recoverable or down the toilet?

kevink

• SRC Member

wake up today found out 2 of my mushroom look melted kinda. think i should remove it before it completely melted away or leave it on the LR? moved the whole rock left a bit i think the anemone was touching it causing it to melt.... :angry:

post-71-1162618197.jpg

Yes, definitely it's your anemone that causes the mushroom to melt off. My anemone killed my hammer and bubble, I hate anemone moving around. You do not have to throw them away, the rest are quite healthy. Just leave it and they will grow big and healthy. Be sure not to let your anemone move too close to them. Feed your anemone well, so that they won't kill prey for food. Best is to feed they with meat weekly.

Me also facing the same problem but I don't think they melting because of my BTA but i suspected the culprit is a crab in my tank because before they melt they look like being cut by something. But I did saw my shrooms that touch by my BTA and after that they start to bleach but still not melting.

• SRC Member
Me also facing the same problem but I don't think they melting because of my BTA but i suspected the culprit is a crab in my tank because before they melt they look like being cut by something. But I did saw my shrooms that touch by my BTA and after that they start to bleach but still not melting.

never places the mushy near any stinging corals like hammer,torch,frogsprawn, bubbles and octo. They will get sting badly. :(

As for the crabs that u suspect that cut up ur shrooms, try to set ur a trap to get the pest out. While the shrooms may seems to be bleach, given some time and if the tank perimeters are good , the colors will be back. Try do water change often :lol:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

well i did place it on the far right side on the tank stayed there for bout a month the wala wake up 1 morning and its in the tunnel i made for my tang :angry:

o well it seems like its settling down in there so should be ok now.

i just notice most of my corals are on the higher end of the toxic list..... elegances, hammer, anemones, frogspawn hmmmm..... :blink: