Interviewers can be so moronic

seamonkee

• SRC Member

time have change already. Employees regulary change job as soon as they can grab one with better pay - no need to concern themself with the handover process and it is now the company's problem.... yet when they are retrench/fire, they complain about the world being unfair.....sometime, i find things really weird.....

A number of orgainsation ask really tough question during interview (sometime to the point of embrassment), but sometime its really the fact that they have to make sure the potential hire have the maturaty and 'steadness' to handle potential tough problem/customer, don't fall into all these emotional trap by making 'smart alek remarks', you will only be confirming what the interviewer is suspecting all along - to me, interview is a mind game - the tougher or 'moronic' its seems, the more i would want to win them over - of course, evetually, i am the one deciding if i want the job......:)

• SRC Member

It's those interviewers that shoot themselves in the foot and don't really listen to what they actually says that irritate me... Like my N F**ks experience... :lol:

I agree with AT... that's the same consolation that my wife gave me... I'm applying for a HRD job... so technically it means I will be in the same department as the HR Department and those who interview me... If they can be so moronic in their interview process, I am less impressed to work with them in the same department.

Trouble in our country is that we want to adopt Western methodology in our way of hiring and rewarding people... e.g. Contract jobs, Pay=competency level, Downsizing... Yet on the other hand, we want to hold on to our Asian culture of valuing someone in loyalty, pay=rank, etc...

Honestly, we are in the juncture of neither here nor there.. trouble is, most HR practitioners blindly adopt these western methodologies and yet not aware of its implications to other values and making the necessary adjustments... mish mash... :lol:

Haha... But hey, thanks to those who have encouraged... ;)

• SRC Member
time have change already. Employees regulary change job as soon as they can grab one with better pay - no need to concern themself with the handover process and it is now the company's  problem.... yet when they are retrench/fire, they complain about the world being unfair.....sometime, i find things really weird.....

A number of orgainsation ask really tough question during interview (sometime to the point of embrassment), but sometime its really the fact that they have to make sure the potential hire have the maturaty and 'steadness' to handle potential tough problem/customer, don't fall into all these emotional trap by making 'smart alek remarks', you will only be confirming what the interviewer is suspecting all along - to me, interview is a mind game - the tougher or 'moronic' its seems, the more i would want to win them over  - of course, evetually, i am the one deciding if i want the job......:)

U sounded like a psychologist, bro... :P:D:lol:

• SRC Member

I read this before. by a MD of some big company.

" Nowadays, we cannot adopt japanese style of grading loyalty. Those who stay in the company for more then 10 yrs, can we say that they are loyal? or are they just staying in the company slowly draining the company's wealth by not contributing to the well-being of the company. Neither can we say that those that just join the company is not as loyal as the old timer. They might be contributing so much more to the company to help the company grow and advance."

• SRC Member

No wonder tineng stands on the interviewer's side... :P

You ingrateful bro... :P

BTW, I do conduct interviews myself in the past.. so can differentiate when interviewer is being pure moronic or just wanting to test you... :lol:

• SRC Member

:) :).....now i interview people but does not mean i wouldn't be interviewed in the future....

but seriously, i always felt that a interviewer if does his job right shouldn't not be wasting his time and the interviewee's time by asking questions without reasons....for me, even small talk has to serve a purpose and if i put a person under stress by asking tough questions (but never personally humilating question) is that i need to know how he behaves under tough questioning as some of my customer are really not easy to deal with.....

• SRC Member
:) :).....now i interview people but does not mean i wouldn't be interviewed in the future....

but seriously, i always felt that a interviewer if does his job right shouldn't not be wasting his time and the interviewee's time by asking questions without reasons....for me, even small talk has to serve a purpose and if i put a person under stress by asking tough questions (but never personally humilating question) is that i need to know how he behaves under tough questioning as some of my customer are really not easy to deal with.....

Tough questions to test how well you fair when handling customers.. this i agree is necessary to see how the interviewee cope... esp in the service industry.

Its those interviewers who ask questions without a purpose for the sake of "sounding" impressive but not knowing what they are talking about or listen to what the interviewee is saying and then pass a quick judgement that irritates the hell out of me.

Its a total waste of the interviewee's time...

What irks me about the N F**ks interview is that I happened to catch a glance of the interview coordinator's list of interviewees... They got one whole list of at least 30 candidates or so to interview....

Out of 30 candidates, I'm surprised none of them fit their bill?!? Because in two weeks' time after that interview, the post was out on Recruitment page again and again... repetitively for another 2 months or so... for a good one year!

And to imagine I thought the person who was interviewed before me carries himself well because we met on his way out of the office.

Blah to that company.... <_<

• SRC Member

job interview just a game..

you play the game by they rule or

they play the game by your rule.

main thing is understand what they want from

the post and only talk on wat they want.

Except u r dump good.. no need interview, by resume

can offer you a job.