Parking Idiot???

Elune

• SRC Member

Stole tis picture from Parking Idiots.com (consider this as giving credit)

Contributed by PaLmEr:

This has got to be the photo of the month!! A copper parked at a disabled parking space!! Has our SPF decided to recruit disabled policemen? Naughty - parking on a disabled space without a valid label... what's the fine again? $400??!! I wonder what's the excuse...

Should have placed a Parking Idiot flyer on the windscreen, and let him come online and see his car here!!

Taken at Capitol Carpark on 12 Sep 2006 at about 1:00pm.

:bow::bow::bow:

post-11-1159279171.jpg

dancing_girl2.gifSpirit.gif

• SRC Member

disabled policeman?

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member

Imagine you are the one who called the cops, because of some guys outside your house threatening to kill you and burn your house.

After they managed to scare the crap out of you, and maybe burn half your house down, then the police man come.

You: "Why you so late?"

Policeman: "Sorry ah Sir, No parking lot."

You tell me, how will you feel?

Just because Singapore Police summon abit no chance, brainless Singaporeans will take all chances to blast SPF and jump to conclusions.

FYI, it has been verified that the Police officers had not done any wrong. The police car is a patrol car from Bukit Merah East NPC and the officers were attending to an urgent case. The parking was made after checking that all the lots including reserved lots are completely taken up and with the permission of the carpark management did the officers parked the car there with hazard lights on.

In fact, the carpark attendant booth was next to this lot and the officers were a stone throw away attending to the case.

Remember that if you dare and even bother to take photos and happily send to STOMP, why not have at least the moral courage or decency to clarify with the attendants and police officers whom at only a stone throw away.

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

hmmm, bro muar chee, ur statement raise further questions...

1) i think elune didnt say anything, he merely copied a quote from that parkingidiot blog and pasted it here... no words said. rite?

it has been verified that the Police officers had not done any wrong

2) Verified by whom?

the officers were attending to an urgent case. The parking was made after checking that all the lots including reserved lots are completely taken up and with the permission of the carpark management did the officers parked the car there with hazard lights on.

3) I park at Capitol Centre twice weekly for nite classes, so I am familiar with the carpark. If it were an urgent case, they would just have park outside along the road. No TP will book police cars. If it was urgent, why would they still have the time to enter the carpark, press the coin from the machine to raise the gantry, drive around the entire carpark to ascertain all lots are taken (including upstairs? there are more lots upstairs ya know?) , then check with the carpark management for permission to park? in addition, the "management" is never around, only 2 rotating security guards and an auntie. Hazard lights on? Where? the so-called "hazard" light on the left side of the car seems to be made by reflection from the camera flash. If they were on official duty, they wun have park inside this carpark, cuz exiting would require cash-payment, no cashcard.

the carpark attendant booth was next to this lot

4) Speaking from familiarity of this carpark, there was no carpark attendent BOOTH. This is a semi automated carpark (plastic-coin system). In fact, there is an office at the carpark (for the security and the auntie), but its like 20-30 metres away, at the other end of this disabled lot where the office has totally no view of this lot.

• SRC Member

1. My post was not directed at Elune. I am blasting Singaporeans generally.

2. Verified by STOMP with communications to SPF.

3. This is my assumption. Police officers do not usually park along the road, because of complain-happy Singaporeans. This is the instinct of all seasoned police officers. If can help, they will find proper place to park. For this case, they go into car park, go one round, no lot, so park disabled lot. They might have called secruity guard counter in penisula. Who knows? As for cash card, QX card never needed cash card to exit car park. All they have to do is press intercom button when exiting, declare vehicle number and they will be let out. How I know? I am ex-SPF.

4. Office has totally no view, but if someone really need the lot, they can drive round to the office, and then ask help.

then again, different people, different point of view. too many SPF and PAP haters in Singapore.

My needs are simple, so I am satisifed more easily, so thus happy more easily.

So what if SPF is strict and PAP is controlling? No big fat hairy deal for me. If not for SPF's strictness, I will not be living in such a safe country.

If not for PAP monopoly or control over the country, Singapore will not be so successful. Not implying that no one else could have done a better job, but this is good enough for me. From the slums countries that I visit, I am proud and feel lucky to be a Singaporean.

Not like in US or Canada, when I send my kids to school, I do not have to worry whether they will come back alive.

• SRC Member

Seems like a small thing has been blown into a big deal again.

Muar_chee, guess u could have practiced abit of reserve by not jumping into politics and s'poreans so promptly, and it doesnt help tat you were ex-SPF, so its kinda making u look bad... :pinch:

On the other hand, its true that many S'poreans are ungrateful and have not seen enuff of the world.

I guess S'poreans have been so suppressed from speaking openly, that these are perfect chances for them to 'lash out' at a very strict and autocratic Govt.

In any case, imagine if the same excuses were given by a civilian, to a parking warden or TP? Do look at it from both sides of the story, as my friends and I have fallen victim to several ridiculous parking fines, so I feel for the unhappy lot too.

Hope I never offend anyone. If I did, please do not hesitate to discuss it openly...

hmmm, bro muar chee, ur statement raise further questions...

1) i think elune didnt say anything, he merely copied a quote from that parkingidiot blog and pasted it here... no words said. rite?

2) Verified by whom?

3) I park at Capitol Centre twice weekly for nite classes, so I am familiar with the carpark. If it were an urgent case, they would just have park outside along the road. No TP will book police cars. If it was urgent, why would they still have the time to enter the carpark, press the coin from the machine to raise the gantry, drive around the entire carpark to ascertain all lots are taken (including upstairs? there are more lots upstairs ya know?) , then check with the carpark management for permission to park? in addition, the "management" is never around, only 2 rotating security guards and an auntie. Hazard lights on? Where? the so-called "hazard" light on the left side of the car seems to be made by reflection from the camera flash. If they were on official duty, they wun have park inside this carpark, cuz exiting would require cash-payment, no cashcard.

4) Speaking from familiarity of this carpark, there was no carpark attendent BOOTH. This is a semi automated carpark (plastic-coin system). In fact, there is an office at the carpark (for the security and the auntie), but its like 20-30 metres away, at the other end of this disabled lot where the office has totally no view of this lot.

From the tone of wat bro muar chee hae replied, it seems more likely that he might have heard some information regarding this complaint.. Would anyone just post wat he had said without concrete evidence? I guess it would be wise to wait for the SPF side to give a reply before we jump to conclusions.

Also, from a neutral point of view, on the part of wat Bro Ah-kent said, his experiences involving the number of carpark staff on duty relates more to parking in the evening whereas the incident took place in the day. You can tell from the lighting in the background. I am not saying whose is right or wrong. Wat i am emphasizin is we shouldn't be too quick to judge when we are not aware of the fulll facts.

Lastly, on the debate whether the hard light is on or the orange lights is caused by the flash, a simple test using a digicam would tell us the answer.

Hope I won't be flamed for this post, cuz I've posted out of goodwill.. No point let a picture ruin the harmony within our community! Cheers!

• SRC Member

wedgee, no worries. It just irks me to see ppl slamming an organisation that I am proud to be once part of full time and now once a year for reservist. I am just the kind of patrotic fool, as I quote Imran Johari from TalkingCock in Parliment, "I will bleed to dye my country flag red." You do not know how happy and excited I get when I get my recall order. Appreciate your comments though.

• SRC Member

Well, it takes alot of courage to admit one is patriotic, in my opinion! Although I hate the way things are tightly controlled and regulated here, it really amazes me how we managed to keep it so safe and prosperous despite all the crap tats goin on ard this region!

I dare say I will stay and fight anyone who comes into our country and tries anything funny, cause the ones they kill/rape/pilfer, may be our loved ones...But on the other end, I hate the stiff way that the govt works and really hope we can break free from the old ways of management (I know cause I was a regular for seven bloody years)

We are really :off: but can't help it hehe!

• SRC Member

Just curious, I believe (heard) Sg policemans are nice and honourable, right? compare to those -pariah- at northland (where I'm stuck at).

Or is it that every enforcement officers (exclude politicians) are same the whole globe? (Crows are all the same black everywhere)

• SRC Member

i do not know about the northern pariah, as I never encounter them before.

But definately way better than the sourthern pariah. I used to go to Batam often for business.

Even your NSF VC has more integrity than a ranked officer in the south.