• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
whoaaaa.. DPM #2

for beginner... you are doing very good!

investing on the right stuff

keep up!

honestly.. im still using those lousy hydrometer

Desperate Poor Man u mean? :lol:

far from doing good... like u said me still beginner, the journey is long... still got lots of things to learn..... ;)

Cheers.........

Ok let me think of a funnier one... oh at the beginning... I didn't know Actinic and Blue T5 are different kinds... I always thought Actinic Blue is the same thing... so embarassing when I mentioned that to some LFS... then I get totally mixed up :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
even though you're beginner but can see that u hv done your homework well... we can learn together along the way from the expert here :lol:

btw I'm a beginner also who discover pods in my tank and got panic :paiseh:

hi, nice for u to drop by..homework? haha. i have tuition everynight by some of the reefers here....

understand that you guys (see i always visit ur thread) are chionging LFS this Sat, too bad I'm not available else I could be your Taxi...keke....

pls keep me in the loop for future trips.....

oh ya.. good catch of the 50kg of LR.. i would be most glad to off load some from you if u don't need all........ let me know....

tks........

understand that you guys (see i always visit ur thread) are chionging LFS this Sat, too bad I'm not available else I could be your Taxi...keke....

You and your HONDA STEAM :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Hi all,

fwah.. long time never update on my P90...been busy with work and family...

But actually nothing much to update, still cycling the tank... but got one qns though...like something wrong with my LR, pls see pix: 71572123.jpg

may i know what are the mouldy-look-alike patches on the LR? are they harmful to my tank?

:thanks::thanks:

• SRC Member
u didnt get cure rocks?

use toothbrush to brush it off, bound to have nitrate spike tho

have to change sum water after cycling ur tank

and great tank u have there ;)

ermm.. it is used LR from some reefer's tank...

actually what are those? sponge? So mati mati must remove one har?

:thanks::thanks:

• SRC Member

look like mould to me from the pic

try brushing wif toothbrush and see if it comes off easily

otherwise should be sponge

if so just leave it be or u can oso brush it off

wont cos harm unless its dying then the rocks will smell like hell

• SRC Member
who Sold u the LR ? got a feeling u have been cheated! should haveget those quality LR frm cf abit pricy but Surely worth it

fwah "cheated"? not so serious la, dun use the word la... i dirty old man , got nothing for others to cheat la... keke........... :angel:

fwah "cheated"? not so serious la, dun use the word la... i dirty old man , got nothing for others to cheat la... keke........... :angel:

Well... at least I cheated you... if not how come your Pink Glove is at my house :lol:

• SRC Member
Wah bro,

your rocks will take some time to cycle.  Are you adding in any bacteria to turbo boost your cycling process?

hi sapp,

nong nong time no 'see'..how's ur recent trip?

thought of getting the AquaPharm Instant Bacter.. you think useful or waste of money?

:thanks:

I CAN SMELL UPDATES!!! :eyebrow:

• SRC Member

Those "mouldy" stuff are normal. Its juz those aerobic bacteria doing their job. U should be having quite high NH4 and NO2 now. Will probably take another 2 weeks or more till the tank is cycled.

Having lots of patience in this hobby is very impt.

Cheers

JC