Vivo City Carpark System

jervismun

Went to Vivo City yesterday... as part of my job... I studied their car park system briefly... I shall talk less, show more (my trademark) :lol:

Totally automated with 10000 sensors all over the place... just follow the sign... when it shows "0"... no point turning in lah :lol:

post-11-1161309164.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

I particularly like the "beacons" on top of each lot... from afar you can see if there's any available slots before making the turn... if you see GREEN... GO FOR IT!!!

post-11-1161309332.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Another closer view :o

post-11-1161309473.jpg

BLUE is for handicap btw :idea:

post-11-1161309574.jpg

But things can get a little out of hand when they OVERDO it... so damn confusing... should I look at the signs above... or incoming cars below? ;)

post-11-1161309731.jpg

A Capitaland Mall's signature... very distinct escalator lobby... I LIKE!!!

Ok that's all folks!!!

Important: Dunno why... parking was free yesterday... Thursday lunch time...

post-11-1161309867.jpg

i thought this system has been in plaza Sing long time ago ;) IMM also about the same :P Any difference ?

Yes this is a newer version than the Plaza Sing... u see those "beacons" on top of each parking lot with Green, Red and Blue light? Those are new feature :D

to those who are driving there, beware of the white van running around trying to trick you into buying hi-fi/home theatre equipment... the were there running around when I went last week. :ph34r:

Yes I met that WHITE VAN!!!

• SRC Member

The worst new building carpark must go to Cathay building. Given that it is demolished and rebuild, they have definitely done a super bad job in the carpark system. In fact i swore never to visit that place ever. No wonder the tenants were complaining about the lack of crowd. I think it is doomed to fail.

IMM has my vote for good parking system. It has the same system as in VIVO city and is very user freindly.

Whoever comes up with the sensor system sure make it big liow. Many urban malls have since implemented the sytem.

• SRC Member
The worst new building carpark must go to Cathay building. Given that it is demolished and rebuild, they have definitely done a super bad job in the carpark system. In fact i swore never to visit that place ever. No wonder the tenants were complaining about the lack of crowd. I think it is doomed to fail.

IMM has my vote for good parking system. It has the same system as in VIVO city and is very user freindly.

Whoever comes up with the sensor system sure make it big liow. Many urban malls have since implemented the sytem.

YES the carparks at cathay is really bad. i cant find the exit to the shops the first time i was there ... the ones at vivo is pretty gd, but yet again i got trouble with the exist... or maybe its juz me haha

• SRC Member

sorry off topic a little,anyone know how those van people trick passerby to buy hifi system? I was approached once while stopping at traffic junction & the guys in the van said he wanted to give me free hifi but I have to stop in front to get it <_<

I don't trust such a good deal so I just drive on

really wondering what is their motive

I was told most of these guys are malaysian

sorry off topic a little,anyone know how those van people trick passerby to buy hifi system? I was approached once while stopping at traffic junction & the guys in the van said he wanted to give me free hifi but I have to stop in front to get it <_<

I don't trust such a good deal so I just drive on

really wondering what is their motive

I was told most of these guys are malaysian

I got a feeling those machines are either parallel imported or through illegal avenues... probably from "house break-in" or pawn shops. I dun think the hi-fi come from Malaysia as bringing them over to thru custom is not entirely easy. Well... there are all sorts of people in this world... remember those little girls in Orchard... "sir, are you a Singaporean?' :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

the hifi's are just cheapo no brand ones that they try to trick you into thinking they cost a lot...

and they always say it's FREE when actually it's not.. they ask for a few hundred dollars "coffee money" for them... here's how the ploy works:

1. They approach unsuspecting drivers in carparks, ask them if they are interested in Hi-Fi equipment and say it's free

2. After they lure you to their van, they will weave a story about how their warehouse screw up and gave them extra pieces of the super expensive european brand hi-fi... so being the nice honest people that they are, they want to let you have it for way below "market rates"

3. They continue to weave their story about how good the hi-fi is, and even prepare rather realistic looking brochures to coax you into thinking that parting with your hard earned $800 is worth it for a speaker/home entertainment unit/etc that's worth basically close to nothing..

4. You stupidly agree to pay $###### and get conned... If you don't agree they will suddenly turn hostile and sometimes poke fun at you for not being able to afford it etc etc...

It's happened to many bros in singapore and around the world, ALWAYS the same ploy, ALWAYS...

My dad got conned into it, so now I have 2 big ###### speakers (thankfully working!) in my studio.. since no point throwing them away...

My dad's lucky, there are some bros out there who went home to find inside their speaker is nothing but air...

Take heed!!

Back to the point.. agreed.. Cathay's parking is HORRIBLE...

• Moderators

Yes this is a newer version than the Plaza Sing... u see those "beacons" on top of each parking lot with Green, Red and Blue light? Those are new feature :D

Bro Wonder, u r right on the IMM protion. This is the first building to have the light sensor.

I go to IMM regularly as I stay in the west. I notice that the sensor cannot be trusted at time. It may show green light but when u drive near u see a damn car there. Likely sensor issue i think.

This carpark lot availablility and sensor thing will be a trademark for all capitaland mall. New and upgraded.

Tom