Range : 0.0 - 14.0 pH

Resolution : u. 1 pH

Accuracy : +-0.1 pH (@20oC)

Typical EMC Deviation : +- 0.2 pH

Environment : 0 to 50 oC / 95% RH

Batteries Life: 3X1.5V alkaline approx. up to 700 hrs of USE

Dimension : 15X3X2.4 CM

Weight : 85g

This test kit comes with everything you see here. The electronic Pen, a screwdriver for zeroing / calibrating, a pack of ~20ml pH 7 buffer for zeroing/calibrating, two instruction manual(chinese/english) and a box for stowing everything.

post-14-1066293984.jpg

• SRC Member

The pen needs a bit of calibrating to use... as it was already calibrated in the factory so all i did was to confirm that. A little dip in the buffer was all it needed. I also use a film case to hold the buffer for future calibration, althoough the manual stat that the buffer was for one use! The pen read the pH level in less then a second.

Switching it on and off was a breezes too, the switch is similar to the torchlight type and as soon as it is turned on, it is responsive!

My pH test kit reads only 7.2, 7.6, 8, 8.4, and the test colour result was between 8 to 8.4. My pen read 8.2, so confirming its not faulty!

Will do an update on it life span and how long it will stay calibrated!

:lol:

post-14-1066294596.jpg

I've bought it from Petmart. Didn't see any ph7 buffer solution inside. Something strange:-

1) After keeping it for 2 weeks, reading shows 7.8, need to recalibrate.

2) When I dip it in tap water immediately after a test on saltwater, it gives higher reading. Dip it in ph7 buffer, read 7.0, back to tap water, it gives correct reading.

Is all these normal?

S$65 without ph7 buffer. :( $5 for the buffer, but in bigger container :P

The instruction says have to apply certain solution on probe for storage, did you do that? Probablly this will prolong its life span. Pour some buffer solution in the cap will also do.

Hi

you could try getting the same ph tester from Wxxxx Cxxxxx for S$55 plus ph7 buffer or just S$48.00 forthe tester only. BTW the Milwakee ph testers are OEM from Hanna.

i understand Wxxxx Cxxxxx also provide free calibration of the meters sold in their shop.

hope this info helps

• SRC Member

Darn!!!! Should have post b4 i buy!!! Anyway, I was in shop when its about to close, they pull the gate down liao, if dun buy anything s-kali they let the dogs out!!!! :cry:

Who let the dogs out who who who who......

:evil:

:peace:

I was using Hanna test pen for the last 1 year without any problem, but recently when I tried to calibrate it with ph 7 solution, it just refused to come down to 7. Have since stopped using it. Can anyone help? :thanks:

Probably the probe (i.e. glass tip) has come to an end of its useful live.