PingPong's First (AquaMedic Percula 90)

pingpong

• SRC Member
Hi all,

Could anyone be kind enough to suggest methods to hang the Hamilton MH pendant to the ceiling?

There are no hook/connector on the pendant, so i presume the pendant is to be hang with the thick power cable, and the cable is strong enough over long period?

Would prefer if the height of the pendant be adjusted at will..

:thanks::thanks:

could u snap a closer look at ur pendant Mh ? tat may helps rather than imagine how ur lights could be fitted on ur ceiling. :)

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

could u snap a closer look at ur pendant Mh ? tat may helps rather than imagine how ur lights could be fitted on ur ceiling. :)

as requested, closer view of the MH lite.....

72361240.jpg

all suggestions to hang the lite to the ceiling are welcome

Happy New Year!!

• SRC Member

Worms! Worms! Worms!

New Year Present from my Tank! :sick::sick::sick::(:(:(

This one is nasty, close to 6-7inches long, looks like a centipede....looks like a Bobbit Worm:

72420876.jpg

Warao this one is even longer, close to 10 inch liao, though diameter not as big as the Bobbit:

72420877.jpg

ai...........think there are more in my tank..........

• SRC Member

Need more advice here. Looking for pump for my Skimz FR. Two choices Eheim Compact 600 or Compact 1000, spec as follows:

Eheim Compact 600:

* Pump Output: 160 gph

* Max Head: 4.3 ft

* Dimensions: 2.5" x 1.8" x 3.3"

* Weight: 1.0 lb

Eheim Compact 1000:

* Pump Output: 265 gph

* Max Head: 6.6 ft

* Dimensions: 3.0" x 2.1" x 3.7"

* Weight: 1.5 lb

The P90 should be around 75Gallon tank ba.... which one would be a better choice? As the Skimz has not bracket for hanging onto the tank, the FR will be placed on the floor... so the Compact 1000 would be better choice or 600?

use compact 600 should be more than enough

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

• SRC Member
Worms! Worms! Worms!

New Year Present from my Tank! :sick::sick::sick::(:(:(

This one is nasty, close to 6-7inches long, looks like a centipede....looks like a Bobbit Worm:

72420876.jpg

Warao this one is even longer, close to 10 inch liao, though diameter not as big as the Bobbit:

72420877.jpg

ai...........think there are more in my tank..........

DIE DIE DIE!!!

these f@#$! must DIE!!!!!!!!!! :evil::evil::evil:

• SRC Member
The P90 should be around 75Gallon tank ba.... which one would be a better choice? As the Skimz has not bracket for hanging onto the tank, the FR will be placed on the floor... so the Compact 1000 would be better choice or 600?

PP if the FR sit on the floor, the C600 to weak to pump water back to the tank... any way to elevate the FR

• SRC Member

PP if the FR sit on the floor, the C600 to weak to pump water back to the tank... any way to elevate the FR

dude,

still looking for a stand/table to be placed beside the tank, so that the FR could be place on the table, in the meanwhile the FR will be on the floor... thought putting the FR on a stool/chair.. but like very the unstable...ai.............

how how?

Compact 1000?

:idea::idea::idea:

• SRC Member

Actually for your P90, I think phosban reactors 150 fit better ;)

Go back petmart and exchange la :lol:

C1000 over power for yor FR and consump to much wattage :whistle

u win liao now then tell me... that day diam diam.........

ai........... :cry::cry:

i go sleep liao............. :cry::cry:

• SRC Member

welcome to this agony, many frustration hobby... :D Jus like the many worms tat u spotted from the rocks. This is part of the hobby :evil:

Well, For me, i would think the eheim 600 is sufficient. FR do not need strong flow and u only need to pump back into the sump. Therefore I would suggest 600 to do its job well.

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
Well, For me, i would think the eheim 600 is sufficient. FR do not need strong flow and u only need to pump back into the sump. Therefore I would suggest 600 to do its job well.

his tank is 'sumpless' :lol: C600 only sufficient if he elevate the FR... by doing that it will destroy the asthetic of P90 in my opinion

• SRC Member
welcome to this agony, many frustration hobby... :D Jus like the many worms tat u spotted from the rocks. This is part of the hobby :evil:

ya this is sure a very frustrating hobby.. with so many decision to make for a very indecisive newbie like me.. :(:( .. but luckily got lots of helpful forumers like you all to help all........ :bow::bow:

some question first, flowrate thru FR don't have to be strong coz we would like to allow more time for the water to react with the media? Like what Hammy told me about giving more time for the chaeto to react with water before pumping the water out?

:thanks:

• SRC Member

his tank is 'sumpless' :lol: C600 only sufficient if he elevate the FR... by doing that it will destroy the asthetic of P90 in my opinion

hmm... how about i elevate the FR and place it behind the P90, like this:

72447350.jpg

like that Compact 600 can do its job and the whole setup looks neater.....

• SRC Member
more water in means more water out. means water flows thru the media at a much faster rate, whichalso means the water wun haf much contact time with the media...

so how strong is your strong??

so what flowrate would you recommend for a FR, in particular Skimz?

:thanks:

• SRC Member
hmm... how about i elevate the FR and place it behind the P90, like this:

Good morning PP...Looks good B) still maintain the beauty of P90 :upsidedown:

so what flowrate would you recommend for a FR, in particular Skimz?

Compact 600 can do its job now, just control th flow until the media fluidised like the want you saw at Iwarna