IMo they are relatively easier to keep compared to powder blue or even powder black as the 2 i mention are notoriously hard to acclimitize and have very bad survival record. IMO with good aeration and good water condition, you should have no problem keeping it.

Anyway as mogan says they get ick very easily and yes thats true in fact all acanthrus powder species of tangs are like that.

• SRC Member
IMo they are relatively easier to keep compared to powder blue or even powder black as the 2 i mention are notoriously hard to acclimitize and have very bad survival record. IMO with good aeration and good water condition, you should have no problem keeping it.

Anyway as mogan says they get ick very easily and yes thats true in fact all acanthrus powder species of tangs are like that.

fully agree that the powder tangs are really very diffcult to keep.dun seemed to be able to keep them successfully but my YT and PT and other fishes are living happily.

really very disappointed caused they are sooooooo beautiful especially powder blues.sighhhhh.......maybe will try again in 1 mths time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Have tried keeping this fish, Was OK, eating well until I changed the water and ich started on and off until the fish went up lorry in 10 day time.

Can try the Naso, think is more resistant to ich, got one here to a couple of month now, hopefully does go up the lorry too.

Yes PBrT is real beautiful, the Naso actually look like it except not as beautiful.

It should'nt be whether the fish is easy to keep.

It should be 'how can I keep the fish alive?'

Most fishes are easy to keep. Success depends on the person providing for it. ;)

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

large swimming area. IMO, I tik the easily tang to keep is the yellow one. maybe u can't see the ich so easily unless u stare hard. the rest of the majority, kenna ich easily.

powder brown tang is one of those kenna ich easily one.

Dunt know if its true but i have read that the best way to have multiple tangs in a tank is to introduce them together and get juvenile ones instead of adults...

Pls dun ever do that, IMo you need to have a tank of at least 10feet to hosue different tangs or have a TOT(tang only-tank)