Achilles Tang

I've a dilemma here & really hope u guys can give me some guidance...

I intend to get an AT for my new 4ft tank, which is about 1.5 mths old...

Prob is I dunno whether I should get it now or much later when the tank is v matured...

Reason why I want to get it now is cos I've this "not so friendly" 3.5" white-tailed/palani tang. It's currently in my previous 3ft tank..I've moved all the other fish to the 4ft tank but back when I've all my fishes still in the 3ft tank, it was "flashing" n nipping the tail of the kole eye tang I intro a mth ago...(the kole is slightly bigger in size initially) I'm worried that my new AT might not survive such aggression from the palani..

I tot maybe if I can intro the AT into my 4ft main tank b4 the palani, it might have a better chance of surviving since my other fish r v peaceful...

Also, my palani grew incredibly fast ever since I intro the kole tang a mth ago.. (it's now bigger than the kole) n at this rate...by the time my tank becomes v matured...i may nid to get a really huge AT to match it!! :unsure:

My tank seems quite stable n I intend to get an AT that's pellet feeding...so my tot is it should be able to survive if I add it now...I'm more worried about the aggression it may face if I add it later...

Pls correct me if I'm wrong..n pls I advice if should get it now or later?

Thanks in advance! :)

• SRC Member

AT is a difficult fish imo... water must be good, no aggressive mates to stress it, ich magnet and the list goes....

Having said that, it is a very popular fish with a long list of reefers waiting to get it.. but dun really know how many surviving AT are there actually now.

Mayb reefers having AT can post a pic of your gem here to make others drool :D

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank