izumo's house tank

izumo75

just replace your sieo with tunze will do in my opinion.

one side with the tuze, the other side the returm pump.

good cover for both side.

as yours is a partition tank, your scaping is in the center of your tank, this is an advantage of allowing better water circulation in the tank, less dead spot, so one tunze should be enough..

2cent :peace:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one tunze 6060 sufficient for the whole 4 ft tank? it's the cheapest range rite?

yup is the cheapest... imho it is enough..

as you are keeping mainly LPS..

do take note, never face your tunze directly to your coral..

one disavantage of 6060 and 6080, no speed control, you have to try and error to find the best direction for the tunze to suit you tank. sometimes it may even create sand storm to your tank :evil:

• SRC Member

i agree with bro sunnymau's thought that the central scaping is easier to have the detritus removed. but then, i do not agree that having a return on one side and having the seio on the other end will do good. cos i tried it, and wat i got was a turbulence at the other end of the tank, which is away from the wall. suspended particles juz got churned round and round at the other end of the tank, and hardly anything get washed into the overflow.

to overcome that, i placed the seio directly under the return, so that the current goes in a circular motion, but then, i am still unable to encourage suspended detritus to flow into the overflow. and also, i have a dead spot which is directly under my seio. quite bad in my opinion. have yet to figure out an idea to get rid of the suspended particles in the water.

• SRC Member
just taken this side view

bro, ur tank vvvery nice... i hope i can construct something like urs. :bow:

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

i agree with bro sunnymau's thought that the central scaping is easier to have the detritus removed. but then, i do not agree that having a return on one side and having the seio on the other end will do good. cos i tried it, and wat i got was a turbulence at the other end of the tank, which is away from the wall. suspended particles juz got churned round and round at the other end of the tank, and hardly anything get washed into the overflow.

to overcome that, i placed the seio directly under the return, so that the current goes in a circular motion, but then, i am still unable to encourage suspended detritus to flow into the overflow. and also, i have a dead spot which is directly under my seio. quite bad in my opinion. have yet to figure out an idea to get rid of the suspended particles in the water.

:lol: i mean it is only enough with tunze not sieo..

IMO to get rid of suspended particles also depends alot of what your filtration system and of course, your skimmer too..

if there are enough flow in the main tank to carry detritus, however the system cant mange it and skimmer unable to skim it out, in the end it will go back to the main tank <_<

2cent

if there are enough flow in the main tank to carry detritus, however the system cant mange it and skimmer unable to skim it out, in the end it will go back to the main tank <_<

Very good point there... :bow:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

urmz, i am quite confident my filtration system can do the work, but the thing is, the particles dun get pushed into the overflow box, so how to skim it out in the first place?

good way of knowing it is that suspended food will juz go round and round the display tank, and not get washed into the overflow box. even the particles on the water surface, also same thing. only the part nearest to the box gets washed in. the rest juz goes around in circles..

if you dun get what i am trying to say, come visit my tank some day. you will get what i am driving at...

i do understand what you mean :peace:

i just bring out another point there..

you still using the over flow box?

if yes, then you gotta check if the box can cope with the return rate.

erm.. not so nice to use others ppl thread to discuss so much lah.. think can discuss futher in you thread..

thanks bro izumo..

No prob all bros, i can learn a lot from this discussion.

I think i know what bro colinsoon meant, i can see a lot of small particles moving all around in my tank. I may need another wavemaker that can direct them towards the overflow.

Someone told me before that the seio is the cheaper type of tunze, comparing both of them are they having the same wave motion?

My sand anemone. I used to have a big golden maroon clown play in it. But since it died, i've not successfully gotten any new playmate for the anemone. All the new clownfishes i introduced never bother to play with it. Anyone got tips on how to pair the clownfish and anemone?

post-34-1158540972.jpg

• SRC Member

bro izumo75..very nice tank u have there..but looking at ur pics..u must have spent a bomb on them....esp the suns....solid men....

Henry Tan

Sembawang

3x1.5x1.5 2.5x1x1.5

LS

1xfire clown/ 1xyellow boxer

1xpercular/ 1xcoral beauty

1xboxer/ 2xfire shrimps

1xcoral beauty/ 2xfalse clowns

2xhawk fish/ 1xane crab

1xyellow tail damsel/ 2xcleaners

3xturbo snails

2xhermits

1xtomato clown

Set up.....

Sump - Done

DIY Cabinet - Done

DIY Overflow Pipe - Done

bro izumo75..very nice tank u have there..but looking at ur pics..u must have spent a bomb on them....esp the suns....solid men....

thanks bro. I managed to get some good deal for the corals actually. And for the sun coral it's not that expensive, much lower than most of the bidding result in SRC.