RARE ZOANTHID

Zoos

• SRC Member
Jason, your buttons color seems to be the same as mine..but i got mine at $5/- last time for one palm size rock fully covered. No offence, but i don't think the buttons you have would turn into the colors as shown on the first pic.

Definitely not the same species lah.....

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Got from Ric also. Although the polyps are still quite small, but the colours are getting closer to those he posted with time. A little more patience lah guyz :rolleyes: The luminous colours will stand out more under actinic lights (and of cos under my radium MH) .You won't see those bright colours under normal lightings or normal flash photography

ps:Day, those zoos pics u posted are not those that Ric are selling lah , those $5 ones I also have :peace:

• SRC Member
reeff Posted on Nov 1 2003, 05:19 PM

Got from Ric also. Although the polyps are still quite small, but the colours are getting closer to those he posted with time. A little more patience lah guyz  The luminous colours will stand out more under actinic lights (and of cos under my radium MH) .You won't see those bright colours under normal lightings or normal flash photography

ps:Day, those zoos pics u posted are not those that Ric are selling lah , those $5 ones I also have 

Hee...seems the same from far mah :)

dankoo Posted on Nov 1 2003, 09:18 PM

I got from him too...open up nicely...believe it is the one he posted too...just have to wait a while... ...attached is my pic 

The buttons is nice from the pic dankoo posted.. a great diff from what jason posted.

I have given you the correct zoos.

Firstly, from the picture you posted.

A) You must have taken with FLASH.

The pic that I posted are taken by professionals with the most high tech camera

equipments.

RESULTS: The zoos turn out a bit different in your pic.

Secondly, the zoos in your pic.

B) the zoos are not getting enough lights.

I recommended the last time to put it at a place where your lighting is the strongest at least

for a while to let the color become more intense.

Your pic doesn't suggest so.

C) is your lighting enough for your tank?

I am using 83W for my NANO 5.45 Gallon tank.....which only amounts to 20L

(18" L x 10" H x 7" W)

This is how the zoos turn out in my tank after getiing enough lighting.....

Thanks for the advise. I will give it more light.

mine isnt as nice yet..still waiting for them to colour up...when I got them....they had lost most of their colours.. :(

noticed the centre colour quite different from original...not dark blue..but white leh :huh:

post-10-1067698299.jpg

• SRC Member
mine isnt as nice yet..still waiting for them to colour up...when I got them....they had lost most of their colours.. :(

noticed the centre colour quite different from original...not dark blue..but white leh :huh:

Er......your macro shot of the zoos.....hmmmm :sick:

I think it is quite an unfair comparison btw the 2 pics. :erm:

Refer to the pic taken by dankoo........or by me earlier. :yeah:

That should be more accurate and fair... :peace:

• SRC Member

frankly...i do not think the colour is going to change. I got it since the next day the post is up. its an eyesore in my tank now.

Any takers? maybe the colour will change you know..haha :lol:

Quite dissapointed about your statement made...... :(

You are second to buy the zoos....I am puzzled why your zoos still dun color up? :huh:

Mine did.....

Are you pampering them with enough light?

Refer to the pic taken by dankoo or me...your zoos should be like that.

Er......your macro shot of the zoos.....hmmmm :sick:

I think it is quite an unfair comparison btw the 2 pics. :erm:

Refer to the pic taken by dankoo........or by me earlier. :yeah:

That should be more accurate and fair... :peace:

I will wait and see...hope the centre portion will colour up and turn blue like the ones you have posted... anywa, dankoo's pece is white centred as well

Anyway..I am not picking at you lah, Ric bro....I am just saying that mine looks like that..glad to wait till they colour up to the ones posted by you...quite disappointed that you treated it as a shot at you. Maybe due to previous exp?

Well.....

its not my style to come back after a sale to question the pdt... so dun worry...to prevent further misunderstanding..I'll get my corals off LFS and farms in future...cheers :peace:

*btw....I still think you have sold the reefers some veri nice zoos :lol:

• SRC Member
the nice zoos pics is taken from

http://www.reef-life.com/g_zoanthids.html

heh..

maybe actual pic may give reefers an actual pic..

if u got such colour ones as Travis E. Staut, I would love to have em..

** also u using Staut pic w his blessing..??

i think u need permission to use his pics :)

But wow very very cool zoos that web page has :)

The beauty of soft corals ..

I got the zoanthid from Zoo last week. Then placed directly under my 150W 10KK MH 5" deep. Now the color come out very nice just like in the photo. Very worth it. The frag I got has one "big" one, maybe a mushroom but the color also very nice.

maybe u like to post a pic..?

a pic speaks a thousand words.

Here's a photo.

Taken on 26th Oct that is last sunday. Sorry for the super lousy shot as this was a "test" shot and the only one I've currently. I will take a better one this evening when I reach home and I will post it for you.

However you can have an idea of the color :P The color is much better now since it's exposed longer under the MH.

rare_zoo.jpg

• SRC Member
Anyway..I am not picking at you lah, Ric bro....I am just saying that mine looks like that..glad to wait till they colour up to the ones posted by you...quite disappointed that you treated it as a shot at you. Maybe due to previous exp?

Well.....

its not my style to come back after a sale to question the pdt... so dun worry...to prevent further misunderstanding..I'll get my corals off LFS and farms in future...cheers :peace:

*btw....I still think you have sold the reefers some veri nice zoos :lol:

Hey....I was not offended at all :huh:

Were my words that strong that suggested so??? Hehe...

Anyway, let them bathe in your lights for a longer time.

They will color up. ;)

• SRC Member

i think u need permission to use his pics :)

But wow very very cool zoos that web page has :)

The beauty of soft corals ..

Not really as you can see that his pic already includes his

name and web add.

No conflict of interest here at all... ;)