DI cartridges

Maxima

• SRC Member
I have read the comments about the local DI. Just wants to share something with u guys more about DI system. As wat Maxima mentioned about the phosphate reading and about wat the <dont get con or DAM fool> etc. I am neutral with this product and would like to solve the problems used by the people in the first place.

About wat Awnsers had early mentioned, when a new di media is freshly used at the reading of zero Conductivity in the first place u should test it. When u used to a certain volume with a higher reading of conductivity or even exhausted then u will get the phosphate reading. Iam working in the hospital and also needs to handle DI water sometimes. Wat i know is that all media are not manufacture local. S`pore dont have this kind of talent manufacturer till now in Manufacture in resins. DI system no matter how, does not contains phosphate at all, when it is at zero conductivity and with the proper n correct ways of test methods used. I saw the local T design and personnally feel that this manufacturer has a high creative in this product in its way. It may looked simple but with full of pratical n mechanical reasons behind of doing n fixing in such a way.  For the past few years, the tube designs had never heard of phosphate problems during the fresh media from friends.

Think about it guys? Why some hobby personnel with years in reef using DI/RO n their live rocks does not have black alage when topping up or changing water?

Hi Depth,

BTW, I used the output water from DI tubes & cartridges at 20 litre & 150 litre point. So both product are petty new!!!! :blink: As for professional testing, BTW, the MNC I work has a division that is the Global top life science test & measurement company. I do think my salifert and Seachem test kit is good enough, BTW my SPS tank register 0.01ppm ~0.03ppm PO4 and this is conduct on a water collection test plate of 8X4 vs the "SO-CALLED" DI product from LFS. My point here is "IT IS NOT THAT DI DOESN'T WORK, JUZ THAT WHATEVER SO CALLED DI PRODUCT THAT HAS BEEN SOLD HERE IS NOT WORKING AS ADVERT NOR ANYTHING NEAR A GENUINE DI SHOULD WORK".

Honestly, I can't even brother to get it tested at my company lab. Since there is no disparity between 2 test kit of 4 test each at different collection pt and flow rate + test references done on my own reef tank's water with every of the 4 test.

You seems to support this product base on your experience, maybe you want to spend some money to get a inidividual lab report.-> I already spend nearly $400 for this 2 piece of crap :angry::angry: .

:blink:

Max

• SRC Member

We should put the water samples through a mass spect and end this once and for all.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

Hi everyone,

I have checked with everyone who used the tube n T new design for those who has been using for the past few years n its about for the past +- 6years" local made". They claimed so far facing without any problems at all! Some even claimed this product had saved their tank n even the animals lives. Even in the 1000 n the only one who has ever faced a problem, just bring it back n the supplier will give a responsible response. HE or SHE Will do something about it.

Well most people bought it n they have no problems!!!

Anyway, i heard that M.L or other outlets now provide free phosphate test with the cartridge to be bring there or even O.P .

Will as wat the above name mentioning about wat about those who does not use DI/RO? Well there are a lot of ways of how u do it with ur knowledge as well as experience. The questions is wat kind of grade corals n fishes ur keeping? SPS? Do u still continue buying corals n fishes for the past years n years?

Like wat i said its " ren wei". Up to u.

• SRC Member
Hi everyone,

I have checked with everyone who used the tube n T new design for those who has been using for the past few years n its about for the past +- 6years" local made". They claimed so far facing without any problems at all! Some even claimed this product had saved their tank n even the animals lives. Even in the 1000 n the only one who has ever faced a problem, just bring it back n the supplier will give a responsible response. HE or SHE Will do something about it.

Well most people bought it n they have no problems!!!

Anyway, i heard that M.L or other outlets now provide free phosphate test with the cartridge to be bring there or even O.P .

Will as wat the above name mentioning about wat about those who does not use DI/RO? Well there are a lot of ways of how u do it with ur knowledge as well as experience. The questions is wat kind of grade corals n fishes ur keeping? SPS? Do u still continue buying corals n fishes for the past years n years?

Like wat i said its " ren wei". Up to u.

Depth, I suppose you are the one marketing the product? Juz my assumption base on the posts.

Juz a couple of quick questions.

I got the DI unit from OP and does not mean that I get back my $90 + $285 for both unit?

So plse send me/PM your direct contact for juz incase. I do not want to take the 40mins drive to OP with my T-shape DI tube and end up without getting anything back? BTW, I'm so piss that I have return the the cheaper version of $90 DI tube back to OP last week, when I purchase the $285 T-Tube, which suppose to be much better :blink: .

Great to hear that you stand by your product and I've spend hours..s.s. of pain testing it, thinking what's wrong with me or my test kit and infact, borrow salifert test kits from friends(I only have Seachem PO4 test kit), so do I get a refund of $90 +$285?

:thanks:

Maxima

:rolleyes:

As we can see n read about wat the 1000 n only one faced a problem n condemmed a product till like that? It can't be a new fresh media causes phosphate. Well so far i faced no problems. Well, readers its all about rumours here n there. The truth is only he himself knows about it...

Like wat depth said, some people used the tube n T design has no problems at all.. Its been years already in S'pore. All media are not manufacture local at all.

Why not u bring it dwn n test it together FROM who u brought from?

Readers maybe somebody has a product to bring in?

• SRC Member
:rolleyes:

As we can see n read about wat the 1000 n only one faced a problem n condemmed a product till like that? It can't be a new fresh media causes phosphate. Well so far i faced no problems. Well, readers its all about rumours here n there. The truth is only he himself knows about it...

Like wat depth said, some people used the tube n T design has no problems at all.. Its been years already in S'pore. All media are not manufacture local at all.

Why not u bring it dwn n test it together FROM who u brought from?

Readers maybe somebody has a product to bring in?

Well, at least the boss of OP stated that he can't vouch, everything is base on the agent's advert?????? He stated that he cannot answer if this product does not work! :blink: So what's the advise?

BTW, which reefers uses this tube? Joe, Hon, AT, Tanzy, Morgan, Robe, Chabi or any other more experience reefers?????

I need proof, not 1000 newbie who vouch for the product, but never test the water parameters in their life?

I've a 90g SPS tank, 1500g clam pond and now setting up my 280g SPS (4x4x2.5). BTW, I'm not your neighbourhood boy that throw some dead rock and 2 clowns in a tank and call it reef.

BTW, how's the reply on the refund?? You can have your DI tube back and sell it to your so called 1000++++ happy reefers.

:thanks:

Maxima

• SRC Member

I guess I made some of the retailers upset. This a product review column and whatever should be base on factual result vs advert.

My conclusion is base my factual test result, not becauz, whoever stated is good? Take a look and Marc Wesis product....you know what I mean!

So any guru reefers out there that have used and have tested with test kit on this product? Plse post your result. If I see a large numbers of these guru reefers posted with positive result, well I've nothing to say but, take this as BAD Luck. $375 of BAD Luck is a lot to bear :blink: This is already very...very fair to both consumer and retailer right?

Max

If you are spending $285 for a DI tube that lasts for a few hundred or a thousand litres. You probably be better off buying an RO unit from the US. A 25 gpd unit costs around $350-$400 including shipping.

Why do you need to use expensive DI resin to polish water that has not been prefiltered yet. Do you need such highly purified water in the 1st place? You are not using it for semiconductor production.

If you need to filter off impurities such as silica nitrates, phosphates, copper and other substances an RO unit is good enough to filter off most of the impurities to a level that does not impact your reef tank.

The RO membrane can also lasts several thousand gallons(~2500 gal or 10000+ litres) before requiring a replacement.

IF you rellay need a DI filtered water. Use an RO unit before it to extend its life.

• SRC Member

There's one big problem with all this fuss and that is the test methods used to determine phosphate concentration are highly dubious. These aquarium test kits are unreliable considering the small volume of reagent they used and using the subjective eye instead of a spectrometer or colorimeter to determine the colour of the solution. It works well for hobby level estimate of phosphate presence in the tank water but definitely inadequate for more scientific work.

I think it's just much ado about nothing.

Theoretically, a good DI column should give ionically pure water but cheap knockoffs or poorly manufactured tubes might have less than ideal perfusion and flow within the resin matrix resulting in 'unfiltered' water escaping into the effluent.

I do not see a need to use RO/DI or distilled water for the tank in Singapore and if you think it's because I can't be bothered to buy one then you are mistaken. Phosphate is always present. It gets into the tank through feeding, scraping of algae, dust or even your hands. The level of introduced phosphate from feeding greatly exceeds tap water phosphate concentration by several magnitude so it makes the phosphate present in tap water seem negligible.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

:bow:

My wrong assumption as the above paragraph.

An apology.

Classified with Henry,

It was in response to a concerned customer who bought a T tube from another LFS. He performed Phosphate test on one of his existing T tube unit to verify and quell his own doubt if phosphate is indeed removed after treatment. The test rescult showed 0 phosphate. <Salifert PO4 test kit>.

He invited the concerned customer to his shop to see the rescult as a service to dispel his doubt.

He is not offering any free PO4 test services.

Phosphate is always present. It gets into the tank through feeding, scraping of algae, dust or even your hands. The level of introduced phosphate from feeding greatly exceeds tap water phosphate concentration by several magnitude so it makes the phosphate present in tap water seem negligible.

:lol: I brought that up on the first page already! Oh well...

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Juz a follow_up review of DI cartridges.

I receive my new RO/DI unit from German and run a test on first 20 Litre, 50 Litre and 100Litre from the 3 stage RO/DI unit. All 3 tests on PO4 and nitrate is Zero. Unit juz cost USD $129 for 3 stage and $259 FOR 5-STAGE!! :D

Get something that work :rolleyes:

Maxima